09.10.2010 - Santiago, Chile

Linkin Park will be playing their second show of the South American leg for the "A Thousand Suns" touring cycle today in Santiago, Chile. The show will take place at Club Hípico and is part of the Maquinaria Festival. This is the first festival show the band has played since Aug. 22, 2009 last year, the last show for the "Minutes To Midnight" touring cycle, at the Epicenter Festival in Pomona, CA (show page here). LP has one more show in South America - on the 11th in Brazil before they head to Europe to continue on with the touring cycle. It's also very important to note that this is their very first show (of hopefully many more to come!) in Chile!

The first show of the tour in Buenos Aires (show page here) gave us an entirely new setlist for the band. Fans will notice that "Wretches And Kings" opened for the first time, "When They Come For Me" (feat. the megaphone) and "The Messenger" were debuted live, and a lot of songs were swapped order-wise in the setlist. One notable return was "Papercut", which hasn't been played live since Aug. 23, 2008 (show page here), the second to last show of Projekt Revolution 2008. "Shadow Of The Day" and "Crawling" made notable returns after being dropped for the New York City promo show last month (show page here).

So, this brings up several questions. Will the band play a totally different setlist for tonight's show? Will they start rotating setlists tonight? What will the other setlists contain? Maybe some staple songs that didn't make the Argentina show? "Somewhere I Belong", "Lying From You", "From The Inside", "Points Of Authority" and more, perhaps? Or will LP play another track that is surprising to fans (see: Papercut, or the possibility of P5hng Me A*wy)? What do you guys think? Will they debut more songs from "A Thousand Suns", or save them for later ("Burning In The Skies" & "Blackout")? Or will they keep the same setlist? Are there any fan-favorites or obscurities you'd like them to play?

Who all is going to the show? Is anyone doing live tweeting of the setlist?

The rest of the 2010 tour dates for Linkin Park can be found here. Show page here.

SETLIST

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches & Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. Bleed It Out

20. One Step Closer

-------------------

21. Fallout

22. The Catalyst

23. The Messenger

24. In The End

25. What I've Done

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already in Santiago. This is going to be the most amazing day of my life. I'll be attending the concert, and I will also be at the LPU M&G. I still can't believe they'll be playing in Chile. It's a dream come true.

I wish I could send you live information, but I guess it's going to be impossible. I'll be enjoying every second of the show.

I'll have a report for you after the show ;)

I hope they play the same songs they played in Argentina, but I have my doubts since Maquinaria is a Festival, and playing most of ATS for a general audience may be risky for them, IMO. I guess I'll be one of the few singing the new songs haha. We'll see.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

i think all of south america's setlists will be the same, but then when they move to Europe they might rotate setlists. i t would be cool if they rotated in somewhere i belong, lying from you, from the inside, and points of authority be rotaed in. also it would be awesome if evry once in a while they brought back Don't Stay, APFMH, Pushing Me Away. Also it would awesome if they really surprised fans and played Figure.09 again

I can't understand how they ended with what i've done.As i know they always start with blast songs then in the middle they break down and for the end comes the huge headbang:P Anyway have fun to the show!!!And dont post every song,we can wait.Enjoy every milisecond cauz its gonna be the best of your lifee!!!!

I'm already in Santiago. This is going to be the most amazing day of my life. I'll be attending the concert, and I will also be at the LPU M&G. I still can't believe they'll be playing in Chile. It's a dream come true.

I wish I could send you live information, but I guess it's going to be impossible. I'll be enjoying every second of the show.

I'll have a report for you after the show wink.gif

I hope they play the same songs they played in Argentina, but I have my doubts since Maquinaria is a Festival, and playing most of ATS for a general audience may be risky for them, IMO. I guess I'll be one of the few singing the new songs haha. We'll see.

GREAT!

How much time left?

Nice write up! Really excited for the show tonight (though I won't be attending living in Michigan) however am pumped to hear the setlist, see some videos, etc. Interesting that it looks like Incubus will be closing the festival, essentially LP is on before them. (i could be mistaken, but the festival website makes it look that way)

Either way pumped! Thanks for the write up, love the facts stuff like that makes LPL stand out :)

I have a theory (not hybrid ... but it is a theory ashashahshas)!

- If repeat the setlist, the setlist will be the same in Brazil!

- If change the setlist, the setlist will be different in Brazil too!

I think if there was a "volume restriction" on the show in Argentina, it's pretty much what the LP has changed a few songs to "obey" it.

Edited by Victor Del Porto