LP Underground 17 Wishlist

Geki

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, the LPU CD song selection/manufacturing process always takes at least a couple months. Even if the Hollywood Bowl show gave them enough strength to start going through demos looking for ways to honor Chester (because you know they'd want the CD to feature him heavily), there just wouldn't have been enough time to do it.

I think we'll eventually get some LPU music in the first half of 2018, either as a CD or as a download thing.

I changed my wishlist a little bit, for now I want to hear some unreleased songs

1. Patients/No Roads Left But One (No Roads Left Demo w/ Chester's Vocals)

2. In Between (2006 Demo w/ Chester's Vocals)

3. Figure.09 (Original 2002 Demo, From LPTV)

4. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride (Unreleased Meteora Demo)

5. Machine Shop Song (2005/2006 Demo)

6. Pac-Manny (Blackout 2010 Demo, Freestyle Lyrics)

7. Song Q (Hands Held High Demo, Another Chorus)

8. Fire In The City (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

9. EBow Idea (No More Sorrow Demo)

10. Dust Brothers Song feat. Linkin Park (2001 Demo)

11. Coffee (Keys To The Kingdom Demo, Alternate Ending)

12. Pictureboard (Hybrid Theory Demo, LPU9 Version)

Figure.09 would be awesome, it almost had verses sung by Chester, I hope they still have that. How do you know about the alternate ending in Coffee and another chorus in Song Q?

Figure.09 would be awesome, it almost had verses sung by Chester, I hope they still have that. How do you know about the alternate ending in Coffee and another chorus in Song Q?

Song Q was explained during the Making Of MTM (Webster Hall Theater Version). Mike said that each band member sang the chorus on their own, and they ended up combining all 6 of the band members choruses together for what appeared on the album. He also teased about showing us a few of the band members choruses, showing only a clip of one, before shutting it off. It's also possible that they tried other chorus ideas throughout the formation of the song, since some songs undergo like 30 different versions (LOATR, SIB, BIO etc)

But yeah, that Figure.09 demo would be epic. We got a Figure.09 demo on LPU9 with different choruses and bridge and it was epic as fuck, I still listen to it a lot. Chester singing the verses, it was probably badass.

Song Q was explained during the Making Of MTM (Webster Hall Theater Version). Mike said that each band member sang the chorus on their own, and they ended up combining all 6 of the band members choruses together for what appeared on the album. He also teased about showing us a few of the band members choruses, showing only a clip of one, before shutting it off. It's also possible that they tried other chorus ideas throughout the formation of the song, since some songs undergo like 30 different versions (LOATR, SIB, BIO etc)

But yeah, that Figure.09 demo would be epic. We got a Figure.09 demo on LPU9 with different choruses and bridge and it was epic as fuck, I still listen to it a lot. Chester singing the verses, it was probably badass.

Yeah that Figure 0.9 demo with Chaz screaming "there s no turning back nooooo" and Mike whispering "if you go theres no turning back" was epic AF

• 1 month later...

1. No Roads Left (Chester Version)

2. OML B-Side

3. 2009-12 Demo

4. OML Demo

5. No More Sorrow (Demo)

6. OML Demo

7. Figure.09 Demo

8. OML B-Side

9. THP Demo

10. Meteora Demo w/ Vocals

11. Instrumental Demo

12. 17th MTM Track

------

(Secret Track)

13. A Place For My Head (Live at Telekom VOLT Festival, Hungary, 2017)

Edited by HybridParty

• 4 weeks later...

i cant find the figure 09 demo ur talking about. r u just taking about the short clip with the fakness line

my list

1. oml demos/bside

2.part of me (final track that was cut)

3.Carousel(final Track that was cut)

4.And One(final track that was cut)

5-8. Meteora Demos WITH VOCALS (specificly thoughts that take away my pride)

rest: anything else is fine

That's really cool. What's the story behind that? Do we know?

They went to an English pub and got the whole place to sing the melody? lol

We never got much info on it other than this video. It's super interesting to me. We always get random instrumentals and seeds of songs that never made the cut of the albums. The songs that actually made the albums have a lot of cool early versions that people forget about. For example, I would take a demo of SOTD over any random MTM song that didn't make the cut because of the electric banjo and shit. And these are just a few examples. So many amazing songs over all the songs that made the cut for HT, Meteora, MTM, ATS, LT, THP and OML. While they have given us some, there still aren't many and a lot aren't finalized much. For example, Fear and Drum Song off of LPU9 are great, but we were shown versions of both with Mike singing both songs in full, different lyrics, etc. Those are the sick ones. Imagine the original Powerless, look at how epic Primo was. The demo of War that has Chester going 1-2-1-2-Fuck you in the intro. Mike singing the final version of Final Masquerade, the album version, with electric guitars, with Mike singing. Probably epic. What about a version of Heavy with Chester singing it all? So epic. What about that epic Blackout demo we were shown in LPTV? Damn. And think about how awesome the demos for Meteora songs probably are. FTI demo? Probably badass. And so many more.

