One More Light: Live - December 15th

RogueSoul

Ethan over mixed the hell out of Download 2014, I hope that didn't happen here. Would love to see them go with someone else instead of using Ethan for so many years. I get it. His mixes aren't as realistic as the good ones from Pooch in my opinion.

Why always people have to bring to the table only the negative things?

He mixed other stuff and did a wonderful job like Monterrey 2012 or Berlin DVD.

Im not sure if he mixed the MSG show too.

Pooch is good too but his mixes sounded kinda "cheap" probably because made them in a very short period of time.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ethan over mixed the hell out of Download 2014, I hope that didn't happen here. Would love to see them go with someone else instead of using Ethan for so many years. I get it. His mixes aren't as realistic as the good ones from Pooch in my opinion.

For me, i prefer Ethan mixes than Pooch. DSP from 2010 sounds bad. especially Brad's guitar can't hear properly. that's just my personal opinion.

Why always people have to bring to the table only the negative things?

He mixed other stuff and did a wonderful job like Monterrey 2012 or Berlin DVD.

Im not sure if he mixed the MSG show too.

Pooch is good too but his mixes sounded kinda "cheap" probably because made them in a very short period of time.

Just adding to the discussion of the mixes. Yep Monterrey 2012 is great. What a crowd at that show. Pooch's yes are a result of him mixing on tour, etc. The 2007 ones are probably the best, but there are some great ones after that. 2012 is pretty damn good.

Tracks lengths:

436756795.png

The good thing is (at least for me) that Invisible will have extended intro. The bad thing is just... they added that fallout/... thing into Talking To Myself, I hate when it comes to transition of that intro to TTM. It just kills the really good intro of TTM song.

I'm hoping for a couple of songs from the South American tour.

The crowds from all countrys was amazing

Yeah, I was hoping it had some of the South American shows as well. I even thought maybe a song or two from the Las Vegas show, that was a badass show, I watched a lot of it on YouTube. Europe isn't the only place, in recent years, that's like all the band cared about was touring in Europe. But I won't get negative here. At least we are getting an official release of the OML songs live.

I love the Roads Untraveled intro, I'm glad it's on there.... I was worried they'd cut it. Good stuff.

As far as what songs are from which shows, I am planning on asking their management for that info around the release time. I don't think they'd have a problem with giving that info (so we can mark which shows have an official release (it's been a while! Rock on the Range 2015?).

OML Tour was technically all the 2017 shows, I hope some are from South America too. My fear when they do compilation releases is they will just randomly select a few headlining, non-festival shows and just grab songs from them. I would hope they'd analyze the performances and truly pick some highlights. For example: Bleed It Out in 2017 had Machine Gun Kelly in Krakow, Reading My Eyes in Monza and Sopron, and probably most importantly - Strangelove by Depeche Mode in Las Vegas. Chester's favorite band. Numb in Norrokoping had a Remember the Name chorus before it.

I can't wait for Sharp Edges, they didn't play it in Prague :( this version of Crawling will always have a special place in my heart, it's hauntingly beautiful <3 also, it feels kinda wrong to type this, but we Europeans were lucky we got to see them perform songs from OML. I'm glad they'll release this .)

I'm honestly quite excited for this release. Even if it's CD/audio only and a compilation of recordings from the European tour from this year,

I'm excited to see how the new songs sounded live, and especially with Chester singing with passion.

Good point. Also, I didn't catch that text on Wesley's post. It's only Europe, wow.

Yeah, that's pretty much my only complaint, I would've liked to hear some songs from the 4 South American shows too.

I figured out Crawling being Berlin by literally playing each show from the europe tour at the same time as the version on One More Light Live until I found the match. Gonna be a bit more difficult for most other tracks since they are played to a click. Gonna try for every song anyway.

Dont think Jon green is listed as being on the album. I think good goodbye might be from O2 Academy because stormzy comes in to early on the O2 arena show. unless they edit it out.

You may be right, but I'm sure if they were to choose the other show they would edit it and fix that mistake. For example, when Jay-Z came in too early on Big Pimpin' at Live 8 in 2005, the mistake was edited out for LPU 5.