"Darker Than Blood" Available Now!

RogueSoul

Really? Try do it by yourself. I wanna hear it.

You can get a usual DAP software, arange some samples and record some autotuned vocals. Not a big thing. Sadly, I don't have a big name so no one would care...

And just to make it clear: I can't create a Meteora or LT or HT but a generic dance track like this should not be too challenging. Waste of time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get a usual DAP software, arange some samples and record some autotuned vocals. Not a big thing. Sadly, I don't have a big name so no one would care...

And just to make it clear: I can't create a Meteora or LT or HT but a generic dance track like this should not be too challenging. Waste of time.

Well, if you think you can do better than that, why not? Doesnt matter if you don't have big name or not. Prove it, dont just talk.

I like the song and i also love ALTNC. Plus i love all the lp albums for different reasons i love the fact lp do something different each album keeps it fresh. yes i love hybrid theory to bits but if the band kept doing that same sound they would have split up,they said that themselfs. I want lp to keep doing different stuff like this i love it. Yes people have the right to there own option on the song,but calling it garbage is just childish just cause you don't like the song doesn't mean the song is garbage.you don't like it fine that's your option but it is not garbage it's just not your jam.

I like the song and i also love ALTNC. Plus i love all the lp albums for different reasons i love the fact lp do something different each album keeps it fresh. yes i love hybrid theory to bits but if the band kept doing that same sound they would have split up,they said that themselfs. I want lp to keep doing different stuff like this i love it. Yes people have the right to there own option on the song,but calling it garbage is just childish just cause you don't like the song doesn't mean the song is garbage.you don't like it fine that's your option but it is not garbage it's just not your jam.

Pretty much agree with this.And the song is a very good Dance song.

It's so fucking frustrating to have been a fan of Linkin Park for such a long time and read these comments. Not just in this thread about this particular song, but in almost every thread with new music in it.

Linkin Park tried so hard to break out of the nu-metal stigma in 2007 and they did. But somehow, they've still managed to keep these fans who only accept the first few albums and consider everything else to be shit. 8 years later and you still read these comments.

I personally get extremely offended when I go on a website that is supposed to be a ''fan-site'' and have to read comments by the creator of the site that this is ''downright garbage'' just because he doesn't like it. Music is fucking subjective. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that someone as doesn't.

I happen to really enjoy this song. Mike and Chester did a great job and I enjoy both of the collaborations they have done with Steve Aoki. I wish they would do more with Steve, to be honest.

Linkin Park is a band that isn't afraid to take chances and expand themselves and I love that about them. I just don't love the fact that there are still these type of people that are fans of the band. If you don't like it, that's fine. But you don't need to say that it's ''downright garbage'' just because it's not something that you personally enjoy. It just seems weird to see someone who is the creator of a fan-site for Linkin Park saying that.

Geki seriously? Get over yourself. I said "but that's just my opinion." I am the exact same as any fan, I don't magically love and worship every single thing LP does in their career. Except you, you're pretty much the only person that I've ever seen do that. Are they a great band? Yes. Do I love seeing them live? Yes. Do they do stuff that I hate? Of course. I don't pretend LP is some magical god-like band that the ground they walk on must be worshipped. Did dropping Reading My Eyes in 2008 make me disappointed? Sure. Do I like ALTNC and this song? Hell no. But I love songs like Valentine's Day, etc that a lot of fans dislike. It's an OPINION. LP makes music for all of us. I wouldn't keep doing LPLive if LP didn't interest me any longer - that's no secret.

You keep bringing up nu-metal. Seriously, shut up about it. No one has discussed that since like, 2008. "Music is fucking subjective. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that someone as doesn't." Yes, exactly. Now go back and read what I originally posted. Don't be an idiot.

Yes people have the right to there own option on the song,but calling it garbage is just childish just cause you don't like the song doesn't mean the song is garbage.you don't like it fine that's your option but it is not garbage it's just not your jam.

bvdbzv.jpg

Thanks Linkin Park for being a band that can adapt to any fucking genre, that's why I fucking love this band they can do whatever they want, thanks to LP i'm in love with a lot of genres.

This!

DTB is amazing, Much better than ALTNC.

I love these drops and last chorus. The last chorus is incredible!

It's funny because everyone think that I like only heavy genres of music.

Edited by xTirea

After two listens,

The Good: vocals are great with Mike and Chester. Chorus is really good and gets better each time. I don't like EDM but I like the instrumental and it would be good to listen to as study music. Lyrics are solid, especially since it was written after LT which had average lyrics. Chester does a good job.

The Bad: This is Steve Aoki featuring Mike and Chester. It seems like the other four guys had even less input than on ALTNC. At over 5 minutes (longer than half of LP's discography), they missed opportunities to spice it up with any different instrumentation. It gets too repetitive. Not sure about the bridge because it makes me think of Skrillex. I don't know if we'll ever get to see this live outside of Steve's set unless Mike and Chester make an appearance, the rest of the band probably won't have interest in playing it.

It's probably better than ALTNC. That's all.

Reading these posts going on about people hating on the song makes me just...

-_-

People can express their opinion on the music, no matter how much you hate that opinion. They're entitled to it just as much as you are. They registered for LPL just like you did and are users here just like you, with the same entitlement to post their opinion, however extreme it is.

Just because we're on a Linkin Park fansite doesn't mean everything is rainbows everywhere, shitting sprinkles, cupcakes everywhere, orgasming over anything LP is involved with. You can't expect people to just not post negative opinions. There's no use flipping out just because someone doesn't like something made with the band they claim to be a fan of. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to accept every single thing a band does.

