2014.08.12 - Charlotte, NC, PNC Music Pavilion

RogueSoul

After a short two-day break, the Carnivores Tour is back on the road! Linkin Park, Thirty Seconds To Mars, and AFI are heading to Charlotte, North Carolina for the third stop on the tour. Linkin Park is no stranger to the city, as this is their 6th time performing here! Previously they've performed in Charlotte in 2001 twice (1, 2), 2004, 2007, and 2008. Since the band hasn't performed there since 2008 (during which they were touring in support of their third album, Minutes To Midnight), NC fans are finally going to get a taste of songs from A Thousand Suns, Living Things, and, of course, The Hunting Party. As far as the venue goes, the band has been performing there ever since their first show here in 2001, though the venue underwent a name change from the "Verizon Wireless Amphitheater" to the "PNC Music Pavilion".

Previously, on the last show in Tampa on the 9th, the band performed the full version of Set A for the first time in public, after rehearsing it during the Private Production Rehearsal on the 6th and performing an abridged version of it on the 8th in West Palm Beach, due to time constraints. The set features fan favorites such as 'Papercut' and 'Points Of Authority', new tracks from The Hunting Party such as 'Final Masquerade' and 'Wastelands', and the big hits that everyone's familiar with, like 'Numb' and 'In The End'. Something interesting to note is that when Mike was rapping the first verse of 'Wastelands' over the transition outro of 'Runaway', he changed up some lines on it. Where those lines come from or what they are is a mystery to us. Here's what we've currently transcribed from his rap, where do you think it's from? You can hear him change it up at around the 5:00 marker in this video. You can also check out an epic performance of 'Rebellion' and 'Runaway', too.

On the other side of the Carnivores Tour, AFI and Thirty Seconds To Mars are still killing it! Earlier in the day, 30STM did a soundcheck, presumably to test some gear out (there were a bunch of sound and gear issues at the previous show, so they were most likely addressing those), playing 'Amazing Grace', 'City Of Angels', 'Do Or Die', and 'Up In The Air'. As a result of the soundcheck, the doors were opened 30 minutes late, and all performances/events were pushed back 30 minutes, though delays were caused. AFI's set consisted of eight songs, which is one shorter than the previous night. They changed it up by closing with 'Beautiful Thieves' instead of 'Miss Murder', and dropping 'Love Like Winter'. Thirty Seconds To Mars also changed up their set (it's a miracle!) by opening up with the combo of 'Carmina Burana: O Fortuna' and 'Up In The Air', and closing their set with 'Closer To The Edge'. Looks like Linkin Park are the only ones who need to keep up with their setlists!

Luckily for us, this show may be the one where they do change their setlists. During the meet and greet and Tampa, the band confirmed they will be playing multiple different setlists on the tour. Usually, the band prepares three alternate setlists for the tour. For example, on the Honda Civic Tour, the band used three different setlists: Set A, Set B, and Set C. It's been confirmed that at Tampa (and West Palm Beach, though it was abridged), the band performed US Set A, meaning what Set B and/or Set C are is still a mystery, since we literally know nothing about the other setlists. Get ready for some surprises! The band still hasn't performed songs such as 'A Place For My Head', 'By Myself', and 'A Light That Never Comes' that they performed previously on the tour. At the beginning of the tour, the band likes to perform each set twice before moving to the next set (On the Honda Civic Tour, the band did their rotation like this: CCAABB). Will the band perform a different set, or will they play Set A again so they've played it in full twice? We'll find out!

So, who's heading into the show? If you are, stop by the Music For Relief booth to say hi to the LPLive Crew! Check out Thirty Seconds To Mars and AFI too, they all deliver amazing performances! Check back here or follow us on Twitter for updates on the show!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

Show Page Notes

Date: August 12, 2014
Venue: PNC Music Pavilion
Tour: Carnivores Tour
Other Bands: 30 Seconds To Mars, AFI
Show #: 3 of 25

SETLIST:

1. Mashup Intro #2 (w/ Session, 1stp Klosr, The Requiem, The Summoning, The Catalyst, Guilty All The Same)

2. Guilty All The Same

3. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

4. With You

5. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

6. Blackout (Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)

7. Papercut (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus))

8. Rebellion (Ext. Intro)

9. Runaway (Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)

10. Wastelands

11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. Robot Boy (Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only))

14. Joe Solo Medley (w/ Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)

15. Numb (Numb/Encore False Start/Outro)

16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

17. Final Masquerade

18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name Chorus + Verse 1; Ext. Outro Transition)

19. Lying From You (Dirt Off You Shoulders Intro/Bridge/Outro)

20. Somewhere I Belong

21. In The End

22. Faint (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

23. Burn It Down (Shortened (No Second Verse and Second Chorus))

24. Lost In The Echo (Shortened (Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge))

25. New Divide (Shortened (No Second Verse and Second Chorus); Transition Outro)

26. Until It's Gone (Ext. Intro w/ With You Verse 1; Shortened)

27. What I've Done (Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Show Notes:

- This is the first time the full version of 'With You' was played on The Hunting Party Tour, besides the Download Festival performance. Brad came in very late on the intro.

- The intro sample for 'Rebellion' was doubled. Brad messed up the intro.

- On the transition outro of 'Runaway', Mike rapped verse one of 'Wastelands'. Chester sang the first line of the bridge over the outro transition. Chester went into the crowd at the end of 'Wastelands'.

