Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date

Mofamike

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the puzzles are back...hopefully people won't shit on the song based entirely on the snippets like last time.

To be honest, I'm very surprised that LP managed to put together an album so quickly...I was really expecting delay after delay after delay like with MTM, but it seems they were serious about quickening the album cycle after ATS.

So the puzzles are back...hopefully people won't shit on the song based entirely on the snippets like last time.

To be honest, I'm very surprised that LP managed to put together an album so quickly...I was really expecting delay after delay after delay like with MTM, but it seems they were serious about quickening the album cycle after ATS.

When was it and who confirmed the puzzles are back???

Finally we got some confirmation with regards to the single anyways. Based on Rolling Stone's use of the word "anthem", I'll go out on a limb and say Burn It Down will be along the same lines as Bleed It Out.

When was it and who confirmed the puzzles are back???

Finally we got some confirmation with regards to the single anyways. Based on Rolling Stone's use of the word "anthem", I'll go out on a limb and say Burn It Down will be along the same lines as Bleed It Out.

Mike said that we'd need to hunt down snippets of the new song on LP.com soon, so I interpreted that as being similar to how The Catalyst was marketed last album cycle.

Additionally, via fuckyeahlinkinpark and mikeshinodaclan.com:

"But it looks like all that is changing. On Tuesday, MTV News was on the set of the video for “Burn It Down,” the first single from their (still-untitled) new album. So, yes, this is really happening, and yes, it’s happening soon, as LP’s Chester Bennington explained.

“Well, we promised our fans that we’d put out records faster, and that’s what we’re doing. We figured out a way to condense our cycle, so to speak, by … continuing to write, trying to keep the creative ball rolling as often as possible,” he said. “We wrote some of the stuff on the road during the last tour, and instead of … touring for two years, we toured for about a year, we came home, jumped right back into the studio and just worked our butts off to create this record.

“And this album is a really great representation of where we’re at right now as a band,” Bennington continued. “We’re kind of really comfortable with our early nü-metal days, and we’re really comfortable with where we’re at in our more contemporary version of ourselves, so this is a good representation of that comfort level with our own identity as a band.”

As for “Burn It Down,” well, Bennington said the band chose it as the first single mostly because it showcases everything they’re hoping to accomplish on the new disc: a combination of their crackling, crushing past and their ethereal, electro-tinged present. And while we can’t reveal any details about the “Burn” video just yet, we’ll let Bennington tell you all about the new song:

“All of our songs take these really big creative turns and twists throughout the process, so sometimes songs will start out as a melody or some musical chord progressions. … Other times, they’ll start out as beats, and the next thing you know they kind of evolve over the course of the making of the album,” he said. “But what’s interesting about this track is the really high energy and the really strong electronic melodies and hooks kind of set this song apart, which is why we chose it as our first single.

“We’ve kind of drifted into a lot more kind of electronic, digital feel, but what’s interesting about this record is that a lot of songs — people might pick up on this — but a lot of the songs kind of were started as these folk-driven songs,” he continued. “So there’s a very organic element to the record, as well as a very modern, kind of futuristic element too. We can’t wait for our fans to hear it.” "

Video: http://mikeshinodaclan.com/2012/03/mtv-exc...nnington-video/

Dafuq did I just read?

Haha..."dafuq" :lol:

Guess the beans are spilling fast once the news was made official.

Guarantee a 30-sec snippet will be up on a music site very soon or one of the German sites. They always post snippets early.

So Rolling Stone and now MTV appear to have heard one or more of the new tracks. I wish they were like that French radio station who posted their thoughts to the 6-track sampler of ATS that was being passed about before its release

Edited by andydlp

Very excited. It's happening... New Linkin Park music ;) In my opinion, the album doesn't have to sound Nu-Metal, i just hope the majority are heavy/upbeat songs. There's been way too many slow songs, even though Burning In The Skies is one of my favourite LP songs.

EDIT: Btw, is it possible to reduce my warn% by any chance? I haven't been a dick to anyone in a long time.

Edited by Jani

What was that supposed to be? It just links to NME's video page.

Oh. The other link. Hm.

I just did a search and it gave me that NME link. Took two goes but page finally appeared.

Edit: Hopefully image appears now. Its a print screen from the NME website

post-2654-1332965738_thumb.png

Edited by andydlp

I just did a search and it gave me that NME link. Took two goes but page finally appeared.

Edit: Hopefully image appears now. Its a print screen from the NME website

post-2654-1332965738_thumb.png

Why did they remove it.. I bet it's that fake alien gangbang snippet. please if you find it's legit let me know

Why did they remove it.. I bet it's that fake alien gangbang snippet. please if you find it's legit let me know

I will. I think its legit For two reasons:

1) Legit website i.e. NME

2) Removed by Warner for copyright infringement

The new MTV interview is awesome, it's on the set of the BID shoot. Here is what Chester had to say.

"Well, we promised our fans that we'd put out records faster, and that's what we're doing. We figured out a way to condense our cycle, so to speak, by ... continuing to write, trying to keep the creative ball rolling as often as possible," he said. "We wrote some of the stuff on the road during the last tour, and instead of ... touring for two years, we toured for about a year, we came home, jumped right back into the studio and just worked our butts off to create this record.

"And this album is a really great representation of where we're at right now as a band," Bennington continued. "We're kind of really comfortable with our early nü-metal days, and we're really comfortable with where we're at in our more contemporary version of ourselves, so this is a good representation of that comfort level with our own identity as a band."

As for "Burn It Down," well, Bennington said the band chose it as the first single mostly because it showcases everything they're hoping to accomplish on the new disc: a combination of their crackling, crushing past and their ethereal, electro-tinged present. And while we can't reveal any details about the "Burn" video just yet, we'll let Bennington tell you all about the new song:

"All of our songs take these really big creative turns and twists throughout the process, so sometimes songs will start out as a melody or some musical chord progressions. ... Other times, they'll start out as beats, and the next thing you know they kind of evolve over the course of the making of the album," he said. "But what's interesting about this track is the really high energy and the really strong electronic melodies and hooks kind of set this song apart, which is why we chose it as our first single.

"We've kind of drifted into a lot more kind of electronic, digital feel, but what's interesting about this record is that a lot of songs — people might pick up on this — but a lot of the songs kind of were started as these folk-driven songs," he continued. "So there's a very organic element to the record, as well as a very modern, kind of futuristic element too. We can't wait for our fans to hear it."