In a nutshell: get over it, some people think the song is trash. It's not like it makes it an objective reality, so calm down. You people just love to bash each other for musical tastes. Some people just don't like certain things. That doesn't mean that they WANTZ NU METALZ LOL. The sooner you learn to accept/ignore the opinions, the better off and happier you'll be.

I personally think the song is a throwaway too. You know what my favorite album is? A Thousand Suns. Favorite song? When They Come for Me. Last time I checked, not nu metal.

Edited by Captain-EO

Pretty good song IMO, I love it. What I love the most is the LP thing about this, I mean vocals, the melody, the sound itself and the dark vibe. But there was some things that I kind of disliked, like the kind of drop (the instrumental part, that kind of seems to be chorus), the autotune put on the vocals in the bridge and the ending seems kind of meaningless (I mean 4:57 and on) . The song is 5 minutes long, but it feels like it is much shorter, in addition it is pretty repetitive. I expected LP members except Mike and Chester, to participate on the song at all. On ALTNC they at least had something to say, like "it's ok, I like it", I wouldn't be surprised if they would hear the song for the first time today, and then they would be surprised that their band participated in a new song.

I think like 90% of the people here don't understand what I was saying. Of coarse you are entitled to your own opinion, just like everyone else is. But you don't need to say it's ''garbage'' because it's not your thing. Say you don't like it and be done with it.

That's the point. I understand what you're saying. And you're expecting only positive or critiquing opinions. Hahninator honestly thinks the song is trash. You're going to attack him for that? Like I said, he has the right to post whatever opinion he likes, even if you don't like it. Maybe I don't like your praise of the song, but I'm not going to rant about that. Because it's stupid to tell someone they can't speak their opinion just because it's not fluttery feel-good praise or constructive. You're contradicting yourself at this point, saying we're entitled to our opinions and then adding that it's only if you like it and isn't excessively negative.

That's the point. I understand what you're saying. And you're expecting only positive or critiquing opinions. Hahninator honestly thinks the song is trash. You're going to attack him for that? Like I said, he has the right to post whatever opinion he likes, even if you don't like it. Maybe I don't like your praise of the song, but I'm not going to rant about that. Because it's stupid to tell someone they can't speak their opinion just because it's not fluttery feel-good praise or constructive. You're contradicting yourself at this point, saying we're entitled to our opinions and then adding that it's only if you like it and isn't excessively negative.

There are other words to describe your dissatisfaction.

It's so fucking frustrating to have been a fan of Linkin Park for such a long time and read these comments. Not just in this thread about this particular song, but in almost every thread with new music in it.

Linkin Park tried so hard to break out of the nu-metal stigma in 2007 and they did. But somehow, they've still managed to keep these fans who only accept the first few albums and consider everything else to be shit. 8 years later and you still read these comments.

I personally get extremely offended when I go on a website that is supposed to be a ''fan-site'' and have to read comments by the creator of the site that this is ''downright garbage'' just because he doesn't like it. Music is fucking subjective. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that someone as doesn't.

I happen to really enjoy this song. Mike and Chester did a great job and I enjoy both of the collaborations they have done with Steve Aoki. I wish they would do more with Steve, to be honest.

Linkin Park is a band that isn't afraid to take chances and expand themselves and I love that about them. I just don't love the fact that there are still these type of people that are fans of the band. If you don't like it, that's fine. But you don't need to say that it's ''downright garbage'' just because it's not something that you personally enjoy. It just seems weird to see someone who is the creator of a fan-site for Linkin Park saying that.

I don't understand why do you have butthurt when people don't like that you like. If someone is an LP fan that doesn't mean they all have to suck in everything that LP made. :D

Edited by LPMaskMan

This is the internet. We have the rights to say whatever the fuck we want (I mean, except certain things). Do we really have to continue this stupid argument because someone really hates this song? You want to hear nothing but praise? Go to the LPU forums.

This is the internet. We have the rights to say whatever the fuck we want (I mean, except certain things). Do we really have to continue this stupid argument because someone really hates this song? You want to hear nothing but praise? Go to the LPU forums.

I will. LPU is better. LPL sucks because it's nothing but nu-metal fans who hate everything else. MTM sucks, OOA sucks, ATS sucks, LT sucks, Recharged sucks, THP sucks, Darker Than Blood sucks, etc. These people aren't true fans if you ask me. You were s fan of the old LP, but it's 2015 now. The ship sailed in 2007.

I will. LPU is better. LPL sucks because it's nothing but nu-metal fans who hate everything else. MTM sucks, OOA sucks, ATS sucks, LT sucks, Recharged sucks, THP sucks, Darker Than Blood sucks, etc. These people aren't true fans if you ask me. You were s fan of the old LP, but it's 2015 now. The ship sailed in 2007.

Stereotype us all you want. Michael Jackson is the new nu metal.

Once again Geki - the one who claims that he don't give a fuck about other people opinions - turned an entire thread about a new song to a discussion about opinions (and almost nu-metal!).

And you know what? Most of the hundreds times you did it in the past it's bothered me, but this time I realized something: If you can do this so many times, with the same regularly subjects, and (not all of them but almost) the same people following every unrelated stuff you're just throwing into the conversation - you're a genious.

And no, I'm not even 1% sarcastic, it's just amazing how you're doing it everytime and people still care. You're a genious.