I want to hear other OML demos so badly. I remember seeing titles like Friendly Fire, Lost My Horizon and Can We Go Back

For sure. The band saying that the lyrics came first than music makes me think that is the album with most close-to-finish demos / songs we don't heard (maybe even more than Meteora / MTM / ATS). I remember that the final boards contained the titles "Friendly Fire" and "Out of Reach" (the last is not Battle Symphony, since both names are in the board), so they could be the most close of OML B-Sides. Also, the band collaborated with a lot of guests (Corin from Purity Ring in "District 108" is the one which I remember about), we have some demo lyrics (https://www.reddit.com/r/LinkinPark/comments/61f57d/possible_new_linkin_park_lyrics_from_one_more/ and maybe the lyrics from "This Sin Is Not My Home"), and, I don't know you, but I would LOVE to hear a 2 part LP song, as "Can't We Go Back" seemed to be like ^^ IMG_4861.png)

I don't get why they don't just release all demos from all album cycles (HT-OML). Especially now with Chester gone. They have probably over a 1000 demos from all those albums combined. At least let the fans pick maybe 30 of them that they want the most or something. A good majority of them are just sitting on computers and hard drives and shit. Maybe not release all of the OML ones since Mike and the band may reuse some in the future, but a good majority of the ones from HT-THP are probably never going to be used again. Since they already have given us a lot of weird demos, why not? Unfortunately, no one really cares about these except for the really hardcore fans who actually know about the band, not just random ass people who only know the main albums and that's it.

For sure. The band saying that the lyrics came first than music makes me think that is the album with most close-to-finish demos / songs we don't heard (maybe even more than Meteora / MTM / ATS). I remember that the final boards contained the titles "Friendly Fire" and "Out of Reach" (the last is not Battle Symphony, since both names are in the board), so they could be the most close of OML B-Sides. Also, the band collaborated with a lot of guests (Corin from Purity Ring in "District 108" is the one which I remember about), we have some demo lyrics (https://www.reddit.com/r/LinkinPark/comments/61f57d/possible_new_linkin_park_lyrics_from_one_more/ and maybe the lyrics from "This Sin Is Not My Home"), and, I don't know you, but I would LOVE to hear a 2 part LP song, as "Can't We Go Back" seemed to be like ^^ IMG_4861.png)

Oh yes I remember that video with Corin playing a theremin! I agree that Friendly Fire and Out Of Reach must have been close to being finished, because these were on the board till the end of the process.

I don't get why they don't just release all demos from all album cycles (HT-OML). Especially now with Chester gone. They have probably over a 1000 demos from all those albums combined. At least let the fans pick maybe 30 of them that they want the most or something. A good majority of them are just sitting on computers and hard drives and shit. Maybe not release all of the OML ones since Mike and the band may reuse some in the future, but a good majority of the ones from HT-THP are probably never going to be used again. Since they already have given us a lot of weird demos, why not? Unfortunately, no one really cares about these except for the really hardcore fans who actually know about the band, not just random ass people who only know the main albums and that's it.

Well, they can't just release packs of 30 demos each time, because then we'd run out of demos real quick :D

Oh yes I remember that video with Corin playing a theremin! I agree that Friendly Fire and Out Of Reach must have been close to being finished, because these were on the board till the end of the process.

Well, they can't just release packs of 30 demos each time, because then we'd run out of demos real quick :D

Just give us some super huge download with all demos from all eras.

Nah that would be too much work for the band to put together and too overwhelming for one release.

Right, my mistake lol

Maybe but I don't think it would be that hard. Put a week aside and go through the vaults. They opened themselves up to the fans always asking for demos and b-sides, just like they did with the DSP's. If they never had done DSP's at all or never had released any demos and b-sides at all, fans wouldn't be begging for them today. Every other band that I listen to very rarely releases anything aside from main albums, fans are lucky if they get 1 or 2 bonus tracks of songs that didn't make the cut as bonus tracks. And thus the demand isn't as high. It doesn't make me an asshole for asking for demos since the band has released demos year after year after year.

Mike is not able to go through songs right now.

I understand that. But someday I want to hear these demos. MTM, Meteora, etc. Tons of great demos from eras. Especially MTM, you know there are some more songs from MTM era that have vocals. They wrote 150 songs and more for the album and remember they added the nanana vocals to songs early on during that era. Hahninator, you love MTM just as much as me, I know you want to hear all the MTM demos just like I do.

Guys, it's fake?

zEccoSsZXhc.jpg

I hope not, since there was a song named "Pictureboard" i always wanted to hear it

I mean, if you have a download of a possible version of the album tell me

you're obligated to need "Pictureboard" and "Sick ("Don't Stay" 2002 Demo) in the LPU

Edited by Simon