16.06.2011 - Helsinki, Finland

Show six has arrived! Helsinki, Finland will host Linkin Park at the Kaisaniemi Park on the 16th. This is the first Projekt Revolution show in Europe since the famous Milton Keynes show in 2008 (show page here). This show marks the return of Projekt Revolution to Europe after a three year gap. In 2008, the band hosted the festival with three shows in Germany and one in the UK. This year, Finland starts it off, with three to follow in Germany over the course of this tour. Die Antwoord, Middle Class Rut, and Dredg are on the bill for the Helsinki show.

This will be the third Linkin Park show in Finland, with the first coming in Seinäjoki, Finland in 2008 at the Provinssirock Festival (show page here). This is the show where Mike said he saw a sign in the crowd saying "Hands Held High", so he rapped verse one of it a cappella. This later on became a staple in the set for the next year as he rapped it over the 'KRWLNG' into to 'Crawling' and then started doing both verses in the set as well. Their second show in Finland came in Pori in 2009 for their first Sonisphere Festival show ever (show page here). LP played in Knebworth, UK for Sonisphere later in that tour and will be returning to play it in Imola, Italy on this tour this year.

At the last show in Stockholm (show page here), LP changed the set from the first four shows of the summer and played a variation of their B13 setlist from the North American Tour earlier in the year. The only noticeable change in this set is how they swapped 'Blackout' for 'Burning In The Skies'. Here's a video of 'The Requiem' and 'Faint' opening the show in Stockholm. Look at the crowd!

So with the return of B13 in Stockholm, we know the band is changing it up this summer. This brings up a lot of questions like - Will 'Blackout' return this year? B13 was the only set they were still playing (since B11, 'Blackout' in the encore, was dropped) that had the song in it. What other sets will LP play? Will they play their new variation of A-1 (with 'Papercut' and 'Wretches & Kings' opening)? Or will 'Wretches & Kings' remain off the tour for this year? What do you think? Are there any songs you'd like to see in the set that they aren't playing right now? What do you guys think of the Stockholm show from the videos you've seen?

Who is headed to Helsinki from LPLive? Will anyone be live-tweeting the setlist, perhaps? Does anyone have a M&G with the band? Or better yet, a flag? We saw in Stockholm that the band had a flag on stage for the first time since the Houston show in March! Nice!

Pooch says that the DSP's will be up from the first few shows starting in a day or so, so check here for those.

After an off day, the next show takes place in Leipzig, Germany for the second Projekt Revolution show of the year on the 18th. All of the 2011 tour dates can be found here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Faint

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. No More Sorrow

07. From The Inside

08. Jornada Del Muerto

09. Waiting For The End

10. Burning In The Skies

11. Numb

12. The Radiance (Live Version)

13. Iridescent

14. Fallout

15. The Catalyst

16. Shadow Of The Day

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (w/ 'A Place For My Head' verse 1 + bridge)

---------------------

19. Empty Spaces

20. When They Come For Me

21. Papercut

22. New Divide

23. Crawling

24. One Step Closer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm really hoping for some good new stuff for PR this summer. In Germany we've had some of the sets already last year during ATS-World Tour, and for real, what did change in those except for a very few songs…?

I'd love to see something really special after the Summit in HH. The crowd would completely freak for somewhat like Figure.09 or Don't Stay or what ever else great song we haven't heard in a while. Even something like Pushing Me Away, which I guess Rob mentioned once in an interview (?), or My December would be amazing.

What I really happen to notice every time I see LP play live/watching LP live videos is how Brad changed his way of playing. He sure moves around the stage but kind of in a different way than he did a few years ago. It's not bad, really, but it's different and it looks a little less excited, so to say.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to the Summit in HH and who knows… Maybe all of us will be excited tomorrow already, when we have the first revolutionary setlist ;)

Oh, by the way, didn't you guys have a list of all the setlist used since ATS somewhere? I searched for it a few days ago, but couldn't really find, so a link would be quite nice :)

By the way about 4th LPU summit.

I've seen many many covers on the song In the end (acoustic) on youtube.

and it's would be great if Linkin Park on the 4th LPU summit in Hamburg perform the song In the end on the acoustic guitar. I think it would be exclusive for the same LPU summit.

What do you think about it ?

- I'm sorry may it's offtop. :)

Hell no, A1 already was the setlist for the last german tour, it would fucking suck if they play it again :/

Agreed, saw that one already!

Thanks, man! :)

EDIT:

@navabaca: They always do that, with Wretches and Kings, as well as with Papercut after the The Requiem-Intro ;)

Edited by Silvano_D

EDIT:

@navabaca: They always do that, with Wretches and Kings, as well as with Papercut after the The Requiem-Intro ;)

As you see on the setlist yesterday Papercut doesn´t always follow The Requiem :P

about the Hamburg show:

I think a Summit for itself is enough special for the Hamburg audience, give them one of the known setlists and something special for the other shows of PR :lol:

I was just thinking the other day, that it would be really easy to spice the setlists up a bit. For example, Mike could include his awesome verse of the Get Busy Committee Remix into "Wretches & Kings". Also, they could just take any old song and make an acoustic version out of it, like they did with "Pushing me Away". Or they could remix an old song so that it sounds a bit fresher, kind of like making an "A Thousand Suns" version out of it. Everybody would freak out if they did something like this, especially as after the ATS World Tour and North American Tour things are getting kinda old.

The comment sections under every tour date post are identical, it really is comical at this point. They aren't going to play a different set folks, they just aren't. No Figure .09, no Don't Stay, no POA, etc. It's just not happening. I wish they would switch things up like every one else, but at this point it seems fairly apparent that they won't.