Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date

Mofamike

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 1st is going to be a GREAT day to be an LP fan on the internet!

Remember when What I've Done was pretty much released on April Fools' Day?

There are gonna be a lot of fake snippets going around on Sunday.

this is the snippet!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDQbzxrBVRc

WMG might take it down listen quick

this is the snippet!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDQbzxrBVRc

WMG might take it down listen quick

Wait a sec...did i just quote myself?

I didnt upload it but its the one I have. If this one gets taken down my WMG then its legit

Edited by lperocker

Doesn't sound very legit to me, it's too clear and usually you would hear a magnificent part of the song.

That snippet has Mike Shinoda written all over it. Plus WMG has been taking down that same snippet on youtube so it has to be legit. Why would they remove a fake snippet? Doesnt make sense...

And No you wouldnt hear a magnificent part! Do you not remember when they released snippets of the catalyst or even what ive done? For what Ive done the first snippet was just piano with no "magnificent part" so not sure where you are basing that bold assumption on...

That snippet has Mike Shinoda written all over it. Plus WMG has been taking down that same snippet on youtube so it has to be legit. Why would they remove a fake snippet? Doesnt make sense...

And No you wouldnt hear a magnificent part! Do you not remember when they released snippets of the catalyst or even what ive done? For what Ive done the first snippet was just piano with no "magnificent part" so not sure where you are basing that bold assumption on...

Personally, I think its legit. The same video NME posted which was removed is also 27-seconds long. NME also refer to the clip as the 'Intro' to the new single.

However, the intelligent folks over at LPA are convinced its fake. Gawd, I hope they're wrong ;)

You stated they referred to the clip as the intro to the new single, not the new album. Those are two totally different things.

True but depending on where BID is on the tracklisting of the album, it could potentially be the album intro or an empty spaces type interlude. Don't forget, LP are no strangers to this sort of thing. Extended outro on LOATR leading into BIO. Same again on SoTD leading into WID.

You never know. Its all speculation until we actually here BID. So for now, its anyones guess.

I'm leaning towards legit but have no problem being proved wrong

I am not listening to it, so I have no musical evidence to support this, but I have a feeling it is fake. What are the chances that a snippet just HAPPENS to leak the same day the name/date are made official. Everyone, including us and fake-video makers, are getting overly excited today and scrambling to make fake snippets/look for real snippets. Don't let the excitement of the official announcement cause you to assume that there are already real clips out there. Announcments have nothing to do with whether or not music has been leaked.