Xero Reborn (Xero)
Closing (Xero)

Technique Long (Hybrid Theory EP)
Be Yourself

Dust Brothers ft. Linkin Park
LMNO & Mike

My December (Team Sleep Remix)
Sick (Don't Stay Demo)

Thoughts That Take Away My Pride (Meteora)
Watch Their Mouth (Fort Minor)

Machine Shop Mixtape Song
Burn It Down (Tech N9ne Remix)

Edited by SerioDrew

01 Instrumental demo (2016)

02 Short Instrumental demo (2016)

03 Instrumental demo (2017)

04 Instrumental demo (2015)

05 Dave sbeat (Chester's version)

06 Instrumental demo (2016)

07 Short Instrumental demo (2013)

08 Instrumental demo (2015)

09 Short Instrumental demo (2016)

10 Breaking The Habit (Mike's second take)

I don't know what tracks they should release for this year LPU but i just want them to re-release XERO demo tape in high quality. Why i'm asking for this because this year, marks 20 years of the XERO demo tape. Come on LP, you should release it.

I don't know what tracks they should release for this year LPU but i just want them to re-release XERO demo tape in high quality. Why i'm asking for this because this year, marks 20 years of the XERO demo tape. Come on LP, you should release it.

The Xero demos that LP has are probably the same quality that we already got, at least for the original versions, I don't know how good Mike's mastertape would be. It was probably a "metal" tape which is granted, higher quality then regular tapes (and it's what those 4-track recorders used), but who knows how bad it's deteriorated after 20 years.

There is another possibility that there are re-tracked and re-recorded versions of the songs, I mean we already know there's a "HD" version of Rhinestone with Mark, I'm willing to bet at some point before Mark left that they re-recorded some of their catalog possibly in a ProTools session.

The Xero demos that LP has are probably the same quality that we already got, at least for the original versions, I don't know how good Mike's mastertape would be. It was probably a "metal" tape which is granted, higher quality then regular tapes (and it's what those 4-track recorders used), but who knows how bad it's deteriorated after 20 years.

There is another possibility that there are re-tracked and re-recorded versions of the songs, I mean we already know there's a "HD" version of Rhinestone with Mark, I'm willing to bet at some point before Mark left that they re-recorded some of their catalog possibly in a ProTools session.

I'm not sure LP has quality of the Xero tape as we already got. Especially after LPL discovered of the two new song of Xero exists in CD form (high/better quality). I'm sure they have it. Or best way is to re-record it. I prefer the version of Reading My Eyes from LPU6.

• 4 weeks later...

Bring me the original folky versions of Skin to Bone and Roads Untraveled, I'd love that. I'm not totally sure RU came from a folk demo but I know STB did.

Edited by Kilmer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My wishlist for LPU 17.

01. Not Alone (Original MTM Version before it was re-written)

02. No Roads Left (Chester's Vocal Take)

03. 21 Stitches (Given Up Demo)

04. Grecian (MTM Demo)

05. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride (Fully done b-side from Meteora, complete with vocals)

06. Numb (Demo)

07. Shadow Of The Day (Earlier version with electric banjo)

08. Blackbirds (Original MTM Version before it was re-written)

09. Clever Name (MTM Demo)

10. Episodes (MTM Demo)

My wishlist for LPU 17.

04. Grecian (MTM Demo)

05. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride (Fully done b-side from Meteora, complete with vocals)

06. Numb (Demo)

10. Episodes (MTM Demo)

I'm spraypaintninkpens and I approve this message.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

My wishlist for LPU 17.

04. Grecian (MTM Demo)

06. Numb (Demo)

10. Episodes (MTM Demo)

Astat said that the Blackbirds version from MtM is the same we got in 8-Bit Rebellion! / ATS B-Side.

Also, great list. I hope LP give us the most of material from Chester possible. I wouldn't mind they release those demos as MtM 10 Year anniversary. Also the OML B-Sides and other required (Take Away My Pride, ATS demos...)

Astat said that the Blackbirds version from MtM is the same we got in 8-Bit Rebellion! / ATS B-Side.

Also, great list. I hope LP give us the most of material from Chester possible. I wouldn't mind they release those demos as MtM 10 Year anniversary. Also the OML B-Sides and other required (Take Away My Pride, ATS demos...)

Yeah, that would be epic.

Edited by Geki

I always said I didn't want the LPU CDs to go back to live tracks, but they professionally recorded the NYC Subway Set + OML at Kimmel so that would be a great 6 song release. Maybe toss on Talking to Myself, Sharp Edges, Heavy, Good Goodbye live from 2017 touring. Nice stuff.

Now that the situation has changed with Chester, I think any sort of release geared as a tribute towards him is pretty appropriate. Whatever they do I am fine with. I don't have any requests for certain songs, we see where that got us before. The LPU songs always end up being some good, some blah, so I'm sure whatever they release it will be with good intentions and we will like some of it. No problem. Just hope they do SOMETHING as I (selfishly?) want to keep the site/fanbase rolling with news, etc. Not for hits or views or anything but it's just become such a norm/regular thing for 12 years I think it would be pretty depressing if the entire operation of the machine stopped. But I'm pretty sure it won't.

I always said I didn't want the LPU CDs to go back to live tracks, but they professionally recorded the NYC Subway Set + OML at Kimmel so that would be a great 6 song release. Maybe toss on Talking to Myself, Sharp Edges, Heavy, Good Goodbye live from 2017 touring. Nice stuff.

Now that the situation has changed with Chester, I think any sort of release geared as a tribute towards him is pretty appropriate. Whatever they do I am fine with. I don't have any requests for certain songs, we see where that got us before. The LPU songs always end up being some good, some blah, so I'm sure whatever they release it will be with good intentions and we will like some of it. No problem. Just hope they do SOMETHING as I (selfishly?) want to keep the site/fanbase rolling with news, etc. Not for hits or views or anything but it's just become such a norm/regular thing for 12 years I think it would be pretty depressing if the entire operation of the machine stopped. But I'm pretty sure it won't.

I wouldn't buy that, no offense, nor want that. I think they could just release that as like an EP or something like they have done in the past with stuff like the SoHo show, or the iTunes Festival, etc. I'd rather have demos with Chester.

Edited by Geki

• 1 month later...

My wishlist:

1. Rhinestone (Studio Demo with Mark Wakefield)

2. Reading My Eyes (1998 Demo)

3. Fuse (1998 Demo)

4. Stick 'N Move (1998 Demo)

5. And One (1998 Original Demo)

6. Slip (1998 Original Demo)

7. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride (2002 Demo)

8. The Wizard Song (2002 Demo)

9. Monday Meeting (2009 Demo)

10. Plaster II (2002 Demo)

My wishlist:

1. Rhinestone (Studio Demo with Mark Wakefield)

2. Reading My Eyes (1998 Demo)

3. Fuse (1998 Demo)

4. Stick 'N Move (1998 Demo)

5. And One (1998 Original Demo)

6. Slip (1998 Original Demo)

7. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride (2002 Demo)

8. The Wizard Song (2002 Demo)

9. Monday Meeting (2009 Demo)

10. Plaster II (2002 Demo)

I hope we get LPU17 in November.... So many demos that I want to hear in the vault.

Edited by Geki