The Uncirculateds Thread

Skipees

I'll ask remmy

and no I Haven't looked at any LP really. I flipped through the mason jar show cause it happened to be on the same tape as another show dean wanted. I'll be honest here..I'm not exactly 100% thrilled to be sharing much of anything with the "LP Community" I had 2 users dick me over completely when it came to deans tapes. Leaving me high and dry with 0 communication, I won't name names but you can probably figure it out really quickly with a simple search of this thread. I can't promise I'll release deans masters but I might release the mason jar show and a few select others. You can thank your faithful members for that ;)

I don't even have to guess to know who one of those two people are. And trust me, you're part of a VERY large group of people who have been screwed over/annoyed/harassed/run off by said person. :lol:

And there's a reason I check this thread frequently, but rarely post in it: I'm constantly wondering how long it's going to take before one of the people constantly bugging your for updates in here succeeds in pissing you off and ruining yet another opportunity for new/upgraded recordings to find their way into the community. I applaud you for still being willing to participate at all, because I wouldn't blame you a bit if you didn't want to. I basically quit the trading scene 6-7 years ago because the constant stress of dealing with greedy "gimme gimme" people from one side and equally greedy "I'm gonna announce to the world that I have this show but it's not for trade, sorry" hoarders from the other side was rarely worth it.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even have to guess to know who one of those two people are. And trust me, you're part of a VERY large group of people who have been screwed over/annoyed/harassed/run off by said person. :lol:

And there's a reason I check this thread frequently, but rarely post in it: I'm constantly wondering how long it's going to take before one of the people constantly bugging your for updates in here succeeds in pissing you off and ruining yet another opportunity for new/upgraded recordings to find their way into the community. I applaud you for still being willing to participate at all, because I wouldn't blame you a bit if you didn't want to. I basically quit the trading scene 6-7 years ago because the constant stress of dealing with greedy "gimme gimme" people from one side and equally greedy "I'm gonna announce to the world that I have this show but it's not for trade, sorry" hoarders from the other side was rarely worth it.

;) honestly they won't ruin it. it works kinda like this

- Dean gave me all his vhs tapes minus his masters

- Dean then gave me 20-30 masters

- I transfer what he wants from that list

- Dean gives me another 20-30 masters

- I transfer what he wants from that list

wash, rinse repeat.

I understand why he is doing it as I can easily disappear once I get what I want (not that I would) but he doesn't know me from adam so it is a building working relationship. Thankfully dean is super super cool and it has been an absolute blast to work with him. So it isn't as much of a hassle just time consuming. I also have a full time corporate america job, and a full time fiancee ;) (you know how these women are!). If I could have taken a picture the day she came home and saw 17 boxes filled with vhs tapes in the 2nd bedroom haha oh man. Anyways after talking with a certain helpful staff member I will be releasing everything but it will just take time. You are all welcome to send me well wishes and make sure I'm still breathing and functioning ;)

There is not any reason to Hidden my name, Seven!

One of the person is me just because a motherfucker who wanted to give money for other bands and in the last moment he refused to. I tried to give the money on the time but couldn't because i still have my personal life and costs. I emailed TheSeven saying i am able to send money this month and he just ignored it.

Does this make me a fucker? Nope! I've shared as much as i can with this fucking community . People like you Astat are a little piece of shit, jealous and trying to start strifes!

If you want i have a big list of shows i've shared and i can shut up your fucking mouth.

;)

People like you Astat are a little piece of shit, jealous and trying to start strifes!

lol that's not at all what he was trying to say. I feel like at least three people are about to yell at you for this, me not being one of them.

Felipe everyone here appreciates your hard work and the many awesome shows you've got us over the years.

It would be the best way (for everyone involved) to resolve these personal issues via PM unless you want to keep the drama in the wide open.

No one has the right to insult others.

Felipe everyone here appreciates your hard work and the many awesome shows you've got us over the years.

