Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

Wow, thanks for this list! Really helped a lot. He has mixed so many things that I didn't know about. I wonder if he mixed the LPU7 CD because it sounds way different than the DSP rips of the performances. Also, I think he may have done Crawling and Hunger Strike from Songs From The Underground.. Maybe all the live tracks included on the LP singles from the What I've Done single onwards? Pooch and Dylan are awesome mixers, I love their stuff too, I just prefer Ethan's mixes. I loved the Fuse rip of MSG..

My problem with the Fuse broadcast of MSG is that it makes the crowd sound so quiet. Surely it was louder in there haha. But the pit wasn't doing anything at all! I really don't like it when the crowd sits still. The energy levels really affect the band...like in Germany the band talks a fuck ton more during the shows because the place is blowing up the entire show. Mike in Uncasville demanding people to stand up was just embarrassing, lol.

Pooch and Dylan did the LPU 7 CD. Those songs were just taken from the DSP sources and I guess they were all mixed together seamlessly (not sure who did that). They do sound different to me too (I agree with you) so maybe they mixed them DIFFERENTLY for that release, but those 2 people are credited on the LPU 7 CD instead of Ethan.

Ethan has really solid stuff. From The Inside and Faint from 2006 are just epic. All of the 2006 live songs he did are A+...the band sounded GREAT that year, especially Chester, but the mix of all 6 members was flawless. Great job by him. I haven't heard BID/LGM from the CASTLE OF GLASS EP (+ whatever other release they were on) yet.

I'm not sure about Crawling and Hunger Strike on Songs From The Underground. That is worth taking a look into. I know Pooch mixed My December on that release so it wouldn't surprise me if Pooch did the other 2 as well. We still need to figure out what show that version of My December came from. There aren't that many options...should be like 20 or something.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with the Fuse broadcast of MSG is that it makes the crowd sound so quiet. Surely it was louder in there haha. But the pit wasn't doing anything at all! I really don't like it when the crowd sits still. The energy levels really affect the band...like in Germany the band talks a fuck ton more during the shows because the place is blowing up the entire show. Mike in Uncasville demanding people to stand up was just embarrassing, lol.

Pooch and Dylan did the LPU 7 CD. Those songs were just taken from the DSP sources and I guess they were all mixed together seamlessly (not sure who did that). They do sound different to me too (I agree with you) so maybe they mixed them DIFFERENTLY for that release, but those 2 people are credited on the LPU 7 CD instead of Ethan.

Ethan has really solid stuff. From The Inside and Faint from 2006 are just epic. All of the 2006 live songs he did are A+...the band sounded GREAT that year, especially Chester, but the mix of all 6 members was flawless. Great job by him. I haven't heard BID/LGM from the CASTLE OF GLASS EP (+ whatever other release they were on) yet.

I'm not sure about Crawling and Hunger Strike on Songs From The Underground. That is worth taking a look into. I know Pooch mixed My December on that release so it wouldn't surprise me if Pooch did the other 2 as well. We still need to figure out what show that version of My December came from. There aren't that many options...should be like 20 or something.

I was at the MSG show, and yes, the crowd was DEFINITELY louder than what was heard on the webcast. Haha. The crowd was going off, Chester even said after From The Inside; ''Man, you guys are fucking going off so hard down here, that I'm freaking out!! I need to calm the fuck down!''. Not sure why the crowd was turned down so much. The crowd also went nuts on Blackout at this show for some reason. Haha. Maybe why they picked it as a live track for the BITS single. I agree with you about Uncasville, too. I was also there front row, as you already know, and the crowd really was weak. Out of the 14 LP shows I have been to, Uncasville was a weak one for sure. I think the worst was Syracuse 2007, though. Uncasville comes in 2nd.

But yeah, I've been dying to know for YEARS what show My December was from. If I still had all the 2008 DSP's on my computer, I would try and figure it out. I originally thought it was Paris 2008, but I could be wrong. I probably am. I can't remember.

Wow, thanks for this list! Really helped a lot. He has mixed so many things that I didn't know about. I wonder if he mixed the LPU7 CD because it sounds way different than the DSP rips of the performances. Also, I think he may have done Crawling and Hunger Strike from Songs From The Underground.. Maybe all the live tracks included on the LP singles from the What I've Done single onwards? Pooch and Dylan are awesome mixers, I love their stuff too, I just prefer Ethan's mixes. I loved the Fuse rip of MSG..

Crawling (which was actually an mp3 download on the LPU website)/Hunger Strike were done by Pooch. Those both come from the Burgettstown 2008 show. Those 2 songs were actually supposed to be released as a Chris Cornell/Linkin Park "double-A side" radio single, but that wound up not happening because of some record label-related issues.

• 3 weeks later...

from which show This version? this is the same version as the iTunes Live Single?

this is not similar to any of the other "officially releases":

Let Down Single - Hamburg 07.10.2009 - 04:51

Lala.com Shop - Las Vegas 04.07.2009 - 03:49

KROQ AAC 2009 - Universal City 12.12.2009 - 04:45

Edited by Skipees

from which show This version? this is the same version as the iTunes Live Single?

this is not similar to any of the other "officially releases":

Let Down Single - Hamburg 07.10.2009 - 04:51

Lala.com Shop - Las Vegas 04.07.2009 - 03:49

KROQ AAC 2009 - Universal City 12.12.2009 - 4:45

That's the ReAct Now performance from 2005.

