26.01.2011 - Chicago, IL

SpikeMinoda

he said the song was basicly simple guitar riffs/dj effects/heavy drums, started with rapping, then chours, then rapping, then a breakdown of all the intruments! 0.0 & then the chours again but rapping in the background to end it.

so he said an old Xero demo had rapping, DJ effects, simple riffs, a drum beat, and a verse-chorus structure?

NO. WAY.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so he said an old Xero demo had rapping, DJ effects, simple riffs, a drum beat, and a verse-chorus structure?

NO. WAY.

THATS WHAT I SAID!!! I said dude im a member of the biggest LP fan site in the world, we can picture it ourselves. lol

but i dont listen to that part, when he said it sound like Fuse by Xero im thinking the whole song & when he said Papercut im thinkin he means the stye rapping & singing. Now the breakdown part, ehhh?! =/ lol

he said the song was basicly simple guitar riffs/dj effects/heavy drums, started with rapping, then chours, then rapping, then a breakdown of all the intruments! 0.0 & then the chours again but rapping in the background to end it.

So it's like 90% of LP's material pre-2007?

Sounds more like he was being a smartass.

Just got back from the show! It was insane, FTI, Papercut, and LFY made the night for me :D Hope that they'll be back for Projekt Revolution '11 (and if I havent moved by then)

FTI? Sounds like Chicago got B13. Very nice.

So it's like 90% of LP's material pre-2007?

Sounds more like he was being a smartass.

yeah prob most likely, but i do give him props for being in the same skool of mike growing up.

& FINALLY! we get info on the show & what about the summit? any songs played?

Summit was cool!

Soundcheck they played:

Burning In The Skies

Blackout (3 times..haha)

Question and answer was cool, my friend asked if QWERTY would ever be played again and Chester said 99.8% it will never be played again 9.8% it might one day. Mike Shinoda looked a little disappointed about it! Then a girl asked what their fav LP song was and Mike said QWERTY haha. Brad's fav song to play is Runaway and Chester I forgot. Someone also asked for the Korn cover that Chester did, he has no idea why it wasn't released, but he thinks it might be on the internet somewhere. Doubt it but interesting tid bit, get searching! Someone threw out a question why LP never plays Armed Forces concerts, or it they just hate America it was a good laugh, but apparently they had a chance but scheduling had problems with it. Another was asked but I forgot the question.

The meet and greet was awesome! My first time meeting them after failing 2 other times, awesome experience. I wish i had a photo opportunity with them, but didn't happen. Walking the stage was cool, we got to be hands on with the instruments which was a thrill. The Summit was definitely a good event! Glad LP and LPU put it together!

Show was great as well, caught Chester's water bottle and got Mikes guitar pic!

I'll put up a funny video of Joe trying to be a ninja and pull the table cloth off a table and failing soon. Freakin funny!

Waiting for the End:

Mr. Hahn failing at trying to Ninja!:

Edited by BrandonR24

The summit was cool my girlfriend has the entire q&a on video will try to upload once I make it back home. They soundchecked a few songs but we didn't get an acoustic performance of the messenger like they did in London. It was cool to see to take the band take the time to meet and greet every single person at the summit. If I had to guess I would say there was somewhere around 300 people there. I was able to get a thousand suns world tour poster signed by the band that's limited to 1000 pieces apparently(will upload pics when I finally make it back home my flight to ny was cancelled and now I'm waiting). Overall the summit was a great experience and I'm glad I was able to be there. Show highlights for me were Faint, Bleed it out with A Place For My Head over the bridge, and catching Dave's wristband!!!

LMFAO! at #3, hounestly though i met someone a year ago or two & he CLAIMS too had been there when pictirebored was played, he said it sounded like Fuse-Xero / Papercut-LP together & had a baby 0.o

i do beilive him cause thats the most i ever heard about the song, but hey maybe we can picture it? Get it? lolz

I wonder if anything you've ever said on here hasn't been a lie.

OMG!! yesterday was super freaking amazing!!

I will send you pics asap! got into NY @ 4pm, was stuck in Chicago since 4am.. boo.. but wtvr..

Im at work at the moment, but cant wait to edit and show you all my stuff!!