It would be the best way (for everyone involved) to resolve these personal issues via PM unless you want to keep the drama in the wide open.

No one has the right to insult others.

This is what ive tried before. But now there is two people insulting me indirectly. THEY have the right to say and me yo answer.

Btw. fuck you Astat and TheSeeven should listen and pay atention to the problem before saying bullshities.

Goodbye!

This is what ive tried before. But now there is two people insulting me indirectly. THEY have the right to say and me yo answer.

Btw. fuck you Astat and TheSeeven should listen and pay atention to the problem before saying bullshities.

Goodbye!

Listen man, I haven't been around here long enough to really understand what happened but they weren't insulting you. They were just stating their view on something you may (or may not have) done. Everyone makes mistakes, if you made one, learn from it and move on. Going from being "indirectly" mentioned shouldn't go into directly insulting someone in such a harsh way.

Shit went down in a matter of like five posts.

Listen man, I haven't been around here long enough to really understand what happened but they weren't insulting you. They were just stating their view on something you may (or may not have) done. Everyone makes mistakes, if you made one, learn from it and move on. Going from being "indirectly" mentioned shouldn't go into directly insulting someone in such a harsh way.

Shit went down in a matter of like five posts.

You don't know our history. You don't know how this Astat is a little fucker.

About The7, i have nothing to say about him beside "He should check and ask or SEE the problem before posting bullshitis here.

Let me say you something...

"Getting rare stuff" is not simple as you guys think. It's pretty complicated and it is not a easy job. Sometimes it take times, days, weeks, months or years. 10% of the tapers get it as annoying and other 90% understand our request and in the end, they share it as i have posted along the years.

For those motherfuckers like Astat i have to say.... OK, there is one... two,, or even three tapers saying i am an annoyer" but the others 10 shared with me, then... shut up ;) I have never received ANY money for all those 8 years of bootleg and if you think i am a shit trader, go and get at least, half of what i've got.

About the community, It's not a DRAMMA. I am just tired of ungrateful people and fans like Astat and similar fans.

So that's the reason im writting this big text, because iam leaving and don't expect any shit from me anymore

Goodbye and good luck

Edited by Felipeintheend

Does this make me a fucker? Nope! I've shared as much as i can with this fucking community . People like you Astat are a little piece of shit, jealous and trying to start strifes!

It is awesome all the things you shared with us and I'm sure we are all thankful for it, but I don't think Astat or other people were trying to say anything like that.

Like Geki said, they weren't trying to undermine you, they were just saying at one point it seemed you did the wrong thing. Though that may not be the case, you helped us get AMAZING exclusives over the years, and I'm sure were ALL grateful for that.

Did he help us get MFR 2005?

Yes.

After many years of broken promises, traders fucking us over, bad deals, lost money, etc....Felipe managed to set up the deal to get MFR and a bunch of other exclusives, including London 2001. All of that went down at the same time. Very appreciated and I am forever in debt for that. He set it up and we executed. He has collaborated with us on many exclusives over the years successfully and he singlehandedly has liberated more shows to the LP community than anyone else as far as I know. Nick is a close second with great work on things like Yokohama 2003, etc. Love him (like us) or hate him (like some), Felipe will go down in the community as someone that has done a lot of good and has brought many shows to fans. And he's not done. As an admin here, I can't thank him enough for the work he's done. It's tiring and frustrating, and you get burned a lot (losing lots of money, including us), but the reward of releasing shows years later is a great thing.

Thanks for all the exclusives dude, you did a great job.

I hope that you still want to collaborate with the community in the future, remember that a community is not about just 2 boys.

keep it up.

Exactly. Keep doing what you're doing.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showforum=75

^ A large portion of this, as well as a lot of other shows out there, including a few we haven't released yet, came from the hard work of Felipe.