- 'Castle Of Glass' (labeled the "Experience Version") was performed as a mashup of the album version with Mike's Recharged remix. Only the intro/first verse came from the album version before it went into the remix portion of the song.

- Joe's solo portion of the show featured parts of 'Wretches And Kings', the 'Victimized' M. Shinoda remix from Recharged, 'Session', 'Buy Myself' (Marilyn Manson Remix), 'Cure For the Itch', and 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' from Reanimation.

- The intro to 'Numb' was messed up: Joe started playing the beginning of 'Numb/Encore', but that was aborted. An explosion sample was triggered and the band went into the studio intro of 'Numb', which is the first time they've done so on The Hunting Party Tour. The 'Numb/Encore' outro was still played.
- Mike missed the first line of 'Until It Breaks' on the intro of 'Waiting For The End'.

- Mike's solo portion of the show featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and verse 2 of 'Remember The Name'. The instrumental of the medley incorporated part of 'Wretches And Kings', part of the 'Skin To Bone' remix, part of 'Remember The Name', and part of 'In My Remains'.

- 'Lying From You' and 'Somewhere I Belong' were performed for the first time on The Hunting Party Tour. 'Lying From You' featured a new intro, bridge, and outro featuring the Jay-Z song, 'Dirt Off Your Shoulders'.
- Chester went into the crowd during the bridge of 'Faint'.

- 'Burn It Down' was shortened. It was played without it's second verse and second chorus.

- Mike rapped the first verse of 'With You' over the extended intro of 'Until It's Gone'. According to the setlist, he was supposed to rap 'Points Of Authority' instead.
- A shortened version of 'Until It's Gone' was played. The song was shortened by the band playing the first half of the first verse and the second half of the second verse, skipping the first chorus.

- During the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', Rob performed a drum solo before the band sang a refrain from 'The Catalyst'.

Debuts:

- A new setlist debuted at this show. It featured multiple changes, mainly adding a new version of 'Lying From You' after Mike's Solo Medley and 'Somewhere I Belong'. The band opened the encore with a shortened version of 'Burn It Down'. The full version of 'With You' was played instead of 'Points Of Authority'. The main set was also switched around a bit.

Other Notes:

- The forecast for the day was predicted to be pouring rain all day. Luckily, between AFI's and 30 Seconds To Mars' sets, the rain stopped and clouds went away!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping for "With You" and "A place for my head" but will be happy with the same one also! First LP concert after being a fan since HT, going to lose my fucking voice for sure. Section 1, 10 rows back!!!!!!!!!!! So amped for this, holy fuck

Can't wait!

What about Set Z? I can't seem to find it anywhere! I heard it's the band's best setlist. Any links or something?

i hope for another setlist but i dont think that they will play another THP songs.... but if they dont play another songs from HT it would be ashame to "learn" them again only for one concert!! ;)

That's true. I hope for Forgotten, By Myself and PMA. All the hardcore fans will go crazy!

Can't wait!

What about Set Z? I can't seem to find it anywhere! I heard it's the band's best setlist. Any links or something?

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2008/20080610

Beware, you might explode.

Your pre-show posts are great. It tooks a few sentences to realize that it's not Mark writing. I like the other bands part, it has an added value especially for the ones who are going to the show.

Thanks man :) I've always wanted to do this stuff so now that it's my (temporary) job, I'm doing it as best I can.

Fuck yeah, hometown show for me. I will be drinking and jamming all day long. I'm not working the Music for Relief booth for this show but I'll definitely hang around there for a good bit tomorrow regardless. Hope we get to see a brand new setlist at this show but I won't get my hopes too high. Let's party!

Am I the only one who doesn't believe that 30 Seconds To Mars have been putting on a good show?

I seem to be the only person who thinks AFI sucks live (I've had that opinion for close to 10 years too - I remember MTV showing a 30-minute edited version of one of their Sing the Sorrow shows - they were AWFUL), so no worries. This is a tour of 3 bands who are all exceptionally better in the studio than they are live, although LP does a significantly better job live than the other 2.

I seem to be the only person who thinks AFI sucks live (I've had that opinion for close to 10 years too - I remember MTV showing a 30-minute edited version of one of their Sing the Sorrow shows - they were AWFUL), so no worries. This is a tour of 3 bands who are all exceptionally better in the studio than they are live, although LP does a significantly better job live than the other 2.

I saw AFI in 2009 and I thought they kind of sucked live as well. Not just saying this. I like some of their studio stuff, but for some reason, I feel like they don't pull it off as well live. Davey has this weird thing he has been doing with his voice lately, where he makes some sort of shriek sound after each word, a lot of people have been picking up on it and commenting on it. There are definitely worse bands out there that LP could have picked for support acts, so it's all good, in my book. On the flip side, though, I wish the US got Of Mice & Men as a support act, I love them.

The majority of the 30STM videos that I have seen of them live have been proshots or TV broadcasts, so they must have been edited to make it seem better than you all are making them out to be. One thing I do like about their performances, though, is when Jared brings many fans up to the stage to sing on Kings and Queens.

The majority of the 30STM videos that I have seen of them live have been proshots or TV broadcasts, so they must have been edited to make it seem better than you all are making them out to be. One thing I do like about their performances, though, is when Jared brings many fans up to the stage to sing on Kings and Queens.

They do that with Up In The Air now, or whatever song they close with. In Tampa they did it on Closer To The Edge.