The Uncirculateds Thread

Skipees

Since this is a place were some source discussion is going on, I was wondering what I/we (LPLive) should do about Worcester 2001?

There 's the old DVD currently listed on the show page and the new transfer by D7 from this year, which is not listed on the show page yet.

Should we listen them both as source 1a/b? I think it would be nice to have them both on the show page instead of the new one just replacing the other. What do you guys think?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is a place were some source discussion is going on, I was wondering what I/we (LPLive) should do about Worcester 2001?

There 's the old DVD currently listed on the show page and the new transfer by D7 from this year, which is not listed on the show page yet.

Should we listen them both as source 1a/b? I think it would be nice to have them both on the show page instead of the new one just replacing the other. What do you guys think?

I think we have to list the highest quality version of each recording. So replace the current one with the 2. gen transfer.

Edited by lpmaskmancick

There is a slight difference though, the old one has 40 seconds more of the intro in the beginning. The version I have has even Dead and Bloated from STP as a bonus. Whoever originally spread the DVD around removed the bonus.

I was about to say you should list them both as one source (xGB/yGB), but if there's a difference list them as two sources (or as source 1a1 if possible lol).

Edit:

It was a joke but maybe the 1a1 it's a good idea.

Ok!

Noticed something interesting about the Miami 2001 today.

It's minor but for some reason the 1st gen copy (and the really old copy of the show) has a few more seconds of footage before One Step Closer than the master copy has. 7 seconds or so lol.

1st gen: Crawling end - blue screen - "... lucky we have a little bit of help" - pause - "Yo yo yo" OSC starts

Master: Crawling end - blue screen - pause - "Yo yo yo" OSC starts

It's nothing important but weird that this is missing in the master tape. Maybe because it was transfered again and One Step Closer is wrongly included at the beginning of the Staind set anyway in the master version.

Ok!

Noticed something interesting about the Miami 2001 today.

It's minor but for some reason the 1st gen copy (and the really old copy of the show) has a few more seconds of footage before One Step Closer than the master copy has. 7 seconds or so lol.

1st gen: Crawling end - blue screen - "... lucky we have a little bit of help" - pause - "Yo yo yo" OSC starts

Master: Crawling end - blue screen - pause - "Yo yo yo" OSC starts

It's nothing important but weird that this is missing in the master tape. Maybe because it was transfered again and One Step Closer is wrongly included at the beginning of the Staind set anyway in the master version.

The master source was transfered in 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

Last thing I heard was that he's getting the LP shows soon. That was about a month ago and that he will probably transfer them in December but don't quote me on that.

Don't know about the other stuff or the money, either wait for him to post an update or ask him personally.

Sometimes it's hard to draw a line between all this digicam stuff. Most of it just incomplete.

Just cause something seems to be rare doesn't make it good. I bet some of these are just rare cause nobody else wants them.

Btw VCD died out years ago, you have to be a real jerk to convert something to vcd these days.

Sometimes it's hard to draw a line between all this digicam stuff. Most of it just incomplete.

Just cause something seems to be rare doesn't make it good. I bet some of these are just rare cause nobody else wants them.

Btw VCD died out years ago, you have to be a real jerk to convert something to vcd these days.

And yet, we have a lot of Great Digicam or Audience recordings surfaced, MFR 2005... then there's the really bad ones... Wasn't VCD equivalent to a DVD?

• 5 weeks later...