2014.08.12 - Charlotte, NC, PNC Music Pavilion

RogueSoul

BIO is great because it's on MTM, and any song on MTM is better than any of the other songs they have written in their discography. I feel like LP will someday drop all the MTM songs, and when that happens, I will no longer attend LP shows.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIO is great because it's on MTM, and any song on MTM is better than any of the other songs they have written in their discography. I feel like LP will someday drop all the MTM songs, and when that happens, I will no longer attend LP shows.

That will never happen, because WID is on MTM.

I couldn't agree more!

Two words: Extended Outro

Or they could eliminate the reprise, or they could slightly restructure the song for live performances.

If they wanted to end with ALITS, they would find a way.

Edited by Justin

I posted a couple of videos.. unfortunately I didn't bring my camera this time around so they were taken from my phone, so quality isn't the best. Give them a bit - they're still processing, and orientation has to be flipped.

http://youtu.be/0EGpRbc1eSM - GATS Opening

http://youtu.be/Ye7dSZbutxg - Final Masquerade

http://youtu.be/UnqZHlRJ_-U - In the End, Mike was in the pit

http://youtu.be/gF_6UdHBqGY- Lying from You / Dirt off your Shoulders - sorry this one is flipped halfway through!

Edited by Threewingedfury

The DOFY/LFY performance is fucking filthy!

I hope there will be better performances in the future!

Here's a revamped Set B with the exact same songs.

Mashup Intro #2

With You

Given Up

GATS

OSC

Blackout/Papercut

Runaway/Wastelands

SIB

Rebellion

COG (Album Version)

Ballad Medley

Robot Boy

Joe Solo

WFTE

Burn It Down

Mike Solo

Numb

ITE

DOYS/LFY

FM

BIeed It Out

------------

LITE (2012 intro)

New Divide

UIG

WID

Faint

(ALITS)

The encore was trouble due to the set itself.

I posted a couple of videos.. unfortunately I didn't bring my camera this time around so they were taken from my phone, so quality isn't the best. Give them a bit - they're still processing, and orientation has to be flipped.

[...]

Remember The Name was freaking awesome!

I really like what they did to Numb (the Numb/Encore verses), but DOYS/LFY sounds like a total mess with those sampled Jay-Z vocals. Mike should have rapped them. Either that or play the regular version of Lying From You.

Thanks for the videos!

I seem to be the only person who thinks AFI sucks live (I've had that opinion for close to 10 years too - I remember MTV showing a 30-minute edited version of one of their Sing the Sorrow shows - they were AWFUL), so no worries. This is a tour of 3 bands who are all exceptionally better in the studio than they are live, although LP does a significantly better job live than the other 2.

Do you consider Paramore to be a good live band?

just curious.

Paramore is not the best live band ever but they put a fun show and so full of energy... some members like Soul, COG and Hahninator can back me up on this.

BTW I want to share this part of a interview...Hayley has a great opinion that many of us would love this to be Mike's words:

DIYMAG: So, do you think it’s important to tailor your live show?

''It’s important to find balance between a big explosive festival type set, with singles and big songs and then also to show your older fans that no matter how high you may make it onto a bill you haven’t forgotten the songs that laid the foundation to where you are now.

LP doesn't really care about what we think, the hardcore fans how many times fans have asked them if they are going to perform any song from the HTEP? some b-sides? and they just don't want to do it.. it won't hurt anyone to hear And One in one of their shows.They really care about the casual fans.. oh crap this is sad.