Spin.com: New Song Titles & A Collab On The New Album!

hahninator

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike ATS (where I had little to no expectations on how good the album would be or how it would sound), I actually do have an expectation for this album. And my expectation for this album is that it's going to kick ass. The more I hear about this album and the more I don't hear (the lack of information we've had), the more excited I get.

In some ways, the lack of information up till this point has increased my excitement. I know it's done the opposite for most people because they don't have anything to get excited for. For me though, knowing less is sometimes more exciting. It's exciting because it means (at least in my mind) that the possibilities are still endless and it could sound like anything. Not sure if I ever felt that way with ATS (due to the type of album it was among other things).

Now that we're getting some more solid information though, my excitement is still very high and I still feel like this album could go in many different directions, all of which are good ones. I haven't really heard one thing yet that makes me worry.

Seriously, I think I have never been that excited for a new LP record since I'm following the band, around pre-MTM era. All of what has been said so far regarding the new record (more up-tempo, mixing old and new, heavier electronic elements....and the descriptions of 5 songs right here) have really got me pumped. Can't wait !!

I have a feeling that this is going to be LP's return to mainstream audiences. Kind of like their "comeback album" in terms of popularity and sales.

ATS only went gold in the U.S., and it was not as popular with the casual fans, even though it's songs were deeper, more complex, and better written musically and lyrically.

I have a feeling that this is going to be LP's return to mainstream audiences. Kind of like their "comeback album" in terms of popularity and sales.

Yep, I had the same feeling some days ago. And this feeling was empowered by the poor quality leak and the super-catchy chorus in it. Guess it's good news for LP if it turns to be true :)

ATS only went gold in the U.S., and it was not as popular with the casual fans, even though it's songs were deeper, more complex, and better written musically and lyrically.

ATS was a failure. I welcome more LP music to wash that bad taste out of my mouth.