Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date

Mofamike

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Lighting Strike i found this on Youtube. Uploaded March 29, 2 days ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywD5zK_exWc

btw,

If all this is true i want my name in the Newswire, because this site never put my name when i find information ;)

I wouldn't count on that being real. Sounds like all the other fake clips of songs on YouTube. Besides, Lightening Strike is a cheesy title. I highly doubt LP would name all the songs on the album with these weird titles.

I wouldn't count on that being real. Sounds like all the other fake clips of songs on YouTube. Besides, Lightening Strike is a cheesy title. I highly doubt LP would name all the songs on the album with these weird titles.

Agree but is weird to me that the video have 2 days on youtube, and is the same name of the song of the post.

Where this people get the information ? fake or not is weird.

It's entertaining to me that you guys think that all of this information would leak 2.5 months prior to the album release.

Agreed. Like I said earlier, just because a single and one other track name have been confirmed now doesn't mean that more info/snippets will MAGICALLY start leaking. Why didn't this happen a week ago or more?

Also, based on those lyrics that were posted, "...if you do not like, simply...." sounds a bit 'lost in translation'. I would think that it would go more like, "if you don't like it...". Almost like whoever posted it came up with it in their language and translated it to English.

And, even if "Lightning Strike" was on YouTube first, then maybe the poster got it from YouTube, instead of the other way around....

The only things that could possibly leak right now are clips and snippets of Burn It Down. Nothing from the album will be leak until around the time of the album release. They haven't even chosen a album title yet.

I speak Spanish as well as English, so I took the trouble of translating the article the guy posted, just in case it might be real.

Here's what I got:

If anything is clear from this new material, it's that Linkin Park doesn't intend to return to the sound great success of their 2000 debut album, Hybrid Theory. However, although the guys continue their ventures into the world of electronica, they seem to be more inclined to experimenting on their 5th album, achieving a high level of musical quality while setting lyrical complexity aside.

The album begins with an introduction that slightly touches upon the sound of "A Thousand Suns." "Severium is the first song on the album, an instrumental that is representative of the album's overall sound and bears so similarities to "Session." "Noise Behind the Wall" begins with a great rap from MC Mike Shinoda, with incredible timing to recite the lines, "It's not a voice behind my head/It's sound like the noise behind the wall." "Burn it Down" is the strongest of the new material, with an intro featuring modified voices leading into an explosion of distorted guitars. A very strong melody in the style of "Somewhere I Belong" is featured in the chorus, as Shinoda and Bennington scream "Burn it down/Let it go." "Avengers of Another Time" is a powerful ballad and perhaps the track closest to the Nu Metal style of 2000. It has a melodic chorus and tremendous keyboard track. "Lost In The Echo" is a rap ballad that starts with a soft piano intro, but gains force with Mike Shinoda's rap, leading to a semi epic chorus, "Hey look at me/I'm just like you/I'm all you see/If you don't like/Simply fuck you."

"Lightning Strike" is an anthem with all the lyrics of a future classic, with simple, but ingenious lyrics and incredible piercing screams by Bennington, culimating with roars similar to those of the African savanna, which lead into the final track of the album, "Namibia." It is a song with different and changing rhythms, with similar percussion to "When They Come For Me", but more in the form of a ballad. The choruses are truly emotional and a great end to an album that seems to be a great payoff to a large risk from Linkin Park.

Edited by lakersfan13

I think it's normal that many of us can believe the first thing 'leaked' because we don't have much info about this new album, I don't believe anything of all those 'snippets' or 'clips' that floating in youtube or something like that, until start to hear the 'pieces' of 'Burn It Down' and see some footage in the LPTV's. The truth is that I don't believe in this supposed review, it's like this talking about Meteora and ATS.

Edited by MacGyver

I speak Spanish as well as English, so I took the trouble of translating the article the guy posted, just in case it might be real.

Here's what I got:

If anything is clear from this new material, it's that Linkin Park doesn't intend to return to the sound great success of their 2000 debut album, Hybrid Theory. However, although the guys continue their ventures into the world of electronica, they seem to be more inclined to experimenting on their 5th album, achieving a high level of musical quality while setting lyrical complexity aside.

