The Hunting Party Leak + iTunes Stream

hahninator

Do you know why people don't like Nickelback? Every album sounds the same. If LP made 6 Hybrid Theory albums, people would criticize them for lack of creativity. I couldn't imagine hearing a radio station say they are an "Linkin Park free" station. The Hunting Party is their attempt to change things up with still holding part of them together.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review, Astat. Definitely enjoyed it. Thank goodness there are people out there who agree with me that All For Nothing's chorus is a weak spot on the album.

I just don't see why it was needed to have Page on the song when Mike still sings on the chorus and honestly it can of just sounds like Mike singing. Page does not show his true vocals in the song all that much. Kind of similar to Tom Morello on Drawbar, I don't think they actually needed to have those guests but it's still cool, I guess.

I just don't see why it was needed to have Page on the song when Mike still sings on the chorus and honestly it can of just sounds like Mike singing. Page does not show his true vocals in the song all that much. Kind of similar to Tom Morello on Drawbar, I don't think they actually needed to have those guests but it's still cool, I guess.

I definitely see why it was needed to have Page on the song because the song is directly influenced by his band and LP wanted him on it, I just think that the end product wasn't as good as it should have been.

Just because you don't hear them directly doesn't mean they didn't had any other impact on the songs.

Am I the only one who really likes Until It's Gone? I don't care that it has repetitive lyrics and short verses. It's a great song!

Nope, you aren't the only one :) When you listen to the song in the album, then it's so atmospheric, and it gives me goosebumps. But I don't feel this song to be especially good among the others, when it's not on the album.

The album could be better had there been lyrics to the bridge of the songs. The bridges are all instrumental except Rebellion, or there is no bridge.

This isn't anything new, but I don't care for the song structure starting from MTM. First chorus is slow, and final chorus is heaviest.

@astat

why is "Until It's Gone" on the album? what's the story behind that?

Putting it on the album was an afterthought, the band probably assumed that Michael Bay would pick their song to be the movie's "main track" given their past relationship, and he threw them for a loop when he picked Imagine Dragons' submission instead. Remember that article from about 7-8 months ago where someone was hanging around the studio where LP was recording and mentioned them "mixing a song for a movie soundtrack?" That was Until It's Gone. I know the song title was on the tracking board in the THP teaser video, but that was shot so late in the process that the decision not to have it on Transformers 4 would have been made by then.

So yeah, that's a big part of why UIG bugs me so much. They basically shoehorned a song that was recorded for an entirely different project into the tracklisting of their album that was recorded with a completely different mindset...and it shows. Outside of Final Masquerade (which is an infinitely better song), UIG has very little in common with anything else on the album.

I was driving home with my mom a few weeks ago. I turn on SiriusXM Octane. Mike was playing all of The Hunting Party in order, and talking about each song before playing it. When Drawbar was on, my mom said "this music will put you to sleep". I couldn't help but laugh.

I was driving home with my mom a few weeks ago. I turn on SiriusXM Octane. Mike was playing all of The Hunting Party in order, and talking about each song before playing it. When Drawbar was on, my mom said "this music will put you to sleep". I couldn't help but laugh.

there's any way to get a recording of this (at least Mike talking)?

I was curious to hear what Mike said

thanks for that :)

yeah thanks southpaw818

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

there's any way to get a recording of this (at least Mike talking)?

I was curious to hear what Mike said

I have no idea. I turned it on when Until It's Gone was on, so I missed almost half. It was pretty interesting, but most was stuff we've already heard. It showed on the radio that it was supposed to replay the next day at a certain time, but never did.

He did say about A Line In The Sand that the intro part was written during ATS (You probably already know that). He felt like this song should be a refresher of the album (My guess to why the chorus sounds similar to GATS). Every band member is at their best.

It's interesting that UIG was also at the very top of the ''demo board'', almost like it was not meant to be included with the other batch of songs that all had working titles. We even found out the demo title for GATS, it was ''Blinky'' or ''Binky''. I wonder if the song in THP extended trailer that we heard that never made the cut was supposed to be in the place of UIG originally. It kind of bugs me as well that it was intended to be for Transformers, yet Bay chose the Imagine Dragons song instead. It does feel very different from the rest of the album, sonically, and lyrically it could have fit very well with the storyline of Transformers 4, IMO. Mike also built the song around the idea of working to a drop, something he learned with Steve Aoki, very interesting?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't care much for All For Nothing. Mike's rapping sounds too rushed, and Chester's chorus rhymes are pretty cheesy. Mike singing the chorus would have been better without layered over Paige's vocals.

When I first heard KTTK on the leak day, I was thinking "is this real?". The robotic intro vocals made me feel it was fake.

I don't care much for All For Nothing. Mike's rapping sounds too rushed, and Chester's chorus rhymes are pretty cheesy.

I think you meant Mike's rapping sounds pretty cheesy and Chester's chorus part is awesome, because Chester's chorus part is the only part of the song that I even like. It gives it a punk vibe, similar to the style of Sum 41, like Derek from LPA had mentioned in his reviews.

I think you meant Mike's rapping sounds pretty cheesy and Chester's chorus part is awesome, because Chester's chorus part is the only part of the song that I even like. It gives it a punk vibe, similar to the style of Sum 41, like Derek from LPA had mentioned in his reviews.

No, I meant what I said.

I like how after the quiet of bridge to Until It's Gone, the chorus feels like a punch to the face.

Edited by Southpaw818

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...