The Carnivores Tour - Summer 2014

hahninator

Are you kidding me? Mars has never even done a USA amphitheatre tour LOL. The only legit huge venue they've played in the USA is the Hollywood Bowl and that's because it's LA - any large band can do really well there. I believe in 2011 they did play Camden and like one other good amphitheatre but that's it. LP has been doing this for 10 years. No chance 30STM co-headlines.

Well, personally If I was 30stm id say no if I was asked to co-headline with Linkin Park :kanyeshrug:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why dont you like 30stm?

Well I haven't heard good things from people who've been to recent show, and I'm not a huge fan of their music. I've listened casually, but I've never felt the need to listen to a whole album. Plus it's just annoying that because they're on the bill they'll be hiking up the ticket price.

Its fan made. But its only fair if the bands Co-Headline

Your underestimating how big 30stm is.

I think they should co-headline personally

He is right, sorry. I think you are underestimating how huge LP really is. 30STM is a big band, yes, but they are not bigger than LP, especially in the states.

Great news!

Really looking forward for this tour, no doubts.

And btw, everything looks like will be very similar to 2012/2013 tour cicle. After Northamerica, they will play in South America as Warren Willis said, crossing fingers and saving money!

Whrres the fucking NJ dates I NEED SALVATION.

So will this be like HCT where there's a headliner and co-headliner or just LP with two opening acts?

Tomorrow. I think they are going to announce the tour dates and when the tickets will go on sale, etc.

Whrres the fucking NJ dates I NEED SALVATION.

So will this be like HCT where there's a headliner and co-headliner or just LP with two opening acts?

Two opening acts is what I would assume since 30STM isn't big in the USA.

Best amphitheatres I have been to (in order):

West Palm Beach FL

Bristow VA

Woodlands TX

Alpharetta GA

West Palm is my "home" amphitheater since I live here, really hoping they come back. If not, I'll travel to Alpharetta like I did for the Honda Civic because that place was really awesome.

30STM actually started getting some mainstream play with thdir new album, Up In The Air and City Of Angels are quite big.

I'm not sure how these thibgs are decided; are they decided based on overall popularity, or in perspective to how popular the headliner is?

Well I haven't heard good things from people who've been to recent show, and I'm not a huge fan of their music. I've listened casually, but I've never felt the need to listen to a whole album. Plus it's just annoying that because they're on the bill they'll be hiking up the ticket price.

I understand.

For me, however, This is perfect. Three bands I like. Well 2, and 1 I used to like (AFI). I know it will be expensive but it will be worth it!

30STM actually started getting some mainstream play with thdir new album, Up In The Air and City Of Angels are quite big.

I'm not sure how these thibgs are decided; are they decided based on overall popularity, or in perspective to how popular the headliner is?

Idk, I'm pretty sure the bands' management teams decide this, but it can be weird. I'm a big 311 fan, but I saw their tour 4 years ago where The Offspring opened for them. That seemed very strange.

Idk, I'm pretty sure the bands' management teams decide this, but it can be weird. I'm a big 311 fan, but I saw their tour 4 years ago where The Offspring opened for them. That seemed very strange.

That does seem strange.

311 is a bigger venue band than The Offspring, thats all that was. Plus yeah, Offspring was direct support for them on that tour, but 311 still only played 4 more songs. Pepper was the actual opener.

lol shitty bands for the tour.

Two excellent studio bands that can't pull off their shit live.

...Opening for another excellent studio band that used to be pretty good at pulling off their shit live, but has strained their lead singer's voice to the point that he can't do 2 days of rehearsals without struggling for the next 3 consecutive shows.

What the fuck?! One date?! What kind of tour is that?! This is bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, fuck you, bullshit! If I had one wish it would be to bring every member of both LP and 30STM from their happy holiday slumber in Hollywood with all the other rich people and bring them brought right here with big ribbons on their heads. Then I want to look them straight in the eye and I want to tell them what cheap, lying, no good, rotten, fore-fleshing, lowlife, snake-licking, dirty inbred, over stuffed, ignorant, bloodsucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fatass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, worm-headed sack of monkey shits they are. Halleujah! Holy shit! Where's the tylenol?

I would've hoped you guys didn't think I was serious.

The fact that they're promoting it as a Linkin Park/Mars tour suggests to me they'll get a decent stage time, about an hour perhaps. There might be another band on the tour, but I reckon it's unlikely.

A strong bill nonetheless, should sell well. Excited to see where the tour goes from here!