Sometimes problems come from simple miscommunications. From talking with Felipe directly a lot over the years, I know that the Vansmack taper, who taped Devore 2004 (a highly sought after, rare, Projekt Rev 2004 recording), was the right guy Felipe tracked down and was just lying about not having the show. He gave the runaround and so by Felipe (and others) contacting every Vansmack on the Internet, of course he got pissed. Fuck it. The tooldvn guy (taper of Worcester 2003, Foxboro 2003 and Worcester 2004) gave him the runaround for years too and was just an asshole about things. There's two sides to everything. Felipe in my opinion has done 1,000,000x more positive things than negative things in the LP community.

D7, your work here is greatly appreciated by all of us as well. These masters have been hunted for years and it's incredible you finally got ahold of them.

People like you Astat are a little piece of shit, jealous and trying to start strifes!

Throwing personal attacks at someone who didn't even mention you by name doesn't exactly paint a good picture of you, lol.

For anyone wondering, I don't "hate" Felipe. In terms of actually getting shit done with liberating recordings, he's done more than I have. But having a thread like this on a forum that Felipe also frequents is probably just asking for trouble, because a list of uncirculated recordings ultimately leads to questions about WHY certain recordings are uncirculated...and let's face it, Felipe's name comes up in quite a few "big" cases. For the sake of not escalating drama any further, I'll avoid the details. But here's the way I see it: Everyone is equally capable of being the good guy or the bad guy, and they usually change sides fairly often. Some even manage to be both at the same time. I would know! I mean christ, just with LPL alone, I can say that I both helped create it and damn near destroyed it (indirectly) at different points. Tapers, traders, buyers, sellers, uploaders, downloaders...they can all be great, they can all suck, 50% of them could be great one week and then suck the next week.

I don't think it's worth the time trying to discern whether someone is "overall" good or bad, because then you just end up saying stuff like "Astat is a little fucker" without much of anything to add to it. I think it's better to compartmentalize everything and look at each action someone makes as a standalone thing. Why do you think every person in the LP community that I've been friends with for a long time has also hated my guts at some point? Because I'm an asshole, I fuck up, I make stupid decisions, I stop giving a shit about important things - SOMETIMES. It all comes back around eventually though. I think everybody's like that. Certain percentage of good, certain percentage of shit. I'm like that, Felipe's like that, Mark's like that, Jonas is like that, Miley Cyrus is like that...well, maybe not, I'm not entirely sure about her...

Appreciate the good, but don't just sweep the bad under the rug eiither. It all coexists in the same world anyway.

Thanks Mark for understanding how hard is to get and release a show. Thanks for the words too.

For those all grateful people i have to say, i would release shows day by day just for all of YOU!

What made me angry is the fact that some tapers like ToolDVN keep years promising to share and when you send just one email they reply saying you are annoying. But wait... 6 months AFTER is any kinda of annoy? 1 year after?

Then a selected group of members say you are a fucker bothering tapers. Oh, no! You need to see how long it does take to get a show and how hard it is before judging me or other releaser.

As Mark knows and others... There is lot of exemples: Smokeout, Tooldvn's masters and a few other proshots and auds.

Throwing personal attacks at someone who didn't even mention you by name doesn't exactly paint a good picture of you, lol.

You know it was for me, it's not the first time you mention me indirectly. On this same thread everyone can find you attacking me.

It's ok. Don't need to answer anymore. It's over.

I guess it's also worth to mention that also other members screwed stuff up in the past because they thought they needed to intervene. Smokeout is probably the best example for that.

That is also a reason why some tapers are pissed off because they get contacted by a lot of people at once.

Making the Smokeout thing that public back in the day was maybe not the best move in hindsight.

I guess it's also worth to mention that also other members screwed stuff up in the past because they thought they needed to intervene. Smokeout is probably the best example for that.

That is also a reason why some tapers are pissed off because they get contacted by a lot of people at once.

Making the Smokeout thing that public back in the day was maybe not the best move in hindsight.

Yes. I have seen a few tapers mentioning other fans contacted him/her after me. We hadn't luck or experience enough with Smokeout. We should have get it all before posting...

