16.06.2011 - Helsinki, Finland

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, simply why not to add Breaking the Habit in set and make it 25-songs set..

Because BTH has been played at almost every show since it was first incorporated into the setlist in 2003 and it's a GOOD thing it's taking a break. Dropping singles is a GREAT thing.

People are like ZOMG WHERE IS SOMEWHERE I BELONG on this tour but if SIB was indeed in the set they'd be all like OMG SIB IS ALWAYS PLAYED, PLZ DROP IT, OMG. Happens with every single they try and rotate. Fuck, even SOTD gets dropped and people are like "But I loooooooove SOTD :(" Happened with LOATR, SIB, POA, everything.

Dropping SOTD, LOATR, SIB, POA, BTH is a good thing for me. I'd rather hear something different. I mean I know the set now doesn't have anything different in there but this is better than nothing. I've seen BTH at every LP show I've ever seen so I can take a break from seeing it. I'd be the happiest man in the world if they dropped Numb.

Dropping singles is the first step in getting other stuff in there. I am so glad LP is actually getting tired of playing certain songs. I thought that'd never come with how many singles they actually play lol. BTH, SOTD, LOATR, SIB and POA disappearing is a great thing in my opinion even though I mean I like every single one of those songs, but I'd LOVE them to play something we DON'T have a DSP of.

Reading My Eyes, A Place For My Head (again, even though we have DSPs, face it - people fucking love that song, me included), Figure.09, With You, Forgotten, By Myself, Hit The Floor, Easier To Run, Nobody's Listening. Anything like that would just be epic and even though it's unlikely right now, you never know, and in my opinion LP dropping singles from the set randomly is the first step in getting there. Plus, it's not like they really are getting rid of BTH, it's in every set but one and people are flipping shit. Come on, it's had a million different intros and outros and it's time it takes a break.

My opinion is, they have to play their best stuff, not the singles. If the singles are the best stuff, let's play singles. Of course they have to play songs from the album they are touring, but the rest of the songs should be their best songs, and not just the singles. The thing is, the singles are not the best songs Linkin Park have. I mean dropping Points of Authority when it became one of the best songs played in the Minutes to Midnight cycle with all the intros and outros? I will never understand why are they playing some songs and not playing others. I really don't understand why are they playing these setlists when they could be so much better and awesome

Chester said in a finnish interview that he doesn't want to play Runaway or Breaking The Habit EVER again. He said there are also some demo songs he doesn't like at all. They asked him if there's any material they don't want to play anymore now after their 4th record. I knew Chester hated Runaway but didn't know about Breaking The Habit. I understand him though, he's been singing it forever Source (it's in finnish) http://dome.fi/musiikki/haastattelut/haast...ontaa-virheensa

EDIT: Translated quote "Runaway and Breaking The Habit. Hehehee ... Quite obvious choices for songs, which we never play. In addition, we don't want to play some non-album tracks or demo versions. We've done music that we do not want to play anymore.... Yes, I can admit that."

Edited by Jani

Chester said in a finnish interview that he doesn't want to play Runaway or Breaking The Habit EVER again. He said there are also some demo songs he doesn't like at all. They asked him if there's any material they don't want to play anymore now after their 4th record. I knew Chester hated Runaway but didn't know about Breaking The Habit. I understand him though, he's been singing it forever Source (it's in finnish) http://dome.fi/musiikki/haastattelut/haast...ontaa-virheensa

Wow...kind of a shock! I knew about Runaway, but I never would have imagined he didn't like BTH at all out of all the old LP songs. Guess it's safe to say the song is retired now?

here's the setlist

The Requiem

Faint

Lying From You

Given Up

What I've Done

No More Sorrow

From the Inside

Jornada del Muerto

Waiting for the End

Burning in the Skies

Numb

The Radiance

Iridescent

Fallout

The Catalyst

Shadow of the Day

In the End

Bleed It Out

Encore:

Empty Spaces

When They Come for Me

Papercut

New Divide

Crawling

One Step Closer

Source: http://www.voice.fi/index.php?mw=Linkin%20...27317&cat=1

EDIT: Some kickass photos here http://www.voice.fi/index.php?mw=Linkin%20...27318&cat=1

