Spin.com: New Song Titles & A Collab On The New Album!

hahninator

Spin.com has posted a very interesting article that's well worth your read about the new Linkin Park album, which they say will be coming out in June.

New song titles confirmed in the article include: "Lost In The Echo" (previously confirmed by Mike), "In My Remains", "Castle Of Glass", and "I'll Be Gone". They also confirm for the first time, a collaborator on a Linkin Park album!

"Shinoda and Bennington played five of the new songs for SPIN and sure enough, they felt like an improvement on an old family recipe (albeit one you'd most likely use to piss off the rest of your family). "Lost in the Echo" featured a staccato guitar attack, tribal drums, crystalline keys and some brutal screams, but it also interweaved contemporary sub-bass boom and clangy industrial effects. "In My Remains" is both dark and triumphant, built for an arena at the end of days.

The melancholic "Castle of Glass" offers a steam-engine chug and a mountain of sound while Bennington sings about being but a small crack in the titular edifice, illustrating belonging and futility in the same stroke. On "I'll Be Gone," his metallic vocals come from a character who's either forced or chooses to leave home before the sun comes up. Amidst the lo-bit glitch and seismic stomp comes an unlikely cameo: strings courtesy of Arcade Fire arranger Owen Pallett.

"He's incredible," says Bennington, leaning back against the wall of the studio. "You send him notes and he's immediately like, 'I just sent you the track. Like, five minutes ago. It's done.' "

Last but not least, they cue up their upcoming single, "Burn it Down," a seared but still high-sheen slab of cross-pollinated pop driven by four-on-the-floor pump and the pulse of guitars and synths irreparably fused together. Shinoda delivers his bars with force and finesse, and joins Bennington to sing: "We're building it up to break it back down / We're building it up to burn it back down / We can't wait to burn it to the ground." Are they talking about a relationship? Music? Society?"

Thoughts?

Source here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcade Fire feature, ehm was hoping it would be a vocal feature. But i guess its cool that its a string feature since I am not much of an Arcade Fire fan, but good article!

Edited by Bliss

Finished reading the full article, and all I can say is 'Wow'. This album is shaping up to be a huge return for LP, more so than MTM could have dreamed of. With expertly written articles like this, old and new LP fans alike will be pumped for the new album in June.

Finished reading the full article, and all I can say is 'Wow'. This album is shaping up to be a huge return for LP, more so than MTM could have dreamed of. With expertly written articles like this, old and new LP fans alike will be pumped for the new album in June.

Lost In The Echo sounds badass.

Can't fucking wait for this album. I would never want a vocal collaboration on an LP album, but if it's just strings, it's cool with me. The vocals sound awesome so far in all the reviews. A lot of screaming? I can't wait to hear this album. I am more excited for it than I ever have for any LP album. And all the people saying the BID rip is fake, this proves you otherwise. Same lyrics!

Can't remember for sure but I thought on previous occasions the album title hadn't been released before the name of the single or the first play of it? I may be wrong but I would assume the album title will be dropped in the interview(s) following the first play of the single? May have also read this somewhere - again don't quote me only speaking from memory!