Who can tell me the full story of this mysterious man 'Dean' seems like he has a godly collection of unreleased shows?

sorry missed this

Dean taped several of the LP shows early on in LP's career. Dean was a heavy trader so it wasn't so much so that his shows are rare just nobody thought at the time that vhs would go to shit so fast. And when converting to dvd it takes a lot of variables to get it right and look good. You can have an O..K tape and make it look great with the right programs and time/effort.

As far as I know there is a 1st gen upgrade to a few of his shows but having a master upgrade is usually (key word) the best as it is from the first tape and from the taper. Meaning the quality is pretty much as good as it can possibly get pending the condition of the tape and so forth. Again lots of factors.

Around 2001-2002ish Dean just up and disappeared. Nobody has been able to get a hold of him or even find out what happened to him. Rumor had it for many years he was busted by the fbi for selling shows on ebay. Come to find out it was not the truth at all...see why rumors are bad kids ;). Dean just stopped cold turkey. He had life take over and had no intentions on sharing or trading anymore.

Around May of last year I was on tour with a friends band and dean had taped these guys way way way back in the day. I had never asked about him cause well I'm not like that :D I don't use people to get to other people. it is rude :D. But I was talking about their early years and they brought up dean..a few questions later I found it, it was THAT dean. I was given an email address and I sent him an email that was cryptic as hell lol. Dean and I still joke about it to this day. I've never told anyone so here goes

I sent him an email with the following...

Hi Dean,

You don't know who I am but I'm friends with (insert name here), He gave me your email address as I have some questions about you taping shows back in late 90s early 2000s. If you have some free time I"d like to chat with you about it.

----------

Dean wrote back like 10 minutes later with

"Sure call me (insert number) in the morning tomorrow we will chat for sure"

Personally I never thought it was going to amount to anything as asking people for their collection is pretty daring. Others who know how it is can attest to it..most ignore you or give you some smart ass comment never to hear back from them again etc and so forth. So it was nice that dean was actually cool and down to earth about it. And that is basically how it goes

story time is over

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I appreciate all the laughs in this thread.

My name is Brad, i've been somewhat lurking on these boards for a while now. I have some uncirculated Linkin Park tapes that are definitely sought after. But after been harassed on Email, Linked In, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram by Felipe for the last year I kind've lost interest in even trying to transfer anything over.

All of the filmers from the early years have all gone different directions in their lives. None of us got arrested, hit by the FBI or had anything negative happen. We just loved music and all helped each other film all the bands we loved. It was a very small circle of us that did it for fun and some for the thrill. I always filmed with a pass or permission and my Linkin Park footage was all authorized and legal. I even had talks with Chester and Mike a few times and they honestly don't care if fans record their shows. But that's another topic as a whole.

I have a video from a House of Blues show in 2001 (Taproot/AAF tour), but my problem is that I signed a waiver form. When I signed my name on that form, it included a rights grabbing agreement. Since the House of Blues logo is dead center in the background, they own that footage. If it were to end up on Youtube and I was the only one who had access to a video camera in the pit, who will they try and contact? The chances of that happening are very slim, but would you want a black cloud over your head glooming? I sure don't. Maybe someday i'll re-consider, but realize that maybe some of the footage you seek has legal ramifications behind to why it's not in your archives. Don't ever take it personally, because the people filming and taking photos could be just as big of fans as you guys. (I was LPU back in the day, so I fully understand your passion for this band). I've always done things a legit as possible, sure guys like Dean would stealth a ton and he was phenomenal at it.

I was contacted by D 7 on this board and he is a very cool dude. I sent him one of my Linkin Park Ozzfest 2001 barricade masters today along with some other footage he's transferring over for me. I will log in here on occasion and lurk as well, but please, don't harass filmers from that era. Sending a nice, general email and being polite will get your much further.

Can't wait for the summer tour, i'll be drinking beers and enjoying the show just like everyone else.

Cheers!

-Brad