Instrumental Song

roni781

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a nice little melody which gets repetitive while still progressing. for a instrumental, it's not bad but overall it's just a piano with a delay/chorus-guitar and a good amount of reverb. something other "smaller" bands have on their albums for quite a few years (refering to the moody atmosphere here).

overall: sounds good :)

this video must be a LPU exclussive....

Uhh...why? It's a promo for Pro Tools 8, it serves absolutely NO PURPOSE as an LPU video.

And just the fact that they used this song in this video pretty much guarantees that it WON'T be on the album and that we'll probably never hear the full thing. Warner would never let LP give people a preview of anything that had the slightest chance of making the album this early in the process.

Ladies and gentlemen, we now have 2008/9's "Grecian." People will talk about it and wish for the full thing for years to come, and it'll probably never happen.

Edited by Astat

I'm sure this won't be on the album, they made the song in only one day (it looks like), just for pro-tools. Mike: "Today I'm just doing a little track just to bassicly play around with the new pro-tools. Sounds awesome though, but I don't think you should count this in.

Also, I like the ending of it with the distorted guitar being added. Which would be the chorus if it was made into a song. "...grow bigger to like a chorus kind a thing and then done."

Edited by Fleur de Lys

Its a really great instrumental, i like it

But there is a question that comes in ma head when i ask maself (And im MAYBE wrong...maybe not) but...what if this is not a new LP song for the new album and the instrumental is jus for promotion for ProTools8? Yes i know that rob helped mike with the track a lil but doesn't make me think or say that its FULLY LP. I would love to see this on the new album (Maybe addin a lil more into it like vocals and makin it longer) bt its the question that stops me.

Just a thought, What does every1 else think of the question? Thoughts?

Ops, i agree with you too.

It could be just a instrumental to promote it.

btw, its a nice instrumental :D

This sounds really really good.

Awesome is the only word I can think off.

I also agree that if it has already be shown on this video it might not be on new album.

However, I think it's a really good intro for a song or album. Epic!!!!

Can't wait for the new CD.

It's alrite but it's definately an even bigger step away from the original LP sound, does anyone else notice this? Meteora was basically a professional Hybrid Theory and now my prediction is that the new album mite be a more professional M2M just with some new sounds. Btw we shud all think of a fake name for this track for the track for now, just in case it is LP.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

Awesome song. Sounds like "Hybrid Theory meets Minutes To Midnight" with a some kind of dark vibe to it. I like it a lot, because a combo of styles is what I wish for next LP album. Although it's probably not going to make it for the next record I think it sounds very promising. Can't wait for more :)

This would be definately one of their best tracks!

It's exactly like breaking the habit, but darker, faster and better! ;)

I LOVE IT! The dreamy sound of it! It also reminds me a little of Cure For The Itch (from 00:54 till the end)

AMAZING!

I would buy the album just because of this one!

Really like it, too (best part are Rob's drums, imo, especially in the second half of the track). But at the moment I guess Mike doesn't know whether something based on this will end up on the album just as much as we do. I'm sure we can't imagine how many of those demos they've already recorded during these past months, and it may well be one among many that we won't ever hear of again.

All the greater, though, that Mike shared this - if indirectly - with us ...

EDIT

Oh, and is there a chance that someone could rip the whole video? Thanks ...

Edited by thefly

This is byfar one of the best songs put together in a day. Check out a freshly-shaven Rob poundin out some crazy beats! lol. Mike and LP are true geniuses.

As for a name, I think we should call it Melodrone. Don't ask me why, that name just popped into my head. Give it a shot... :rolleyes: