The Hunting Party Leak + iTunes Stream

hahninator

I wasn't expecting Drawbar to be an instrumental, especially with piano. So what is Tom Morello playing?

The Summoning is just "eh". Nothing special.

Keys To The Kingdom is awesome, but I don't like the vocal effects. Love the heavy screaming!

A Line In The Sand is definitely a surprise. Was expecting something slower. I disagree with it being their best song written.

People who can't make out Tom Morello's playing on Drawbar obviously aren't familiar with some of Tom Morello's guitar tones. That thing accompanying the piano isn't a synth, people.

What's with the weird ending to most songs?

It was established quite a while ago that most of the songs on this record were connected by short interludes. No different than what they've been doing since Meteora with making songs flow together (Don't Stay > Somewhere I Belong, Breaking the Habit > From the Inside, Shadow of the Day > What I've Done, etc.).

I'll be reviewing this, might not get it done tonight though.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really enjoying All For Nothing. The raps flow so much better with the overall song than wastelands, and the chorus is so fun and unique from anything they've done.

All for nothing might be my fave heavy track. FM is my fave track. Mikes opening verse is dope to play in your vehicle and the ending with the shit comments are funny but appropriate to open up GATS, and someone said it already, but GATS fits much better in the album now.... I feel like UIG is the only song that would fit on rescent previous work. I like UIG, but i dont feel like it fits with this album...i also feel like wastelands is awesome and the structure is classic LP, unlike the fucked up structure of most of these other songs on THP, again meaning a good thing being unpredictable....

Forgot to say that WAR would have definitely made the cut on tony hawks pro skater 3!!! LOLOL

The album leaked minutes before I started working. Less than two hours to go before I get a chance to listen to it!

Dude that sucks! It was definitely leaked at a shitty time - early on Monday morning. The good thing is that I can't wait to see what you think of this album. Definitely post your thoughts!

I saw someone mention that they think the first half of the album is the strongest - I disagree. From Rebellion onwards this record is damn near flawless. I feel like KTTK/AFR are a kind of odd pairing to open the album with, KTTK in particular has to be the weirdest opening song they've ever done. It's like a rock version of Until It Breaks. I'm not saying I DISLIKE those songs, but I think the sequencing is a little weird on the front half of the record. The Summoning/War seems like the more "natural" opening pair to me. I probably would have put it together like this:

01. The Summoning
02. War
03. Keys to the Kingdom
04. All for Nothing
05. Guilty All the Same
06. Wastelands
07. Until It's Gone
08. Rebellion
09. Mark the Graves
10. Drawbar
11. Final Masquerade
12. A Line in the Sand

But yeah, tracks 8 through 12 just blew me away. Loved The Summoning/War as well, and I have a new appreciation for GATS hearing it in sequence (the studio banter between Mike and Brad leading into it is just PRICELESS). Least favorite track is Until It's Gone, with Wastelands second from the bottom.

This is going to be hard but I will wait till Friday when the album comes out.

From all the reviews I've read so far, I cannot wait to hear Final Masquerade and A Line In The Sand.

I matters well tell this story to all of you. I'm taking a summer class over at my college in the city (NYC) and I saw in the shout box ppl talking about the album leaking. It was around 9am. So here is the story:

It just so happen that we were in the computer lab, so I'm like fuck it I'm going to find it. It took me about 5mins so I downloaded the album and it was saving to my USB. NOW this is where it gets crazy. The teacher left the room and the class was not quiet, but there was people talking among each other's. Out of nowhere the 1st track starts playing & The volume happen to be on all the way & BOOM. Everyone was like WTF and I started laughing my ass off. So yeah Music is Life :D

This album is fantastic, it's very different from everything they have done in the past, there are some obvious elements but that's just their signature.

I fucking love it this is what I expected MTM to sound like, all the tracks are quality, I love The Final Masquerade... Chester's performance was so amazing!

Drawbar seems like a waste of time, some vocals in that one would make it decent, (In Between 2.0)

Rob is amazing, Brad is awesome in his own way I expected a little bit more from him, Chester and Mike they are doing awesome!

Final Masquerade intro kinda sounds like Papercut, or is it just me?

If I had to rank the songs…

1) Final Masquerade

2) A Line In The Sand

3) Mark The Graves (ALITS and MTG are still REALLY close)

4) War

5) Rebellion

6) Keys To The Kingdom

7) Until It's Gone

8) All For Nothing

9) The Summoning

10) Guilty All The Same

11) Drawbar

12) Wastelands

Just finishing my first run through the whole album. There was several points throughout that I almost didn't believe it was LP performing. So awesome to hear them trying new things, but also sticking to what they are good at. The interludes were an unexpected surprise, as well as the fact that there really wasnt a "slow/soft" song on the album (not counting The Summoning). My only critism is how familiar ALITS sounds like GATS. I would be surprised if we go through this touring cycle without seeing all of these songs performed live. Cant wait to see them live. Chester and Mike sound as good as ever!

Honestly though, Chester does a good majority of the vocals on this album anyways. He sings basically every chorus and there are more songs that he sings the entire song on than there was with LT. He sings all of GATS except for Rakim's part, he sings all of War, he sings all of Until It's Gone, and he sings all of Final Masquerade. He also sings basically every chorus for each song. Mike needs to do some vocals, too. I love Mike's vocals on this album.

yeah you are right though, I think I just needed to get used to it. SinceMike is more prominent this record and even hold himself together on the heavier sons

I said I wasn't going to listen and I think I'm going to cave in and give it one listen before I buy the physical CD. I'll put a review up when I'm done. Blame Astat for convincing me to listen to it :P

I really want to read your review, would be intersting!