The Hunting Party Leak + iTunes Stream

hahninator

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my least favorite release based on the purchase process alone. Pre-ordered on iTunes so it would download to my phone automatically at midnight last night. Guess what? Still won't download. Added bonus: I don't get the Hybrid Theory set. This is too much hassle for a mediocre album. I like the new songs mixed into the live show, though. It helps freshen it up alot and all the "Hunting Party" tracks sound great live.

This is my least favorite release based on the purchase process alone. Pre-ordered on iTunes so it would download to my phone automatically at midnight last night. Guess what? Still won't download. Added bonus: I don't get the Hybrid Theory set. This is too much hassle for a mediocre album. I like the new songs mixed into the live show, though. It helps freshen it up alot and all the "Hunting Party" tracks sound great live.

Always order through LP, iTunes is a joke. It's not LP's fault that iTunes sucks. You could have got the digital album + HT live digital album through LP.com for almost the same price.

Try downloading it manually from iTunes on your computer. That's how I got my iTunes copy of the album. Then, you can transfer the files to your phone.

I'd only buy the "tribute" idea if this could be considered a concept album in any manner, which it is not. Instead it just comes across as lazy, especially with the Victimized riff in the exact same line.

I'd only buy the "tribute" idea if this could be considered a concept album in any manner, which it is not. Instead it just comes across as lazy, especially with the Victimized riff in the exact same line.

I disagree with you 100%.

I totally agree. The whole tribut thing ("Blackout" and "VICTIMIZED") makes absolutely no sense. I could see it for GATS as a kind of theme on the album, but aside from that it's really out of place to do it with absolutely no reason. Coming across as the revolutionary rock radio reformists and recycling old stuff? Nah!

Edited by Trumtram

i got the same feel on my first listen and it's still apparent to me. it might be a different key, but the way it is sung is almost the same. even the musical portion resembles "blackout". but this is just a minor thing for me. the biggest issue i have is the "VICTIMIZED" part in ALITS and that one can't be denied, not even by geki. everyone can decide for themselves what they make out of it. i still find it fascinating that they more or less copied that part as their breakout on ALITS. it's still my second fav on the album, though, and is touching GATS' top spot.

Edited by Trumtram

i got the same feel on my first listen and it's still apparent to me. but this is just a minor thing. the biggest issue i have is the "VICTIMIZED" part in ALITS and that one can't be denied, not even by geki. everyone can decide for themselves what they make out of it. i still find it fascinating that they more or less copied that part as their breakout on ALITS. it's still my second fav on the album, though, and is touching GATS' top spot.

Technically speaking, that part of the ALITS riff is still different from Victimized. Same strumming pattern centered around a D, but Victimized is mostly single D notes with a D octave at the end, while ALITS bounces back and forth between an open D5 chord and a D octave. Victimized also has a shitload of effects on the guitar, if you strip those away it doesn't sound quite as similar. Plus there's a different turnaround at the end of each riff, it's only the first part that's mostly the same.

Nowhere near as blatant reusing of the same riff/chord progression as Faint/From the Inside or What I've Done/A Light That Never Comes. The "Victimized riff" is one small component of a 6 and a half minute song that covers a ton of ground. They've built entire songs around identical chord progressions in the past.

Edited by Astat

ALITS and Victimized don't sound that much alike. Definitely sounds similar to GATS. I made a song edit of GATS with the choruses from ALITS instead. It fits very well I'll upload it soon.

I also removed those odd endtings to the songs, like on KTTK, AFN, ect... Rearranged the order of the songs too. I still listen to the orginals in order most of the time.

Technically speaking, that part of the ALITS riff is still different from Victimized. Same strumming pattern centered around a D, but Victimized is mostly single D notes with a D octave at the end, while ALITS bounces back and forth between an open D5 chord and a D octave. Victimized also has a shitload of effects on the guitar, if you strip those away it doesn't sound quite as similar. Plus there's a different turnaround at the end of each riff, it's only the first part that's mostly the same.

Nowhere near as blatant reusing of the same riff/chord progression as Faint/From the Inside or What I've Done/A Light That Never Comes. The "Victimized riff" is one small component of a 6 and a half minute song that covers a ton of ground. They've built entire songs around identical chord progressions in the past.

i agree that it isn't exactly the same. there are differences throughout but it's very similar to my mind. they stripped down the effects for sure, but that doesn't help much as it remains a musically similar part. if "VICTIMIZED" would've been a demo from the LPU that wouldn't be that big of a deal for me. it just irks me because ALITS is amazing throughout but i guess we can leave it at that.