23.06.2011 - Moscow, Russia - Transformers 3 Premiere

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet as... had a feeling this would be the live debut of the new version of Iridescent. May end up being the only time it is ever played live... guess that will depend on reaction/response to the performance.

Did anyone else get the email about this? Think it was just sent within the last half hour. Looks like they may be doing something really special production/staging/lighting wise... Apparently Michael Bay even got involved!

Sounds like it is going to be one hell of a gig, including the setlist. Really wish I was going!

Edit: Ha! You beat me to it Thomas!

Edited by Narc85

This is definitely an interesting setlist IMO, some thoughts:

- Generally speaking, ND is a great song with a hell of a lot of energy but it makes a weird opener. Though considering its the Transformers 3 Premiere it seems to be a good move, esp for the crowd at this particular show.

- Have you actually looked at the beginning of the set? This could be one of the hardest starts ever I think. See: ND -> Papercut -> Given Up -> Faint -> WTCFM -> NMS ; Given Up into Faint alone is ridiculous! Not sure if that's ever been done but on paper it looks incredible!

- Middle of the set calms down, relatively at least: WFTE -> Numb -> The Radiance (idk why but I love how the Oppenheimer speech and Catalyst vocals jive here) -> BTH

- Crawling into OSC seems like it would end a main setlist IMO. I can't see OSC not closing the main setlist for some reason. I personally think that the main set would end here (if there is an encore break) instead of ITE (which, doesn't seem to have the energy of a closing song despite the name of the song). I'm pretty sure Fallout -> Catalyst has opened encores before on this tour cycle but then again it is the premiere show so Iridescent could open up an encore (if there is one since they have done shows recently w/o breaks).

- If WJ & L opens up an encore, you have two of the three Transformers singles back to back at the end of the set (Iridescent -> WID) while the other one opens the show (ND).

- I agree w/ Mark's initial post about how its a 'pretty interesting setlist'. Has OSC ever been in the middle of a set instead of opening a show/closing a main set/closing an encore?

---> I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before, but will this show have a DSP or is this the only one on the tour that won't? I bet there will be people recording the intro and when they play Iridescent, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what it sounds/sounded like without the standard crowd distortion.

Wow, very interesting set. I just woke up and saw the main post and thought they had already played! Crazy how somebody got the setlist that early. I thought the only show there would be no DSP for is the iTunes Festival.