One More Light: Live - December 15th

RogueSoul

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an honour to experience the show last June in Berlin! I saw them many times and that show is one of my favorites of all shows I ever attended!

Thank you, LP! <3

Hopefully that live album isn't the last CD as a best-off of the band!

Am I the only one who thinks that this CD is a joke? I can think right now about a thousand better ways to pay tribute to Chester. Even in the statement make us envious saying that Chester was at his best in the studio with stellar performances.

Is it so difficult to make a Blu-ray with the making of one more light and a live performance? A live CD without video content in 2017? really? I'd love to see Chester’s latest performances, but this is a disappointment. But knowing Warner that are looking forward to releasing a lot of stuff to make more money, it does not surprise me at all.

People saying it was too early to take out LPU17 and they release this….

I disagree with this 100%. I think it would be disrespectful to NOT release stuff with Chester, no matter when it is. He was a legend, he was my favorite musician of all time. I want to hear everything he’s ever done - realistically speaking or not. I want to hear live performances of him singing, demos, you name it. I want him to be honored forever. And I’ll fork over money to whatever is is. I would hate for him to be forgotten or to have stuff not come out that he was a part of. And the band has done live albums before, it’s nothing new. What a good way to honor Chester, IMO. A properly mixed and mastered live release with him singing songs that meant a lot to him.

I disagree with this 100%. I think it would be disrespectful to NOT release stuff with Chester, no matter when it is. He was a legend, he was my favorite musician of all time. I want to hear everything he’s ever done - realistically speaking or not. I want to hear live performances of him singing, demos, you name it. I want him to be honored forever. And I’ll fork over money to whatever is is. I would hate for him to be forgotten or to have stuff not come out that he was a part of. And the band has done live albums before, it’s nothing new. What a good way to honor Chester, IMO. A properly mixed and mastered live release with him singing songs that meant a lot to him.

I agree 100% especially cause I was going to go on this tour, it would make up for me not going

I agree 100% especially cause I was going to go on this tour, it would make up for me not going

Same here... had pit tickets to Mansfield and Uncasville and was also going to Blinkin Park in NYC. So it will make up for it for me as well. That's a good point.

As you said, for me Chester is a legend too, and someone who has been so important to me and whose music has been with me for almost all my life, I think this release is weak. It’s just my opinion, I think they could have prepared something more substantial and better because Chester deserves the best.

I do not think that releasing a making of or a compilation of the last tour in video would have been very difficult.

Just pre-ordered my copy, very happy about this. Curious to see where everything is recorded.

Also I really don't see this release as a joke. One of the things Chester got honoured for beside being an amazing human being was his voice. What better way to honour him than a live CD? Just focusing purely on the music and his vocals. After the Hollywood Bowl show, I think this is a great next step. How weird as it sounds, but I think this is part of the grieving process. We have cried, we have celebrated life, now it's time to put focus on an other part to remember him.

Edited by Jesper

Does anybody think this live album may be released in lieu of an LPU album this year?

It was my first thought. I wouldnt be disappointed if that was the case, this album is going to be great, but it was just something i wondered.

Of course we don't know where those tunes where recorded, but my question is... why did they recorded it, were they been preparing a live album/DVD before all this shit happened?

Dont they record every show? Not every show is professionally mixed obviously but I always thought they have SBD recordings of most if not all their shows.

Of course we don't know where those tunes where recorded, but my question is... why did they recorded it, were they been preparing a live album/DVD before all this shit happened?

They never stopped recording every show, even after the DSP program was discontinued. Every show from 2007-present was recorded.

As you said, for me Chester is a legend too, and someone who has been so important to me and whose music has been with me for almost all my life, I think this release is weak. It’s just my opinion, I think they could have prepared something more substantial and better because Chester deserves the best.

I do not think that releasing a making of or a compilation of the last tour in video would have been very difficult.

Sorry, but you're wrong simply for the fact that everything released related to the band since his passing has been for Chester or in his honor

- OML single

- OML music video/Fan lyric video

- One More Light fund and proceeds from charities provided for the fund

- http://chester.linkinpark.com

- Tribute Concert

- Looking For An Answer

- One More Light Live album

- James Jean Tribute Art

- Steve Aoki mixes

- Carpool Karoke

- #MakeChesterProud

The list goes on. And just because something hasn't been released now doesn't mean it won't released in the future. One day at a time.

I wanted to go so bad to the show in Amsterdam but couldn't... I told myself on the next cycle i'll definitely go. Then the unthinkable happened...

I see this as a way to kind of have glimpse of what i would've experience if i saw them live this year.

Despite the band trying to figure out how to build the future of Linkin Park, you can't complain they're still putting out content.

And for that i'm grateful!

That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard, they just lost a friend and want to honor him, and want fans to remember him, how is that milking?

I know, I couldn't agree with you more. Seriously, go look at the band's social media stuff, people are saying it. There was one person who had this entire paragraph on it and I can't seem to find it now, but at least people are defending the band against those comments.

I see this as a way to kind of have glimpse of what i would've experience if i saw them live this year.

Despite the band trying to figure out how to build the future of Linkin Park, you can't complain they're still putting out content.

Agreed, I was going to see them, but then Chester's death happened, so this almost makes it up for me not getting to see them, and I think that's the idea the band had in mind

I wanted to go so bad to the show in Amsterdam but couldn't... I told myself on the next cycle i'll definitely go. Then the unthinkable happened...

I wish I could have seen the band on this album cycle... As I mentioned before, I was going to 3 shows on the upcoming U.S. tour. Now I wish that I went to Las Vegas for that show at The Chelsea. :(