SerioDrew

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/22/2019 at 3:09 AM, Scourge said:

have you decided on what Xero Hunting vol. 3 will be yet? haha

On 12/22/2019 at 3:19 AM, Xerocholdfan said:

Pictureboard but its possible maybe something like esual with mark wakefield On the vocals

Its just an idea :)

Im totally down for a Xero Hunting Vol.3 . The thing is there is a ton of things out there and its not a matter of choosing to pursue the one I like most but which ones can be found.

I mean Id love Pictureboard but there is no lead to it, so where would we look? So Im open to suggestions tbh, if you guys have an idea for something and HOW we can find it, PM me Im in.

Edited by SerioDrew

2 hours ago, Garret said:

The next hunt should be for the Marc Ostrick tapes.

As I said Hunting is all about having a good lead, a good WAY of finding it. I dont see a way to get those tapes other than paying that guy and I dont happen to have 10k to spare lol.

If you have a lead though Im down, let me know.

On 12/23/2019 at 7:45 PM, Garret said:

The next hunt should be for the Marc Ostrick tapes.

I offered him $5,000 in 2018 for the tapes. He countered with $50,000.

He isn't selling anything to fans unless you have that much, or unless LP themselves come knocking on the door.

19 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

He isn't selling anything to fans unless you have that much, or unless LP themselves come knocking on the door.

Guy seems like a douche then. Wow. 

21 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

He knows that he has something that has a high value by how much the community hyped up the tape and since chester passed away hes gonna ask for a lot of money.

By the way i don't know anything about copyright stuff but isn't kind of illegal that this dude is trying to make money selling stuff from the band that he has zero right to their music? i know he record the tape but the song are by the band not by him i suppose that warner can sue him easily

5 minutes ago, Diaux said:

He knows that he has something that has a high value by how much the community hyped up the tape and since chester passed away hes gonna ask for a lot of money.

By the way i don't know anything about copyright stuff but isn't kind of illegal that this dude is trying to make money selling stuff from the band that he has zero right to their music? i know he record the tape but the song are by the band not by him i suppose that warner can sue him easily

He has been asking for large sums of money since it was discovered and I think that was in like 2006 maybe. Like yeah, fans definitely want it, myself included, but he is acting like he has every demo the band has ever made or something. I also agree that I don't see how he has rights to sell their music for that price, or any price. Maybe since he filmed it and they gave him permission at the time (obviously) so he has the rights.

2 hours ago, mrfox said:

wasn't the price 10 000$ few months ago?

That's how much he wanted before Chester died.

Ostrick's asking price has a lot to do with his own perception of his success too. He was just getting started in his career when he did Lockout, but he went on to produce the 24: Conspiracy series and a bunch of stuff for Shark Week on Discovery. He basically thinks that because he's had a successful enough career to have a Wikipedia page, his work is worth whatever he says it is.

I also think it's possible that he doesn't actually have the footage anymore and doesn't want to admit it, which is why he keeps jacking the price up every time we start getting close to what he asked last time.

Edited by Astat

23 hours ago, Astat said:

Ostrick's asking price has a lot to do with his own perception of his success too. He was just getting started in his career when he did Lockout, but he went on to produce the 24: Conspiracy series and a bunch of stuff for Shark Week on Discovery. He basically thinks that because he's had a successful enough career to have a Wikipedia page, his work is worth whatever he says it is.

I also think it's possible that he doesn't actually have the footage anymore and doesn't want to admit it, which is why he keeps jacking the price up every time we start getting close to what he asked last time.

Yeah that guy is crazy though if he think someone would pay 50k for that. I mean Id have to be a multi-millionaire to spend that much for those tapes, we dont even know if they are good, or if they have unheard stuff. Supposedly they are 2:30 hours long so thats something but still 50k is way to much even for his career. He aint no Martin Scorsese. Itd be sooo funny if he doesnt have the tapes. The whole LP community is dying to get their hands on these tapes for years, itd be a huge troll if he doesnt have em in the first place lol.

Damn I would really love those Ostrick tapes... They date from February 2000 so it’s likely the first ‘’show’’ of 2000 unless that one before it was a real show, but it’s not confirmed. 2000 = the year of HT, the year they took over the world. It would be so epic to have for 2020, celebrating 20 years. It’s a shame that the circumstances about it are so shit. He probably doesn’t even have the full footage, I bet, he probably lost it a long time ago. Or maybe he really does, after all, he released small videos from it in 2006. Maybe he has kept on to it all since then because fans were asking about buying it immediately back then. Sucks that since Chester passed, he has risen the price even higher. No normal fan of LP would ever be able to buy it. And even if a bunch of fans pitched in together, it would be way too much, even then. And there is also the issue of if someone buys it from him and doesn’t want to share it. Sucks all around. IMO it is the ultimate holy grail for something that we know exists (obviously there is better stuff but is impossible to get right now like certain DSP’s and demos, etc).

16 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

Is it really 2.5 hours of footage?

Supposedly it is. Who knows for sure unless it is somehow proved by Marc I guess, right? Pretty crazy though if it is. I wonder how many songs they played. What if it was just the 3 we know and then the rest of the footage was them just hanging out? Who knows. I bet there are more songs performed though. Maybe like 6.

The tapes that you're talking about contain the footage of a show from 2000, right? Or before? If it's 2.5 hours of footage, maybe they played some demos or something because only songs from HT would be too few for a show that long. Which songs we know are included there?

3 hours ago, blackout said:

The tapes that you're talking about contain the footage of a show from 2000, right? Or before? If it's 2.5 hours of footage, maybe they played some demos or something because only songs from HT would be too few for a show that long. Which songs we know are included there?

The footage was filmed for a web series called Lockout which you can watch in his YouTube channel. In the series there are clips of Esaul, Rhinestone and Slip as well as Joe doing scratches, an interview with the band, an interview with Jeff Blue where he plays a CD of Hybrid Theory demos and some footage of the band outside the building. All of that should account for the 2 hours of footage he claims to have. I think we never got confirmation of how many songs he filmed, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just those three.

I don't think there is a live show included by the band. Lockout sometimes filmed live shows, but like lpliveusername says, I think this one is just the rehearsal, interview, random footage, etc.

Yeah I'd guess there are more than 3 rehearsal songs, I mean what band would only rehearse 3 songs total? lol