LP Underground 17 Wishlist

Geki

I'd love to hear a demo version of Numb or Shadow Of The Day. Imagine getting something epic like the version of Shadow Of The Day with the electric banjo. Chester's version of NRL...

Edited by Geki

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prediction:

OML live album serves as the "November annual release" of sorts for the fanbase and they don't do an actual LPU CD this year. Still think they keep the LPU since the band will continue but I bet Mike & co can't sit through hours of demos yet. With a live release they can just have others in the management, etc do it.

Looks like the OML live release will be different as a separate release. So its still up in the air if we will get a LPU this year. I still think they should do it. Maybe part of it is just me not wanting to let go of the past. I used to get so excited for LPU albums every year and would usually enjoy a lot of it.

Edited by Geki

I really hope Thoughts That Take Away My Pride would be released in this LPU!!! That demo is so amazing and must hear it! I will make a Twitter account for that and write Lorenzo to put it there.

Apparently Lorenzo has nothing to do with picking the tracks. Ive asked him before. He said the band chooses the tracks each year. No clue why the band hasnt asked fans what they would like to hear. They should do that at least for one year.

Would anyone want to hear this demo? Sounds better than what we got.

We need that thoughts that take away my pride demo and the 17th MTM track.

Edited by Geki

...this is literally the same thing that "we got," transposed up a bit.

The instrumental seems to way different to me. Mike’s also singing it a little different as well. And who knows what changes the song went through. Maybe Blackbear did a verse instead of Chester. Who knows. Maybe there was never a rap verse. I’d like to hear a demo of it. If it weren’t up to me it would be old school demos only but I try to talk about other ones too from other albums.

Apparently Lorenzo has nothing to do with picking the tracks. Ive asked him before. He said the band chooses the tracks each year. No clue why the band hasnt asked fans what they would like to hear. They should do that at least for one year.

Would anyone want to hear this demo? Sounds better than what we got.

We need that thoughts that take away my pride demo and the 17th MTM track.

Maybe Lorenzo can ask Mike to put it there. It's 20th anniversary of Xero. It would be good to hear Fuse or Stick 'N Move with Chester's voice. I am so curious on old demos up to Meteora era. I like good old LP.

Mike picks the tracks for it himself. There obviously seems to be some sort of reason why they don't put more than 1-2 "full" songs on it every year. They might not want to empty the vault of those.

I wouldn't quite jump the gun on assuming there will be a CD with LPU 17 yet, given the circumstances. Good to know it's continuing though.

I agree. I doubt there is a CD since Mike is the one that has to do the work to dig through the songs.

Pretty stupid if there’s no CD. I definitely won’t buy it if there isn’t. I think there will be. Mike played a show, has made new music, done interviews, etc. He is strong. And I think this will be a good way to honor Chaz with some awesome unreleased songs for the hardcore fans.

I think that's a weird way to look at it when this is obviously an extreme circumstance for them to even be in this position.

Well yeah man it's been a little bit now. They literally talked about how hard it was for them to play a show and that they felt somewhat better doing it. I think Mike is going to give us some demos for the CD. The LPU CD's aren't really ever anything special anyways. It's not like it's all fully completed b-sides. We never get those. They're just demos and rough song ideas. They can give us anything. You don't think Mike has been listening to the band's music in recent months? I do. They played a show, are giving us a live album, etc. And LPU 17 is confirmed. It obviously will come with music, they do every single year since it's inception. If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected. It should be coming fairly soon. Mike is a strong dude, he's been strong throughout it all. He wants to give the fans as much as he can, he probably WANTS to give us demos. Mike has always been cool like that and has said so many times that he loves giving back to the fans.

If music doesn't come with it, I won't buy the package. I'm not gonna trash the band or harrass the band about it. I just wouldn't buy it personally. And in my own opinion, I do think we'll get music with it, probably 10 random demos like always. I don't think it will be this huge epic thing with huge Chester songs, but I think we'll get just a standard release for sure.

i bet we will get a cd cause possibly the earning will got to OMLFund so with a cd more people will buy it. As for the tracklist i really don't like when we get live versions (cause no new songs) or instrumentals (cause not interested) in LPUs and I bet this year we wont get Instrumentals (since they will probably include the more Chester vocals they can). I really like rare-old stuff like pre-HT not cause I dont like current LP sound, I just really like reading and researching about my fav bands first steps and history but we probably won't get much of those. I've already posted my ideal but unrealistic tracklist in this topic in page 2.

i bet we will get a cd cause possibly the earning will got to OMLFund so with a cd more people will buy it. As for the tracklist i really don't like when we get live versions (cause no new songs) or instrumentals (cause not interested) in LPUs and I bet this year we wont get Instrumentals (since they will probably include the more Chester vocals they can). I really like rare-old stuff like pre-HT not cause I dont like current LP sound, I just really like reading and researching about my fav bands first steps and history but we probably won't get much of those. I've already posted my ideal but unrealistic tracklist in this topic in page 2.

I think it probably will be 10 demos, the standard. I think we will get like half instrumentals and half with vocals, possibly. I think the fanbase is largely overthinking this whole thing, including myself. I think it will be a standard LPU release, with maybe a few ''special'' demos with Chester. I think we will 100% get music though, I'm positive of it.

EDIT: Another thing I wanted to discuss. I wonder if the band ever regrets doing the LPU CD's for all these years. They could have still had a fanclub starting with LPU 1 and just never gave us music with the package. It's crazy to think about how much music we have got from LPU 1 to LPU 16. I bet they don't really like releasing demos. Think about it... they work hard on making an album for years at a time, and they pick what songs they think are the best, to make an album, a piece of art. And then you have the fans (like myself) that are all like ''give us xxx demo!''. I would hate it if I were in a band. Lol.

Edited by Geki

I would definitely think the fans are insane for asking for Pictureboard every year when I know (I DON'T know but if I was in the band I would know, lol trying to not confuse people) that the song is garbage. Lmao. Pretty funny.

Yeah, that's a good example. You know? Like I'm 99.9% positive that all of the 12 songs on Hybrid Theory are better than Pictureboard. I just sometimes wonder if Mike regrets giving us so much demos and unreleased music each year. I think he felt really badly with the fan reception of mmm...cookies in 2008 and that's why we have been getting full demo CD's each year since. I know you'll remember how it was back in 2008, everyone was pissed about the CD at the time. I don't think the band was ever fully comfortable with giving us unreleased music, that's why we didn't get much of it with the first 8 LPU CD's. I feel like we kind of pressured them into giving us unreleased songs and demos each year.

I listen to a lot of artists and Linkin Park is really the only one who gives us unreleased songs or b-sides or demos, etc.

Sometimes I feel like I'm done with listening to demos or unfinished songs, etc. I feel like I've heard it all a thousand times with how much music we have got over the year with LPU.

It goes to show how much work actually goes into making an album, for LP. Think about all the weird little instrumentals and stuff we have got, are the stuff with incomplete vocals. Can you imagine turning those into full fledge songs for an album? I can't. And all the songs probably start that way obviously, all the songs we know from the albums. Imagine how much work it must have been to make them all like they appear on the albums? It's crazy. So I think LP is crazy talented.

Edited by Geki