The Uncirculateds Thread

Skipees

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please someone found the full show of Mexico 2002?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkaLWLRQ9Zw

Newsreel-style footage filmed from between the barricade and the stage during the first couple songs, standard practice. 99.9% chance the whole show wasn't filmed (people with media passes are only allowed down there for the first 2 or 3 songs of a show). There are clips like this of probably dozens of shows without actual video sources.

This makes photo hunting for my guitar website tricky, because nearly every professional photo you see from a show comes from the first 10 minutes of the performance.

Edited by Astat

How do we know there's a proshot of the 1997 Xero show?

Fuck Pictureboard, that shit is the holy grail of holy grails

I don't think we know for sure that it exists, but System of a Down filmed their music video for War? at that performance, so more of the show may have been filmed. There's a full SOAD proshot from a Whiskey performance in '97, but it wasn't the same show.

I don't think we know for sure that it exists, but System of a Down filmed their music video for War? at that performance, so more of the show may have been filmed. There's a full SOAD proshot from a Whiskey performance in '97, but it wasn't the same show.

Nice, definitely a possibility. Tracking down the details of that SOAD video might be extremely hard though.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A fact about the Metropol 2001, Pittsburgh DVD.

Note from a local taper

"The Taper is Jeff Smittle. He was a major seller in the pittsburgh / cleveland record convention type market in the late 90's and early 00's. he was arrested in 2002 or 2003 and all of this tapes were destroyed. it was actually on the news here in pittsburgh. showed piles of videos being bulldozed on his driveway. his stuff isn't the easiest to find nowadays but it wasn't too uncommon on trade lists back then. you will never get a copy off the master because they were destroyed. also most of the ones he sold at record shows were technically 2nd generation VHS because he would make a "sub-master" copy and spin copies off that.

he wasn't a cool dude and lots of stuff got filmed because there was a market for it. i know sellers are universally frowned upon now, but back then it was a totally different game. he would pay off the bouncers at the clubs to let him do his thing. thats why his videos were always pretty good."

Archive about the prision: https://www.justice.gov/archive/criminal/cybercrime/press-releases/2004/smittleSent.htm

The guy made more than 250k U$ in money selling bootlegs... LOL. FBI destroyed 11.000 tapes at his home.

So... We will never get a master upgrade for this one and I also doubt a 1st gen.

Edited by Felipeintheend

Note from a local taper

"The Taper is Jeff Smittle. He was a major seller in the pittsburgh / cleveland record convention type market in the late 90's and early 00's. he was arrested in 2002 or 2003 and all of this tapes were destroyed. it was actually on the news here in pittsburgh. showed piles of videos being bulldozed on his driveway. his stuff isn't the easiest to find nowadays but it wasn't too uncommon on trade lists back then. you will never get a copy off the master because they were destroyed. also most of the ones he sold at record shows were technically 2nd generation VHS because he would make a "sub-master" copy and spin copies off that.

he wasn't a cool dude and lots of stuff got filmed because there was a market for it. i know sellers are universally frowned upon now, but back then it was a totally different game. he would pay off the bouncers at the clubs to let him do his thing. thats why his videos were always pretty good."

Archive about the prision: https://www.justice.gov/archive/criminal/cybercrime/press-releases/2004/smittleSent.htm

The guy made more than 250k U$ in money selling bootlegs... LOL. FBI destroyed 11.000 tapes at his home.

So... We will never get a master upgrade for this one and I also doubt a 1st gen.

Wow!!!

• 4 months later...

I'm confused about this one:

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2001/20010202

Source 1a: Video - PROSHOT (Webcast 300K)

Transfer: Webcast > PNY Nvidia GeForce FX 128MB DDR TV-Out (1024x768) > DVDM

Taper: Down

Time: 70 mins

Format: DVD (M)

Comments: Including an interview after the show.

Source 1b: Video - PROSHOT (Webcast 300K)

Taper: Down

Time: 48:15 mins

Format: DVD (M) / 3.23 GB

Comments: Somehow the quality was retained and it was saved to VHS.

I know that Source 1b is circulated, on LP-Bits and it's really common, but is Source 1a circulated at all?

Note from a local taper

Well Shit...

• 9 months later...

About 2003/08/07 Seattle (FM) I don't think we'll ever get it... I bothered pretty much everyone at LIVE 105 (Now ALT105.3) and nobody responded to me... I tried calls and emails all year... :( I also talked with Greg (taper of Atlanta 2004) and he doesn't have the show anymore...

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx

Is it possible to get SSMF 2013 from KTLA??? Says they streamed half the show, starting with APFMH, the first song. It was a legendary show, I was there. Would be cool to not only have a full source of the show, but also a HQ version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anybody reading this knows of a full source existing of SSMF 2013, contact me via PM. I will pay for it or whatever. I was at the show and it's one of my best memories. I hate the cut up 50 minute source. I'd love the full show, with speeches in between songs and everything, the entire concert.

• 7 months later...

Source 1: Video - AUD (Unknown)

Taper: Mike S.

Time: ? mins (full show)

Format: ? / ? GB

Comments: Uncirculated. Same taper was Rochester and Buffalo 2001. Source added to the live guide in April 2016.

This is a interesting show to be releashed for the next lp Annyversiary

• 1 year later...

Man he really disappeared, the last contact we had with him was from Jonas (AndOne) and he was talking to D7 in 2016. At that update, D7 was really sick and we didn't hear from him again since then. We can try again, but he hasn't been heard from in over 3 years.