Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

Another question :

I remember listening to live performance (probably from 2000-2003).It had a intro which Joe played,and in the end it had a "YOU CANNOT F*CK WITH THIS BAND!" sample :D Does anyone know what show that is from ?

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question :

I remember listening to live performance (probably from 2000-2003).It had a intro which Joe played,and in the end it had a "YOU CANNOT F*CK WITH THIS BAND!" sample :D Does anyone know what show that is from ?

Joe played that sample on a lot of shows during that era.

Another question :

It's from the intro track on Violent Femmes' "Add It Up: 1981-1993" compilation album.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Add_It_Up_%28...E2%80%931993%29

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have no clue on the newer Living Things picks with the faces on them.

That's definitely Brad. If you look at the LT artwork, they released a picture like that for each band member and that is Brad's pic. Chester is actually the picture on the LPU12 album cover for example.

there was DSP on LP.com that they stopped selling? i remember i've read that somewhere, but i'm not sure.

There have been ones listed that haven't been released, if that's what you mean. I don't know if any were for sale and then removed completely.

Stuff has happened like Pomona 2009 was for sale at the merch booth (not online) as a live CD and was never put online because the power outage corrupted the show. We at least got the pictures though that were going in the DSP. Berlin 2012 was listed and removed due to it being shown in theaters. WJL was removed from Tampa and Sunrise 2011 after it was released in the shows already. They re-edited them and removed WJL.

I don't know anything else though.

There have been ones listed that haven't been released, if that's what you mean. I don't know if any were for sale and then removed completely.

Stuff has happened like Pomona 2009 was for sale at the merch booth (not online) as a live CD and was never put online because the power outage corrupted the show. We at least got the pictures though that were going in the DSP. Berlin 2012 was listed and removed due to it being shown in theaters. WJL was removed from Tampa and Sunrise 2011 after it was released in the shows already. They re-edited them and removed WJL.

I don't know anything else though.

thanks for the info, that explain why it was blurry memory.

the pictures from Pomona DSP are the same as the pictures in the Show Page?

Does anyone have any pictures from the Mountain View 2004 show? Mainly of Chester if possible. I know there are a ton of misc live photos from PR 04 on lptimes gallery but I don't know what shows are what.

Pez - the Numb pic of what you are looking for can be found in the Sao Paulo broadcast.

Thanks! I'm yet to go through a bunch of Proshots from 2010 onwards to see what I can get. Ive gotten a fair amount so far too :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at the live songs officially released by LP page and I noticed a few performances are noted as unknown performances. My December from Songs From The Underground, as well as Lying From You from the Faint single. I was wondering if anyone has ever discovered what shows these are from. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Geki

As far as I know, no, that song was never recorded. Same goes for Beer and a Cigarette (I'm guessing you found the song by Hanoi Rocks with the same title, not the same track though).

I can still not find Dark Lover, but I found a studio version of Beer And A Cigarette. Took me years of digging and searching to find this when it was right in front of my face the whole time.

http://www.amazon.com/Beer-N-A-Cigarette/dp/B0036YD1JY

Studio version of Beer And A Cigarette. It's pronounced ''Beer 'N' A Cigarette'', maybe that is how it was supposed to be pronounced all along in the BOW sets. Also, you can tell just by the preview that this is the song played with BOW, not the Hanoi Rocks version. Very interesting. It's not on iTunes or anywhere else except this one link. I want to find out more about the origin of this release. Knowing this is out there, from 1989, I bet Dark Lover is out there somewhere too. I would totally pay for Dark Lover like I did with this song, or even the whole CD to be honest. It's a great song, and I actually can figure out some of the lyrics now.

I can still not find Dark Lover, but I found a studio version of Beer And A Cigarette. Took me years of digging and searching to find this when it was right in front of my face the whole time.

http://www.amazon.com/Beer-N-A-Cigarette/dp/B0036YD1JY

Studio version of Beer And A Cigarette. It's pronounced ''Beer 'N' A Cigarette'', maybe that is how it was supposed to be pronounced all along in the BOW sets. Also, you can tell just by the preview that this is the song played with BOW, not the Hanoi Rocks version. Very interesting. It's not on iTunes or anywhere else except this one link. I want to find out more about the origin of this release. Knowing this is out there, from 1989, I bet Dark Lover is out there somewhere too. I would totally pay for Dark Lover like I did with this song, or even the whole CD to be honest. It's a great song, and I actually can figure out some of the lyrics now.

Awesome find Geki! I distinctly remember searching for this a while back and coming up with a "Cheezboy" album from the late '80s, but it only had one track on it. The full thing must have been added to Amazon/iTunes (it IS on iTunes as well) within the last few months.

Also, Dark Lover isn't actually a Cheez song. He introduces it as "a song by our friend Geoffrey (Jeffrey?) Moses" at the Lake Forest show. No luck finding anything about him so far.

Awesome find Geki! I distinctly remember searching for this a while back and coming up with a "Cheezboy" album from the late '80s, but it only had one track on it. The full thing must have been added to Amazon/iTunes (it IS on iTunes as well) within the last few months.

Also, Dark Lover isn't actually a Cheez song. He introduces it as "a song by our friend Geoffrey (Jeffrey?) Moses" at the Lake Forest show. No luck finding anything about him so far.

I tried to search for Dark Lover, and I also tried searching for Geoffrey/Jeffrey Moses but I couldn't find anything. Oh well. I wish we could get some more info on Bucket Of Weenies and rips. I know I'm like the only LP fan that still cares about them, but I just love the way they covered the songs and the way they made them sound. There has to be some way I could get pro-shot or full bootlegs. Someone out there has to have them. I know Etnies recorded the 2006 show. I would pay money for these but I have no idea how to even contact anyone about it. Chester, Ryan and Sean probably don't know anything about it and I have no idea how to even contact Mike Rousse or Cheezboy.

Here is the video of how I know that Etnies has the full BOW show.

Edited by Geki

wow I'm actually surprised how old the Beer and Cigarette song is. We need to fix the song name sometime.

I guess I never watched this video with the proshot footage before. Pretty tricky where to start looking for it.

Geki, you are definitely not the only person that cares abot BOW. I really like the covers too but the whole BOW thing is pretty much a dead end. They havent played in over 7 years and there are not many recordings because not a lot of people knew who they were. We are actually VERY lucky to have what we have even though most of it was recorded by a crazy fan.