Sadly i wasn't able to take much videos, cuz my battery started to die halfway into the concert, but i was finally able to record FAINT LIVE!! omg i went freaking crazy! i have some clips of some songs, will share.

Chester jumped into the crowd as well, d_Enigma got to get a hold of him.. booo.. l

I asked chester to "feed the chicken"(lptv viewers should know what that is) but was denied. lol.. he said he was going to do it but i guess not to me lol..

I came home with a signed From the Inside book, and Phoenix's guitar pick!

cant wait to show you everything from sound check to backstage tour to concert!

Man yesterday was just a day i will never ever forget!

Cool that you guys saw soundcheck but interesting that they didn't do any acoustic songs at the Q&A.

I believe they planned on it but just ran out of time.

Chester hates runaway :P

I was actually just about to say this when I was looking for the original post to quote from.

I also don't know if this has been posted and I didn't post it on my twitter during the sound check since I was basically taking a million photos and trying to keep up on all the tweets, but I found it really interesting that during the stage setup they actually were making sure an acoustic guitar was tuned right and played a chord off it and I knew it was tuned for The Messenger. Also their tech were teasing a lot of W&K not just the Savio Speech Scratch while setting the stage up also which made me think they were playing those two songs until I actually saw the setlist on stage.

I believe they planned on it but just ran out of time.

I was actually just about to say this when I was looking for the original post to quote from.

I also don't know if this has been posted and I didn't post it on my twitter during the sound check since I was basically taking a million photos and trying to keep up on all the tweets, but I found it really interesting that during the stage setup they actually were making sure an acoustic guitar was tuned right and played a chord off it and I knew it was tuned for The Messenger. Also their tech were teasing a lot of W&K not just the Savio Speech Scratch while setting the stage up also which made me think they were playing those two songs until I actually saw the setlist on stage.

They're pretty much always rehearsing songs during soundcheck that they aren't necessarily playing at the following show. Any song that they've been playing lately is likely to be soundchecked, especially stuff from ATS, they're still working on improving a lot of the new material.

Because i'm lazy, i'm just going to copy and paste my review from LPA onto here:

My review of the Summit/Show:

I only did day two of the Summit because i wasn't going to be caught dead out in the cold skating without decent clothing as i under-packed for Chicago. Plus i was dead tired and needed my beauty sleep.

I enjoyed making the shirts for Haiti and the free breakfast. The ladies in charge of the printing were really nice and i finally met Adam. For the record, he's actually kind of hot.

After t-shirts, we got to watch the crew set-up the stage and that was both exciting and confusing as i couldn't fathom how they were going to make all that gear fit together coherently but they did. And listening to them check out all if all the instruments were working was cool. I especially liked it when they played Faint just Instrumental.

Then we had the raffle and auction and i didn't win any at all which was sad. To the douchebag who stole the From The Inside Book from me, i hate you.

But i won a dressing room tour for only donating 10 bucks. pretty good i'd say.

Then we got to take our selected tour and i chose Backstage which was cool because we also got to walk the stage even though it wasn't part of our tour so we got to do two things unlike the Stage people and Bus tour people.

The guys dressing room was the most surreal place ever. It was so zen and there was lots of food. Plus, on Dave's locker thing, he spelled his name wrong with a Fenix instead of Phoenix which was amusing to me.

I loved all the things we got to see. I took some pictures. I loved seeing Mike's fancy keyboard and Chester and Brad's drums. The stage was awesome.

Mark Fiore is also another dude. He is cool and also hot in person than the videos let on.

The sound-check was one of the highlights for sure. Mike, Brad, Rob and Joe did BITS first without Chester with just Mike singing his parts. It was like a weird version of BITS. I sang Chester's part in my head. Then they did Blackout almost to the bridge without Chester or the playback. Then they did Blackout again with Chester' playback track and Chester joined in at the end when he and Dave arrived. Then they did Blackout again together with Chester fully there and it was awesome. Chester has already nailed that song. It doesn't need any more tweaking and work.

Then Chester wanted to run BITS and the whole band performed it and it was stupendous. Mike got loads better since the first time they played it and the first time he sound-checked it earlier. His voice was less shaky and breathy and it sounded stronger and sure and they nailed it. Have i mentioned how much i love listening to Mike and Chester sing together?

