2014.08.12 - Charlotte, NC, PNC Music Pavilion

RogueSoul

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The encore is just full of super big hits. They should have added something heavier to it, maybe A Place For My Head. What I've Done is fine in the encore, IMO, as well as Bleed It Out. Lost In The Echo can stay. Get New Divide out of the encore, as well as Burn It Down.

This is the worst encore that i've ever seen. How they make a shortened version of almost ALL songs and they still keep playing Bleed It Out as the last song??? Anybody need say to them that they need a new song to finish their shows and also stop to play shortened versions, please!

This is the worst encore that i've ever seen. How they make a shortened version of almost ALL songs and they still keep playing Bleed It Out as the last song??? Anybody need say to them that they need a new song to finish their shows and also stop to play shortened versions, please!

What the hell is wrong with Bleed It Out? Out of all the songs that in that encore, Bleed It Out is my far the most energetic and most fun song to see live out of all of those. I see no issue with it as a closer for the sets. I'm not trying to argue with you, but how come you don't like it as a closer?

What the hell is wrong with Bleed It Out? Out of all the songs that in that encore, Bleed It Out is my far the most energetic and most fun song to see live out of all of those. I see no issue with it as a closer for the sets. I'm not trying to argue with you, but how come you don't like it as a closer?

Im just tired to see it closing shows. For me, A Line In The Sand would be better closing their shows.

Edited by Biel

The ending itself would be too soft, because it reprises the opening of the track.

I think BIO needs to be cycled out of the show-closer spot, but be kept in the setlist somewhere. Main set closer?

I don't know what would/should replace it at the end, though.

Lying from you sounded amazing. DOYS intro started and our whole group practically shit their pants LOL.

Bio closing is terrible. Replace it with OSC or faint or line in the sand.

Really wish there was a set 3 for this tour with APFMH and something like Don't Stay.

I still believe, BIO is a great closer!

When I was in Wroclaw earlier this year, it was my favourite song in the encore. The Drum Solo was sooo great, and the power was unbelievable. When they let the "lift my up..." part sang the crowd, wow! :)

But you're right, a bit variation would be nice. They close maybe 75% of their shows (since 2010) with this song, the other 25 % with OSC...

I also do not understand why they cut their new single UIG and other songs like LITE (for Carnivores), and extend BIO to 10 mins. or longer

Excited for videos from LFY and SIB :D

Edited by LPngdf

Nice Set B! Really great to see LFY, SIB and With You all making a return. Too bad we didn't get APFMH, though. But, however, this is the kind of set they can change very easily, and occasionally replace songs in it with songs they don't need to rehearse (like APFMH). They really need to change the encore, though. Drop BID from this set, It doesn't need to open an encore. Play full LITE instead or replace it with another song. IMO, New Divide shouldn't be played in the encore too. Other than that, I really like this setlist! I don't think we will get to see Set C in this tour, but I believe they will make some changes to Set A and B as the tour goes on.

just a two question to who's going to the show:

I supposed Somewhere I Belong was the normal studio version since there isn't any note about a different intro, am I right?.

What about Lying From You:

I mean Dirt Off Your Shoulder Intro, Bridge and Outro was instrumental (I think) but was Lying From You played in its enterly (I mean both verses/choruses and bridge)?

Yeah lets get LITE with 2012 intro back in the encore in full. Drop BID. I can't believe they're playing that. And a different setlist has the same opener and closer??? They can't do both with you and points at the same show? Crowd reaction for With You and OSC was 100000x better than it was for GATS and GU. NO ONE knows GATS on this tour and I've seen three shows so I feel like I'm able to say that.

Let's get a set and change the order. Hell lets open with DOYS LFY. Shit is EPIC. Place goes rolling baby I love it.