All the officially released acoustic songs are from Las Vegas 2009.

I was wondering today if the Morning After Remix was actually remixed from the song that was released later on OOA or if this is a different "session" entirely?

To add something to the Ethan conversation, I think he also did the Rio+Social.

-Mike and Mark decide to start making music after seeing an Anthrax/Public Enemy concert in the early '90s (BTW - I think I figured out the date of this show! October 10th, 1991 at the Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center in Oakland, CA), and they form a band together a few years later.

I never knew mike shinoda has been to oakland before makes me proud to live there lol :)

Btw has Linkin Park ever performed in Oakland Ca?

Edited by daroker510

I was wondering today if the Morning After Remix was actually remixed from the song that was released later on OOA or if this is a different "session" entirely?

It sounds like it's based off the same recording to me.

All the officially released acoustic songs are from Las Vegas 2009.

impossible:

Released: Jan 1, 2009

there's only one show between ReAct and 01.01.2009 and it's Tempe 10.05.2008, but there's no Let Down.

My bad, it's not the 2005 version, but it IS Las Vegas 2009. You can put any release date you want on a song you upload to Myspace, the fact that the listed release date is before the Las Vegas show means nothing.

Edited by Astat

It sounds like it's based off the same recording to me.

Yeah, most of the demoing and writing and some recording was done in early 2006 for DBS, and the remix came out online around December 2005 and was released in January 2006 on the Underworld Evolution Soundtrack before anywhere else. I bet it was the same vocal recording considering a lot of DBS work was done in 2005/2006 and not in 2008. Chester actually wrote 3 new songs in 2008 for the album that weren't originally on there, Condemned, Inside Of Me and he re-worked Fire completely because they wanted some big ''rock'' sounding songs. Chester also said in August 2009 that Out Of Ashes originally was going to be a 10 song album, but with the addition of those 3 songs, it ended up being 12. Morning After was going to be on the main album and Fire was going to not be on the album. Pretty interesting.

I remember this question awhile back but I'm too lazy too search for it...

What sampling pad does Brad use on songs like LGM?

It's a Native Instruments Maschine. I've seen some people say it's the Maschine Mikro but I don't think it is. The Mikro is more rectangular, the regular version is basically square.

I can confirm it's the Native, since they had it out at the LPU Summit in Camden for us to check out. We couldn't touch it but we could get right up close to it. They have tape on some of the pads on it that say like "LGM" etc, lol

Back in 2006, LPA posted the version of Qwerty (Live) from LPU6 months before LPU6 came out. However, there was more talking after the song ended, which was cut from LPU6. Anyone know how LPA got this rip? Where did it come from? I remember back in 2006 people were saying that Mike posted it anonymously, but I could be wrong.

Back in 2006, LPA posted the version of Qwerty (Live) from LPU6 months before LPU6 came out. However, there was more talking after the song ended, which was cut from LPU6. Anyone know how LPA got this rip? Where did it come from?

if you're talking about This, it's from LP-Russia i guess.

Edited by Skipees

I have another question as well, has anyone ever figured out what show this is from?

Faint Single

- Lying From You (LP Underground Tour 2003 - unknown show)

I know it was easy to recently discover what show My December from Songs Of The Underground was, but that was because we had all the DSP's for the tour. I do realize that it would be very hard to almost impossible to find out which show this LFY is from, but maybe someone has?

I have another question as well, has anyone ever figured out what show this is from?

Faint Single

- Lying From You (LP Underground Tour 2003 - unknown show)

I know it was easy to recently discover what show My December from Songs Of The Underground was, but that was because we had all the DSP's for the tour. I do realize that it would be very hard to almost impossible to find out which show this LFY is from, but maybe someone has?

i already tried to figure it out, but it's not from any circulated source from this tour (i don't remember if there are uncirculated sources).

i already tried to figure it out, but it's not from any circulated source from this tour (i don't remember if there are uncirculated sources).

I like to think it would be from either Hamburg or Worcester, because we have From The Inside and Easier To Run from the LPU tour from those shows. They included OSC from Detroit as well, but we all know it's not from Detroit.

I like to think it would be from either Hamburg or Worcester, because we have From The Inside and Easier To Run from the LPU tour from those shows. They included OSC from Detroit as well, but we all know it's not from Detroit.

No, we don't. We don't have "Lying From You" from this show.

The setlist for the MTV broadcast is:

01. Session

02. Don't Stay

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. Papercut

05. Points Of Authority

06. Crawling

07. In The End

08. Faint

09. From The Inside

10. A Place For My Head

11. One Step Closer

The first time I downloaded the Faint single, "Lying From You" was labeled as being from Detroit. But I guess there's no way to know if this is true. Edited by lpliveusername

Back in 2006, LPA posted the version of Qwerty (Live) from LPU6 months before LPU6 came out. However, there was more talking after the song ended, which was cut from LPU6. Anyone know how LPA got this rip? Where did it come from? I remember back in 2006 people were saying that Mike posted it anonymously, but I could be wrong.

They got it from the same source that leaked Remember the Name in 2005. That's about all that can be said.