The Hunting Party Leak + iTunes Stream

hahninator

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't "get" A Thousand Suns on the first listen, or for a few months even. I only LOVED Waiting For The End at first, really. I mean going from No More Sorrow and Given Up to The Catalyst is a pretty big change. Then I "got it" and ATS to me now is a musical masterpiece. I can't tell you how much I listen to it start-to-finish; it definitely ranks up there in my top ten albums ever. Robot Boy even is incredible to me. The whole CD is A+++.

And then Living Things hit and because it took me a little bit to get ATS, I thought LT was a huge step back for the band. And I still do. I really dislike that record a lot, and LPU XIII confirmed what I thought - they had some super creative, genius tracks like Primo and they tried to shorten them into these "firecracker" songs. The electronic elements seemed so...dumbed down from the ATS era. They had all this synth and electronic stuff and it just sounded so cheap to me. I can dig Lost In The Echo live. In My Remains, Castle Of Glass, and Powerless aren't bad songs (I think Powerless is genius). Just about everything else on the record, especially Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks, Lies Greed Misery, etc I think is really bad. I don't know if I'll ever come around on that album. Burn It Down as a lead single....OUCH. Oh man. I would have kept Primo and the other tracks and expanded on the ATS sound (even longer songs) versus shortening things up for the new album (2012).

But because they kept changing their sound and I didn't know what was next...I didn't even think about jumping ship. One bad record to me isn't much of anything if you love the rest. So I can't wait to hear The Hunting Party.

I agree with you 1000% on Living Things.

Album Review

Keys To The Kingdom -> Vocal effects shit but still good, liked it.

All For Nothing -> It's not Linkin Park dude.

Guilty All The Same -> Still one of my favourite.

The Summoning -> We heard x10 better instrumental songs but I'm sure Shinoda wants to say something in this song.

War -> Better screams from Chester but I don't want to hear him like this.

Wastelands -> We heard this before, this is insane and one of my favourite.

Until It's Gone -> We heard this before too, one of my favourite single in Linkin Park history.

Rebellion -> It's Daron diffrence, we can hear it really easy. And yes this is heavy. It's one of my favourite.

Mark The Graves -> BIG BAD BRAD you are a god but Chester's slow vocal parts aren't compatible with heavy guitars.

Drawbar -> Epic piano but it's reminds me LPU demos.

Final Masquerade -> This is music man. One of my favourite.

A Line In The Sand -> This is what I hope to hear, Shinoda diffrence can be notice in song.

MIKE gave us best songs as singles this time.

I didn't hear what I hope in almost every song. (which didn't release as single, singles are god as I said in review.)

I would be shocked if every song got played live. I don't see it happening, with having guests on the album. We seen with Living Things that the band won't play every song. At least we got Robot Boy from ATS, even though it's a shortened instrumental.

Edited by Southpaw818

If Chester did all the singing, people would be complaining that we didn't get enough vocals from Mike on this album. I think Mike stepped it up on this album with his singing.

yeah you are probably right about that.

yeah you are probably right about that.

Honestly though, Chester does a good majority of the vocals on this album anyways. He sings basically every chorus and there are more songs that he sings the entire song on than there was with LT. He sings all of GATS except for Rakim's part, he sings all of War, he sings all of Until It's Gone, and he sings all of Final Masquerade. He also sings basically every chorus for each song. Mike needs to do some vocals, too. I love Mike's vocals on this album.

Edited by Geki

I think it is a brilliant album.

Gun to my head, War would have to be my favorite. The chunkiness and heaviness with the flow of Chesters singing... wow.

Ill admit the drum patterns same very much the same in almost every song which diminishes it abit song-through-song, but id still call this their best album since MTM. Possibly better. So happy with this (and happy to see my account is still active, hehe)

added note: once the touring cycle for this album kicks off properly, i hope they work LOATR into their performances of Final Masquerade. I feel like theyll work brilliantly together, and id hate for LOATR to be left behind.

Edited by linkinmetalfanatic

Keys to the Kingdom is going to sound fucking awful if they try it live.

The first half of the album is way better than the second half, IMO. ALITS got too hyped up, it felt boring and repetitive.

Drawbar was pretty weird, too. It felt like it was continually building towards something, but it never finished building. It just...ended. Weird song to have Tom Morello on.

I have to give the album another listen later, really spend some time with it.

Too tired, lazy, and upset to do a full, proper review, but I'm really enjoying the album. All For Nothing and Drawbar have both grown on me a bit, leaving Wastelands as the only track I dislike. Final Masquerade is still my favorite track, followed by A Line In The Sand and Mark The Graves

Man, this album. This fucking album. Never would I have though LP being able to pull this off so well.

I quite enjoy LT, but this record is a million times more intersting to me. It's not even close.

I can't describe how happy I feel right now. And while it's true that my hype is influencing my opinion at the moment, I can still safely I have never been that excited after a first listen of a LP album.

Edited by Qwerty18

It's a decent album I guess. Can't really judge it's position compared to other albums after just one run through it, though.

ATS really let me down back then. I like to listen to it in its entirety every once in a while, because it surely is a fine piece of art if you see it as 'one track'. But there's no single song on it that has hit my play list regularly, maybe 'Waiting for the End', 'The Catalyst' and 'When they come for me' come somewhere near that. But that's not what I'd like to hear from one of my favorite bands.

To me, LT somehow was a step forward considering the single songs. It's really poor in its entirety (especially compared to ATS), but 'Lost in the Echoe' and 'Powerless' (one of their overall best tracks for me) were two awesome songs that I love to listen to.

THP probably is a mixture of both. I couldn't find any song that I'd consider as a masterpiece (maybe some will grow on me in the future), but overall the album seems to make sense to me. Not as intense as ATS, but it's probably better to listen to all of the songs.

'Rebellion' is my favorite so far, 'A Line in the Sand' startet really promising but the feeling of the verse was totally destroyed by this somewhat cheap riff. Sounds like a reassembling of GATS and Victimized riffs to me. And I really do not like Victimized. Would be nice if I can get used to it since I loved Mikes part and also liked Chesters...

Only listened once so I won't go into detail, but a few thoughts:

- From now on I'm going to refer to it as The Hunting Party: Rob Bourdon Strikes Back.

- Guilty All the Same sounds a hell of a lot better in the context of the album.

- This is the first time I've listened to Wastelands, probably my favourite on this first run through. Such GROOVE.

- Chester sounds more aggressive on War than he has done since the Hybrid Theory EP.

- A Line in the Sand makes me think of Game of Thrones.

Man, this album. This fucking album. Never would I have though LP being able to pull this off so well.

It's weird, I've been wanting them to create a sound like this since MTM. Never thought they'd actually do it. It was more of a wish. But they killed it on this album

To be honest i expected this album to be a total flop,but I love it,Mark the Graves is exactly what i wanted from LP,heavy guitar driven but not going back to do another nu metal cliche song,but instead we get an awesome song with awesome structure and progression,it sounds so reinvigorating.