Edited by Jani

EDIT: Translated quote "Runaway and Breaking The Habit. Hehehee ... Quite obvious choices for songs, which we never play. In addition, we don't want to play some non-album tracks or demo versions. We've done music that we do not want to play anymore.... Yes, I can admit that."

i official hate every setlist ever now, i dont care if they added a rare song like With You in a set i would still hate it, BTH is the only song that NEEDS to be in every set

I think No More Sorrow should be drop. instead of this, include Valentines day or something.

to have an even slower setlist.. allright lol

i am glad BTH got dropped, i hope they will drop SOTD once and for all soon, worked very well at the festivals... and yes its really sad that band members think this about a couple songs (chaz with runaway too)

but dont replace that for VDay lol better put in some old school shit instead if NMS should be replaced..

I'm just looking at things realistically.

What of the old school, we can hear is really ?:

- SIB, POA, maybe P5hng me aw*y, My December if only in December ;) .

half of songs from HT Chester hates. From Meteora what we can hear ?:

don't stay ? now it's unreal I think.

easier to run ?

F09 ?

Honestly, I can understand the guys. I don't know how many shows they played since the release of Meteora but it were easily over 500 and playing the same song every night just makes you sick. At least I can understand it for Breaking The Habit but I don't know why Chester hates Runaway...

If I had to sing Runaway every night, I'd hate it too. This song is one of my least favourite LP songs, the chorus is so boring lol.

Quite a bit shocked about Breaking The Habit though. I always thought he liked that song, but oh well... Shadow Of The Day needs to get dropped!

Being realistic we could hear EVERYTHING. The problem is they don't want to play it, but there's no other reason why any other song isn't played

This.

Come on, there's 6 people in this band that totally think differently. If Chester doesn't like OSC or ITE like he did in 2000, do you think that matters? Or if he doesn't like Runaway? 6 people all have different ideas of what they like and don't like and they all have to come together and agree on SOMETHING to do live. I'm sure there's songs in the set right now that each person hates to play live. Maybe Phoenix hates Numb or Chester hates BTH like he said or Brad hates Lying From You. I'm sure starting with their first setlist ever they were arguing about what to play because face it, there's no way all 6 of them agree perfectly on what to play. If each member was to make their own setlist I'm sure it'd be TOTALLY different. But LP still plays stuff because they have to have some sort of setlist but it seems the general consensus among the band is:

- Play the singles (as many as possible) because most of the fans at shows want to hear those (came directly from Mike's mouth from an LPU chat)

- Play the new stuff (likely they all want to play the new songs because they're fun - WTCFM, Blackout, etc)

- Don't play non-album / b-side stuff. The only two tracks we got like that were High Voltage and My December and that is because LP rose to success so damn fast that they had to have more material to play live because they suddenly had one commercially released album and had to headline tours and 12,000 person venues. This is probably why Step Up and And One were in there, along with the fact that they probably liked one or two of those songs lol.

- Occasionally play something random that they like - My December in 2003/2006/2008, Reading My Eyes in 2006/2008, A Place For My Head in 2008, Pushing Me Away in 2008. They randomly play a few things here and there that don't fit the above formula - probably because one or two members say "hey, let's try something old like RME" or "hey, let's do APFMH again for the hell of it, why not" etc. But this likely won't happen for all the songs we want to hear like Figure.09, With You, etc. I bet they stick with these North American sets the rest of the year and we won't see anything "random" like By Myself or anything until the full fledged next big tour for the NEXT album (Projekt Revolution?).

That's just how I see it anyway.

I'm starting to think that all the songs that are no longer played from HT, Meteora, MTM and some stuff of ATS are all songs that the band doesn't like. Chester also said he doesn't like their b-sides and demos, so I'm assuming all stuff from LPU which are all great songs...

HT: With You, Points, Runaway, By Myself, APFMH, Forgotten, CFTI, PMA

Meteora: Don't Stay, SIB, HTF, ETR, Figure, BTH (Now), Nobody's Listening, Session

MTM: HHH, Valentine's Day, In Between, In Pieces, The Little Things

ATS: Robot Boy, Blackout (Hasn't been played in a while), W&K (Hasn't been played in a while)

I doubt Chester hates The Messenger because he wrote it for his kids but who knows. That's a lot of tracks that a lot of hardcore LP fans love....