Xero Hunting Vol.2: The Search for "Rhinestone [The Crow Version]"

SerioDrew

54 minutes ago, Diaux said:

The esaul video from the frat party dvd is from the ostrick tapes or is just a recording made by the band?

No, that Esaul was  from 1999, not 2000, and was filmed in Mike's literal apartment. The Lockout series was filmed in a studio the band used in 2000 to rehearse and what not.

2 hours ago, Hahninator said:

I don't think there is a live show included by the band. Lockout sometimes filmed live shows, but like lpliveusername says, I think this one is just the rehearsal, interview, random footage, etc.

Yeah I'd guess there are more than 3 rehearsal songs, I mean what band would only rehearse 3 songs total? lol

Yeah, I think around 6, because MTM rehearsal shows had usually 5-6 songs and so didn't other stuff like the Rio Social promo thing which was a LT rehearsal show (6 songs), ATS for Kevin and Bean was like 6 songs, etc. Sometimes they even do more than that I think. I think the band played the entire THP album live in 2014 rehearsals but they only ended up playing half the album in 2014/2015.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I’m glad Chester has joined the band because Mark was nothing special and they would get Lost with him in the crowd easily. I am glad they decided to work with this demo until they got the final version because this song trully got something in it from the very beginning. 

1 minute ago, sordomuda said:

I’m glad Chester has joined the band because Mark was nothing special and they would get Lost with him in the crowd easily. I am glad they decided to work with this demo until they got the final version because this song trully got something in it from the very beginning. 

Yeah I mean Chester was like a God compared to him but everyone already knew that, even Mike would agree. 

28 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

I agree and disagree. Yes Mark was nothing special (we was "OK" ig) and Chester is 100 times better. But Im not sure the band would get lost in the crowd, cause its their uniqueness that made em special not only Chester's voice. Of course it was a huge boost and with Mark they wouldnt be the band they are today, but I think they would still have SOME success, not mainstream though but maybe they'd be "famous" in the Rock/Alternative scene. And another thing that made Chester a big asset to the band in comparison to Mark was his hunger for success, Mark left cause it wasnt rll what he wanted to do with his life, while Chester was hungry af to succeed in music.

Edited by SerioDrew

I kinda know what you mean. Mike is the brain of LP but i still think after first album no one would care because they wouldnt pull MTM Level of epicness with Mark average vocals. Also even Numb would be a non event. 
Also hunger is what makes you successful not only a talent. 

Edited by sordomuda

22 minutes ago, JZLP said:

Who thr fuck is tictac08? He released this and What Are You Worth that's so fucking great

I have my theory on this one, but better not wonder too much. Thanks to whoever released it! This one's for the books as the quality is superb and the version itself is dope AF!

45 minutes ago, JZLP said:

Who thr fuck is tictac08? He released this and What Are You Worth that's so fucking great

8 minutes ago, SerioDrew said:

Oh I hadnt realised its the same guy who leaked What Are You Worth :P 

He posted a "lossless" version of What Are You Worth which turned out to be fake. His post dates from about a month after the mp3 version was posted.

Now that this is floating around, I just want to point out the interesting fact that the instrumental track on this version is identical to the Hybrid Theory-era demo with Chester. They probably started recording demos as soon as they got their Zomba deal and used those as the base tracks for future demo revisions (similar to how the various Esaul/Super Xero demos have identical or very similar instrumental tracks and different vocals). I'm willing to bet there are similar demos with Mark for Slip and Esaul.