I was so happy getting to hear BITS live because i knew from the set-list that it wasn't going to be played. They also sound-checked The Requiem/Mario Savio's speech/Faint intro twice and messed around some more playing different stuff and did lots of talking with each other and Chester wanted to sound-check Blackout's bridge again and again. It was all fun just to watch them go through the process.

I loved the M&G but fumbled as i forgot all the things i wanted to say and ask. So i sneaked into the line again and got Mike to draw something on iridescent which has like my favourite vocal performance by him on the album and it was all good. i shamelessly forfeited my dressing room tour given by Dave and Rob in exchange to sit in at the Q&A because for one, Mike was not giving the tour and i wanted to be where Mike was.(yes i am a shamless fangirl. sue me) but i am not as shameless as some of the girls who were whistling and screaming when Chester bent over. It was embarrassing to be seating next to them for sure. Plus there was this over-hyper girl who i awarded the most enthusiastic award for the day. She was spazzing and twirling and saying inappropriate stuff and fangirling but it was all fun to watch and it was cute.

In the Q&A, Mike and Chester gave mostly joke answers. They did say the likely chance of them playing QWERTY is very slim. And someone asked about their favourite songs and they all named songs that they would most likely never play which i'm sure some fans didn't get. I liked the ethnic diversity of the band question and Mike's answer but i was too busy gazing at Mike to remember the rest of the questions.

Then it was bye-bye band time and we were allowed to pick our spots on the floor and for the first time, i was at the barrier in the best spot that allowed you to see both sides of the V with clarity and where Mike and Chester always frequented on the stage. It was great.

THE SHOW:

Does It Offend You Yeah? = most boring band i've ever seen live. This is no exaggeration when i say that most of their songs sounded the same. Someone told me it was Pendulum opening first and i was shocked that this boring band were the same act. But luckily, that was dispelled. DIOYY? is a band that lost me with their mediocre performance and catalog. And their name is silly. I can't imagine chanting that in any shape or form. I was so sad that i couldn't find an ear plug to save me from their noise. They couldn't get off the stage sooner.

Ad for Pendulum, beyond awesome. They blew me away and you could tell the difference in presence and quality the minute they took to the stage. The music was spectacular and i loved every minute. Although, i noticed that besides the one dude who was jumping and pumping up the crowd the whole time, the rest of the band were like statues. But the music made up for it for sure. I will be checking them out for sure.

LP:

I must say, when i saw the set-list earlier, i wasn't happy about Faint opening. Meteora is like my fourth favourite LP album which is basically the least favourite. And i wanted to see Wretches & Kings open so i wasn't happy that it was cut from the set.

For me, the show's highlight was hearing all the ATS material. The low point was seeing that they cut The Messenger and Wretches & Kings which brought the total of all ATS solid songs played to only 5. The horror. My favourite album and i only got to hear only five songs. I mean, it was definitely a high moment when i heard them, but having to listen to Lying From You, Faint and Given Up made me so sad. I would rather hear those ditched ATS material easily in their place and keep Blackout in replacement of Crawling(it just doesn't translate well live) plus Faint is not the greatest opener for me. The crowd enjoyed it. They enjoyed everything and couldn't stop screaming the whole time which is all good. I wanted an ATS song to open up the ATS tour. personal bias. I do still think The Requiem is an epic intro and should definitely stay but teasing us with the Mario Savio speech was mean. They should just have used The Radiance instead.

But the show was spectacular even with my personal bias. It's LP and i connect with them live as they have some sort of magical powers over me. Mike seemed happy that the crowd sang along and knew Waiting for the End which was cool. Although, Chester even with his bad fan encounter in the crowd came down during Bleed it Out and sang the A Place for my Head bridge with some fan singing into the mic with him. He shook everybody's hand including mine and was so nice and awesome letting all those people touch and try to grope him like they think some of his talent would rub off on them.

And i enjoyed Blackout and Papercut and just all of ATS. The show was epic. But i don't think i will be doing GA anymore. My back and neck can't take it. Crowd surfers always manage to almost break my neck each time.

So there is my review. I'm sure i missed loads of stuff.