The album begins with an introduction that slightly touches upon the sound of "A Thousand Suns." "Severium is the first song on the album, an instrumental that is representative of the album's overall sound and bears so similarities to "Session." "Noise Behind the Wall" begins with a great rap from MC Mike Shinoda, with incredible timing to recite the lines, "It's not a voice behind my head/It's sound like the noise behind the wall." "Burn it Down" is the strongest of the new material, with an intro featuring modified voices leading into an explosion of distorted guitars. A very strong melody in the style of "Somewhere I Belong" is featured in the chorus, as Shinoda and Bennington scream "Burn it down/Let it go." "Avengers of Another Time" is a powerful ballad and perhaps the track closest to the Nu Metal style of 2000. It has a melodic chorus and tremendous keyboard track. "Lost In The Echo" is a rap ballad that starts with a soft piano intro, but gains force with Mike Shinoda's rap, leading to a semi epic chorus, "Hey look at me/I'm just like you/I'm all you see/If you don't like/Simply fuck you."

"Lightning Strike" is an anthem with all the lyrics of a future classic, with simple, but ingenious lyrics and incredible piercing screams by Bennington, culimating with roars similar to those of the African savanna, which lead into the final track of the album, "Namibia." It is a song with different and changing rhythms, with similar percussion to "When They Come For Me", but more in the form of a ballad. The choruses are truly emotional and a great end to an album that seems to be a great payoff to a large risk from Linkin Park.

Like most of you, I think the article is fake. There's just something telling me it is. And it's more than just my heart wanting to believe it's fake. I think it's also some common sense things. "Burn It Down/Let it go."? Gee, that sounds a little close to "Lift me up, Let me go." And the lyrics given for Lost In The Echo are just....yea...horrible. Even if some things were lost in translation, It's just....bad. Finally, Lightning Strike is just a lame/strange title (stranger/lamer than Robot Boy). Also, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a full album review, but it only goes over 7 tracks. I think it's a safe bet there will be more than 7 tracks on the album.

With all this said, I don't want to totally discount the article just based on the track names. After all, I remember having doubts about the track listing for ATS when it was announced and that ended up being real. When you take everything into account though, I believe there's a good chance this is fake.

Like most of you, I think the article is fake. There's just something telling me it is. And it's more than just my heart wanting to believe it's fake. I think it's also some common sense things. "Burn It Down/Let it go."? Gee, that sounds a little close to "Lift me up, Let me go." And the lyrics given for Lost In The Echo are just....yea...horrible. Even if some things were lost in translation, It's just....bad. Finally, Lightning Strike is just a lame/strange title (stranger/lamer than Robot Boy). Also, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a full album review, but it only goes over 7 tracks. I think it's a safe bet there will be more than 7 tracks on the album.

With all this said, I don't want to totally discount the article just based on the track names. After all, I remember having doubts about the track listing for ATS when it was announced and that ended up being real. When you take everything into account though, I believe there's a good chance this is fake.

I also think it's fake but before ATS, a radio station released descriptions of six tracks, this is just like that but 7 tracks. I still think its fake tho

I also think it's fake but before ATS, a radio station released descriptions of six tracks, this is just like that but 7 tracks. I still think its fake tho

I think I remember that. Wasn't it a radio station in the UK?

Second thought, maybe french.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

I think I remember that. Wasn't it a radio station in the UK?

Second thought, maybe french.

I don't remember where the radio station was from, but UK does sound right, i'm not sure tho, but they released info about six of the songs on ATS. still this one is probably fake

That article has to be fake. I don't think any band would put out an album this short unless it was an EP. Unless they've turned into a prog band and every song is 5-10+ minutes long XD.

Read:

To the folks claiming it's too early for this album information, the 6-track preview article for A Thousand Suns did come out a month and a half prior to the release. I'm certainly not saying that this new article is real, but it's not TOO farfetched that information would be revealed so ahead of schedule.

Speaking of which those lyrics for "Lost in the Echo" are just abysmal. They make Somewhere I Belong's chorus look good. And am I the only one who likes the idea of a song called "Lightning Strike"? Sure it sounds different, but very vibrant and intriguing as well.

To the folks claiming it's too early for this album information, the 6-track preview article for A Thousand Suns did come out a month and a half prior to the release. I'm certainly not saying that this new article is real, but it's not TOO farfetched that information would be revealed so ahead of schedule.

Speaking of which those lyrics for "Lost in the Echo" are just abysmal. They make Somewhere I Belong's chorus look good. And am I the only one who likes the idea of a song called "Lightning Strike"? Sure it sounds different, but very vibrant and intriguing as well.

Nope, I like the name Lightning Strike as well, sound awesome and sounds like it would have lots of energy if i is/ was real. The name i really like tho and hope is real is Noise Behind the Wall. Edited by Bliss

"If you don't like/Simply fuck you.""

Hahaha, oh wow.

Yeah it sounds odd. Nothing was lost in translation either, although it could've just been transcribed incorrectly to begin with.

Of course, that's assuming that this article is even real, but I figured I might as well translate it anyways, just in case.