Xero Hunting Vol.2: The Search for "Rhinestone [The Crow Version]"

SerioDrew

14 minutes ago, Astat said:

Now that this is floating around, I just want to point out the interesting fact that the instrumental track on this version is identical to the Hybrid Theory-era demo with Chester. They probably started recording demos as soon as they got their Zomba deal and used those as the base tracks for future demo revisions (similar to how the various Esaul/Super Xero demos have identical or very similar instrumental tracks and different vocals). I'm willing to bet there are similar demos with Mark for Slip and Esaul.

It's not that identical. It's similar. With Chester it is louder and the sample after lyrics "And I'm far from a wait list" is slowed. And I agree with you, it's on 100% that there are Xero - Slip and Esaul versions with Mark. I can imagine his voice in those demos. We know that Mark is on the credits for those two. I also believe that all demos from Xero Sampler Tape are re-recorded with Mark in studio.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, hybrider said:

It's not that identical. It's similar. With Chester it is louder and the sample after lyrics "And I'm far from a wait list" is slowed. And I agree with you, it's on 100% that there are Xero - Slip and Esaul versions with Mark. I can imagine his voice in those demos. We know that Mark is on the credits for those two. I also believe that all demos from Xero Sampler Tape are re-recorded with Mark in studio.

True, the "hoo-hah" sample thing in the chorus is a bit different. The core guitar/bass/drum stuff is all the same though, and it sounds like the samples in the bridge are too. I feel like they kept the same main instrument tracks when they were revising demos early on and only re-tracked live instruments as they needed to.

7 hours ago, xeroboi said:

Was the lpu12 demo before the 9 tracks one?

For Rhinestone you’re saying? Apparently it’s identical to the 9 track version, just a better quality. Some of the other ones from the era such as ITE, Esaul and POA from LPU12 all have a slight difference, though. 

• 4 months later...

It's so great that the track was found and became public. I found out about it yesterday. Many times already listened. ))

Tell me, please, it was not shared in lossless? MP3 only (on reddit)?

5 hours ago, T0MMYGUNN said:

links on reddit are dead, anyone know where i can download it at?

I have MP3 only. Sent it in PM.

Upd.

I found a person who send me a lossless rip. 🙂

New links (Google Drive):

MP3 / FLAC

Edited by Zoom

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, MrS said:

Any Xero Hunt with a possible lead? I can participate on Xero Hunting III!

Xero Hunting Team still works on projects. Not Rhinestone obviously, but other stuff. We now operate on discord :) If you are interested to join just PM Me or comment here

15 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Now we gotta look for a copy of the Pooch Pound demo. lol

Lol there probably is just one of it 😂 So lets get it 😂

4 hours ago, LuscoTRP said:

A new Xero demo? In this topic i read for a new discovered, " Rapology 11 - Artwork", any1 have a link? ^^

Its not a song, just the artwork cover of the cd, it was done by Joe and its very cool. Mike did the artworks for Rapology 12,13,14,16 too. 

Edited by SerioDrew

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...