New set should be like:

Mashup intro

Faint

DOYS LFY

Points of authority

Somewhere I belong

With you

Rebellion

Blackout

Papercut

Runaway in full

Wastelands

Waiting for the end

Final masquerade

Numb encore

Mike solo

In the end

Guilty all the same

------------

Until it's gone (European tour intro)

Lost in the echo (2012 intro)

A place for my head

One step closer

DOYS LFY was a shortened LFY. I think V1, C1, then DOYS bridge aka Joe did something there, then LFY ending into DOYS outro. DOYS intro. Hard to explain. Need a video.

Sib I think was 2008 summer intro. Studio version with that slightly extended intro sample.

I'm not going to post them again, but I did decide to fix up both sets if you're interested.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7&p=228957

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the set as is, I like the main set for this one WAY more than the one for Set A, but I think this set's encore is fucking awful.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! Last night was my first LP concert and it was absolutely incredible, new set list, unbelievable crowd participation, Chester and Mike were LOVING the Charlotte crowd, at one point Chester said on the mic "You guys are getting your own set list", I was like holy shit!! I have uploaded 3 videos so far and some pictures from last night on my instagram if anyone wants to check em out my user name is npcphysique_brian . I have officially become addicted to this band and they have become like a drug to me, I need more and I will be at every show possible from here on out, PIT tickets are next. Proud as fuck to be a soldier, wore my LPU XIII shirt proud, yes i agree the encore could have been better but at least it ended with Bleed it Out.

Got back home from the show. It was awesome. I'm glad I was there for the new setlist debut. Overall the set has some highs and lows. I'll keep saying that the shortened songs idea makes zero sense, and that crap like Joe Solo (yeah, cool effects and stuff but I'd rather have a song there) and the Castle of Glass version they play should be removed. Also, too many singles and the song election/order for the encore can be vastly improved. Other than that, I have to say that I had a lot of fun and that the band played flawlessly, except for a few mistakes by Brad and Joe. DOYS/LFY was a nice surprise. People were loud as hell from beginning to end and Chester was on fire. Man, he's from another planet.

^^^^ Agree with you on everything you said. How great was the crowd? And yeah Chester was on another level last night, they were loving the Charlotte crowd you could tell. Also, is it just me or does it seem like Joe's solo performance i just completely pre recorded for the last like 5 or 6 shows?

I thought it was a great show.. yes, there could be some changes in the set list, but they're not going to please everyone. I stayed pretty pumped throughout the entire show.. until the encore, which was a bit drawn out. For some reason though, I could not get into Rebellion. I love that song, but not live, it just didn't do it for me. Was really surprised at how the crowd reacted with Final Masquerade. I asked Chester in M&G if his back was better, he said not 100% but that he would be more active on stage now. I don't think he pushed the limits though which is good considering we don't need him down for the rest of the tour. I asked Mike the possibility of Qwerty coming back in a set list - he stated that in a mashup it's more of a possibility, but in the future, it's still possible in full and I let him know how much the fans would die to hear it. LPU M&G was rather large, 69 folks I think? I was on the barricade, so I couldn't see much of the crowd.. but I thought they were fairly pumped.. the guys were certainly playing on the crowd's energy, which is great considering the last few concerts I've been to were pretty dead.

Edited by Threewingedfury

I thought it was a great show.. yes, there could be some changes in the set list, but they're not going to please everyone. I stayed pretty pumped throughout the entire show.. until the encore, which was a bit drawn out. For some reason though, I could not get into Rebellion. I love that song, but not live, it just didn't do it for me. Was really surprised at how the crowd reacted with Final Masquerade. I asked Chester in M&G if his back was better, he said not 100% but that he would be more active on stage now. I don't think he pushed the limits though which is good considering we don't need him down for the rest of the tour. I asked Mike the possibility of Qwerty coming back in a set list - he stated that in a mashup it's more of a possibility, but in the future, it's still possible in full and I let him know how much the fans would die to hear it. LPU M&G was rather large, 69 folks I think? I was on the barricade, so I couldn't see much of the crowd.. but I thought they were fairly pumped.. the guys were certainly playing on the crowd's energy, which is great considering the last few concerts I've been to were pretty dead.

If I may ask, how did you attend the M&G and still be at barricade?