15.12.2010 - Sydney, Australia (Night 2)

SpikeMinoda

LP's next show of the tour is tonight in Sydney for their second show at the Acer Arena this tour! This is their second-to-last show of 2010 and the second Sydney show on this tour.

LP has played Sydney a total of five times before today, so this is their sixth appearance there at their fourth different venue. In 2001, they played the Enmore Theatre (show page here) where the fans actually broke the floor of the venue on 'In The End'! The band mentioned this in many interviews over the years and even at the 2007 shows in Sydney. In 2003 (no show page) they played at Moore Park for the Livid Festival for a short run of several shows down under. They returned in full force in 2007, playing back-to-back shows at the Sydney Entertainment Centre for the third-to-last and second-to-last shows of that tour (show pages here and here).

Before this show the 2nd LPU Summit will be held, which is the 2nd for this year, after the 2 days event in London with a lot of specials for the LPU members, such as jamming on stage, a backstage tour, a Q&A with LP and the crew, listening to the soundcheck and many more things. This time the Summit will be held only on 1 day. This time the following events will be included to the LPU Summit:

Meet & Greet with Linkin Park, Raffle for band photo and backstage tour, Photo on stage with LP’s official gear, Q&A Session with Linkin Park, Meet Linkin Park’s touring crew, Walk the Linkin Park stage, LPU Summit Laminate, Music For Relief tree planting event. Find more information about the Summit here

The next Summit will be coming in the US next year @ Chicago. Find more information about it here.

We had a couple different setlists in Australia and Europe, what do you guys think will they play at the second Sydney show of this tour? Setlist of the first night can be found here. At the second Melbourne show the band debuted Blackout and Burning In The Skies (setlist here). Is there a chance they will play this set again for this show?

Who will go to show? Someone from LPL will be present at the LPU Summit?

SETLIST on stage @ the LPU Summit:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches & Kings

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. No More Sorrow

07. From The Inside

08. Jornada Del Muerto

09. Waiting For The End

10. Blackout

11. Numb

12. The Radiance (Live Version)

13. Burning In The Skies

14. Fallout

15. The Catalyst

16. Shadow Of The Day

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (w/ APFMH bridge + drum solo + singalong)

---------------------

19. Empty Spaces

20. When They Come For Me

21. Crawling

22. New Divide

23. Faint (w/ Pez on guitar for the 2nd time & his brother Brad on bass)

24. One Step Closer

Do you guys think they'll play this setlist at the show tonight? Or will Jay-Z make a surprise appearance?

EDIT:

During the LPU Summit:

The Little Things Give You Away (Acoustic w/ Mike on guitar)

The Messenger (w/ only Chester)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm off to the Summit & the show!

If anybody wants to come and say hi I'll be in a black LP shirt (uh, kinda like everybody else LOL) and I'll have a Music for Relief tote bag and an awesome guitar handbag. My name's Jen, so if you see me come and say hi! =D

I'm also going to do my best to get some awesome pictures for LPL. =]

Setlist from Melbourne 2 is one of the best ones they have had in a LONG time. AWESOME SET. I hope they keep that.

USA tour will get BITS, Iridescent, Blackout, WTCFM, Catalyst, Messenger, WFTE, and WAK. All the good ATS stuff! Robot Boy might follow but it wouldn't surprise me if they saved it for later on in the touring cycle. The USA tour should get Valentine's Day and/or My December.

I hope they keep Blackout on the setlist. It's absolutely insane live and was definitely the highlight of the night. Sydney are in for a treat if they play it.

Also agree to removing SOTD. Was never a fan of that song anyway. There are much better songs they could be playing.