Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date

Mofamike

any predictions of when are we going to be able to unlock snippets , and do u think they'll announce it " ready.set.go" or we have to search the whole time ?

I guess they will chance the design on lp.com, a splash screen or something like that...

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----

Off topic i'm starting to hate LPA

The great discussion about New Album and Burn It Down is lost between unnecessary comments of Farts, Aliens and Weddings.

Just saying...

Yup, I said something similar in this forum the other day. Literally, 80% of the posts are stupid and unrelated to the topic at hand (kinda like my post now but it needed to be said)

Yup, I said something similar in this forum the other day. Literally, 80% of the posts are stupid and unrelated to the topic at hand (kinda like my post now but it needed to be said)

let's keep it clean and on topic guys :)

Quotes from LPA posts:

Originally Posted by Xero21

Have you ever noticed it? People who like A Thousand Suns best can type really intellectual posts about artistic integrity, experimentation, the growth of the band, and are very knowledgable about music, both historically and modern.

People who like the nu-metal better call things "gay" and say they don't like songs because "it had fart noises as its intro."

Seriously?

and then someone answers:

I've always noticed this - I call them "'Meteora' fans" - and the trash they talk always makes us feel pretty fucking vindicated.

Seriously... How many retarded people can fit in one forum? You decide.

Seriously... How many retarded people can fit in one forum? You decide.

Congratulations on just proving my point.

"gay," "stupid," "retarded," my post was about how things like this give Meteora fans a bad reputation. you're clearly no different.

Edited by Xero21

they do have a point though, you cannot really argue for the artistic brilliance in Ht or meteora against ATS. For me the problem comes with the catchyness and awesomeness of the albums. HT and meteora was so catchy and lasting despite the simplistic artistic nature. And ATS and MTM to an extent was VERY forgettable even though clearly better albums musically.

But i really cant stand people who always go "LP PLZ RETURN TO OLD STYLE SO COOL NEW MUSIC SO BAD"

I too would never have been a fan if it wasn't for HT and meteora and especially reanimation and i dont think i would be a fan if i just heard MTM and ATS. So i get where some fans come from when they choose old over new. With the new album some of the descriptions make me happy, but the whole "big chorus" stuff makes me nervous since i get the feeling they are trying to make some "live anthems" and those can VERY easily turn out to be very generic and simplistic. Looking at the kings of anthem namely Bon Jovi they got some of the biggest anthem songs EVER written. Those songs are very simplistic when it comes to lyric, but what they do have is they are insanely catchy. Pulling off an epic song like they do is no easy task and most anthem songs fall flat.

Edited by GraDoN

they do have a point though, you cannot really argue for the artistic brilliance in Ht or meteora against ATS. For me the problem comes with the catchyness and awesomeness of the albums. HT and meteora was so catchy and lasting despite the simplistic artistic nature. And ATS and MTM to an extent was VERY forgettable even though clearly better albums musically.

I really respect the fact that you can separate personal taste from objective musical quality. That's something few people seem to be able to do.

I respect anyone's personal taste in music, you can enjoy whatever you want. But if you want to talk about artistic quality, it's not a matter of opinion.

I too would never have been a fan if it wasn't for HT and meteora and especially reanimation and i dont think i would be a fan if i just heard MTM and ATS. So i get where some fans come from when they choose old over new. With the new album some of the descriptions make me happy, but the whole "big chorus" stuff makes me nervous since i get the feeling they are trying to make some "live anthems" and those can VERY easily turn out to be very generic and simplistic. Looking at the kings of anthem namely Bon Jovi they got some of the biggest anthem songs EVER written. Those songs are very simplistic when it comes to lyric, but what they do have is they are insanely catchy. Pulling off an epic song like they do is no easy task and most anthem songs fall flat.

I'm all for it. Nothing wrong with a little FIST PUMPING RAWK. Edited by FORTsunrise

Congratulations on just proving my point.

"gay," "stupid," "retarded," my post was about how things like this give Meteora fans a bad reputation. you're clearly no different.

I can see you're choosing the easy way and emphasise on the word i used. What you don't say though is that I used it because you said that people who like the nu metal stuff are incapable of expressing any thoughts besides "gay" or "farts as an intro".

I don't know what you meant but maybe you should reconsider the fact that people who like the, "more artistic and intelligent", ATS are more intelligent than others. There are stupid and close minded people that like ATS and making facepalm-worth comments everywhere. That's not a reason to bash every single one who likes ATS though.

Edited by VavourasLP

I can see you're choosing the easy way and emphasise on the word i used. What you don't say though is that I used it because you said that people who like the nu metal stuff are incapable of expressing any thoughts besides "gay" or "farts as an intro".

So you chose to use an immature insult, because I said that many Meteora fans use immature insults? You sunk down to my expectations? Why would you do that?

Wouldn't it have been better to show me that there are Meteora fans who can be mature? And I know that there are. Bliss is one of them. GraDon is one of them. Some of the mods here too.

I don't know what you meant

Then maybe you should ask me, instead of flinging around insults like "retarded."

but maybe you should reconsider the fact that people who like the, "more artistic and intelligent", ATS are more intelligent than others. There are stupid and close minded people that like ATS and making facepalm-worth comments everywhere. That's not a reason to bash every single one who likes ATS though.

I never said they were more intelligent. But I did say that, in general, they are more mature and more articulate. I have not once seen an ATS fan refer to something as "gay" or "retarded." Nu-metal fans are the only people I see that are that rude to people on these forums.

I debate people. However, I never intend to insult them, and that's reflected in the language I use. Be mature.

Oh would you guys stop? Seriously? Dissing LPA and then acting like the shittier members there does nothing to prove your point.

EDIT: Oh hey this page isn't nearly as bad as the previous one. Oops. Oh well.

Anyway so how bout dat Burn it Down, eh? Can't wait to hear some snippets from it. How long will it be? I'm predicting 4 minutes, 27 seconds.

Album to be released on 26/06/2012 :)

GIVE UP YOUR SOURCE

Edited by SomedudeRemix