"Darker Than Blood" Available Now!

RogueSoul

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will. LPU is better. LPL sucks because it's nothing but nu-metal fans who hate everything else. MTM sucks, OOA sucks, ATS sucks, LT sucks, Recharged sucks, THP sucks, Darker Than Blood sucks, etc. These people aren't true fans if you ask me. You were s fan of the old LP, but it's 2015 now. The ship sailed in 2007.

Dude, seriously? I only know of a couple people here who don't like LP at all post-Meteora. For you to say that the site is filled with those type of fans is crazy to me. LPL doesn't suck either. I love this community, and I think it's great to be able to come here and discuss my favorite band of all time. I appreciate the effort everyone puts in here.

I know you once said you are confrontational on purpose, but there's a line between debating something, and just being intentionally unreasonable and inappropriate.

There was one song Mark said was garbage. You love the song, so you naturally disagree. It's not as if you've never spoken out against the bands' work before though. You originally hated ATS if I remember correctly, so I'm not sure why you took it personally this time. Linkin Park ventures out into so many different styles that naturally some people will dislike a few songs. It's not that big of a deal.

I always dream about something new hybrid styles by LP , and always wanted to hear some trance with LP and finally we've got it.
New collaboration with Steve Aoki. Thank you Steve for the invitation.

I'm understand. This is not the real trance pure or progressive . but nevertheless.

I hope to hear this track in A State of Trance with Armin Van Buuren. ;)

I will. LPU is better. LPL sucks because it's nothing but nu-metal fans who hate everything else. MTM sucks, OOA sucks, ATS sucks, LT sucks, Recharged sucks, THP sucks, Darker Than Blood sucks, etc. These people aren't true fans if you ask me. You were s fan of the old LP, but it's 2015 now. The ship sailed in 2007.

Dude LPL is far better than many other LP forums including LPA.

And besides all the hates for LT, i find some really loyal LT fans in this site.

Geki seriously? Get over yourself. I said "but that's just my opinion." I am the exact same as any fan, I don't magically love and worship every single thing LP does in their career. Except you, you're pretty much the only person that I've ever seen do that. Are they a great band? Yes. Do I love seeing them live? Yes. Do they do stuff that I hate? Of course. I don't pretend LP is some magical god-like band that the ground they walk on must be worshipped. Did dropping Reading My Eyes in 2008 make me disappointed? Sure. Do I like ALTNC and this song? Hell no. But I love songs like Valentine's Day, etc that a lot of fans dislike. It's an OPINION. LP makes music for all of us. I wouldn't keep doing LPLive if LP didn't interest me any longer - that's no secret.

You keep bringing up nu-metal. Seriously, shut up about it. No one has discussed that since like, 2008. "Music is fucking subjective. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that someone as doesn't." Yes, exactly. Now go back and read what I originally posted. Don't be an idiot.

bvdbzv.jpg

That meme is spot on. Anyways was not a fan of ALTNC so not sure if I should bother listening to this one. And for the record no, I'm not one of those nu metal fans who wishes that LP will release another HT/Meteora part 2. I appreciate every album LP has made so far so please don't judge or jump to conclusions just because some fans don't like a particular single released.

Edited by Jozzie

I've been following this site since ats era and I found it easily one of the best linkin park fansites around and I still remember that lpl is one of the few places among the fan base that stood by Lp during that era , actually this is the one of the few sites that gave the hunting party overwhelmingly positive reviews upon its release , you wanna experience some lp haters out there ? Go check out blabber mouth or metal injection or even official lp Facebook page ..lp is not universally loved band ,they have a ton of haters and that's natural because it's impossible for nu metal fans to accept heavy electronically influenced stuff and the other way around ..

Meh. What Chester and Mike add to the song is fine with me. Everything else about this track is extremely forgettable. I've tried several times to get into Aoki's stuff and I've pretty much come to the conclusion that he's a great guy who puts on good shows and is smart at marketing himself...but he's just not particularly good at the kind of music that he makes. Pretty much any of the other "big-name" artists in the house/EDM style and all its subgenres (Avicii, Diplo, Skrillex, Zedd, etc.) do it better than Aoki. This song is basically one semi-interesting musical motif that SHOULD be about a 30 second portion of a bigger piece of music, that's somehow been drawn out to over 5 minutes in length. There isn't anything inherently BAD about what's in the song, it's just that what's there has no business lasting for as long as it does. The song really goes nowhere. ALTNC was way better.

...Now watch Geki accuse me of only liking Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Must be true, I'm on LPL right?

Meh. What Chester and Mike add to the song is fine with me. Everything else about this track is extremely forgettable... This song is basically one semi-interesting musical motif that SHOULD be about a 30 second portion of a bigger piece of music, that's somehow been drawn out to over 5 minutes in length. There isn't anything inherently BAD about what's in the song, it's just that what's there has no business lasting for as long as it does. The song really goes nowhere.

That's what I was thinking about the hook/chorus. It relies too heavily on it and it isn't a fantastic synth melody or chorus delivery to justify 5 minutes.

I am really into electronic music and I like the Aoki stuff (I love Neon Future 1) but this song is one of the weakest both artists put out in a while. Astats words are spot on. It seems like they had this small idea that they stretched into 4 minutes without any love for variation or details. That the song was in work for such a long time and they hype they made about this song makes it even worse. The song has absolutely no highlights, just 4 minutes of the same boringness all over again. The best part about the song is the last chorus with more Chester in it but it's not worth to go through all of the song for the last 30 seconds (and them again, still nothing breathtaking).

I don't hate the track, but after a couple of listens wish it was more developed. I loved ALTNC since the first time I heard it, but DTB seems to just kind of drag on without much happening, kind of like a demo or remix. For better or worse, I wouldn't mind if LP/Aoki teamed up for an EP of original songs at some point.

Meh. What Chester and Mike add to the song is fine with me. Everything else about this track is extremely forgettable. I've tried several times to get into Aoki's stuff and I've pretty much come to the conclusion that he's a great guy who puts on good shows and is smart at marketing himself...but he's just not particularly good at the kind of music that he makes. Pretty much any of the other "big-name" artists in the house/EDM style and all its subgenres (Avicii, Diplo, Skrillex, Zedd, etc.) do it better than Aoki. This song is basically one semi-interesting musical motif that SHOULD be about a 30 second portion of a bigger piece of music, that's somehow been drawn out to over 5 minutes in length. There isn't anything inherently BAD about what's in the song, it's just that what's there has no business lasting for as long as it does. The song really goes nowhere. ALTNC was way better.

...Now watch Geki accuse me of only liking Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Must be true, I'm on LPL right?

Thanks for saving me some time typing! I agree with this.

There's a reason Aoki isn't big in Europe.

Oh and Geki making generalised opinions on rather a lot of people? To quote him previously "you don't know me, or what I've been through in life."

Fyi I like 95% of what LP does (I don't think in the future I'll really count this song as something LP did)

The way I view the track is that despite you guys saying its forgettable, that's probably the opposite for the Aoki/EDM fan base. You can easily view both ends of the spectrum by reading comments from Aoki's followers on fb and Linkin Park's followers comment on the song. One side being very positive and the other just complete bitching. This song was never intended to be aimed at us, its simply something done for fun for raves and festivals. If you're disappointed by the song, that's fine, but its NOT a Linkin Park song.

This song was never intended to be aimed at us, its simply something done for fun for raves and festivals.

exactly. this is about target audiences.

"we" aren't the target audience, it may not be to everyone's taste on this site but that's absolutely fine.

this sort of bitch fight doesn't need to happen every time people disagree on a track.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...