Happy Birthday Hybrid Theory!

hahninator

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best records ever is out now since 10 years. Happy Birthday HT :D

I took the chance and let the band sign my HT booklet at the M&G in Stuttgart.

But in the end it's just a record and I will listen to it now by myself now and not with you xP

Happy Birthday HT!

I'm a new Linkin Park fan. I've been listening to them since August/September 2007. The first song I ever heard from them was Points of Authority. Me and my classmate were working on a project. He gave me a disc with some files regarding the project etc. It also contained an mp3 of POA. I listened to it and fell in love with the band/song. I had no internet connection at that time, so I went to the local music store and bought a copy of HT without any knowledge of the track-list and all. That was the first "real music" for me. After getting a connection in 2008, I learned more about the band and got their other albums.

Even though I listen to a variety of music now, LP and especially HT have a special place in my heart.

Thank you Linkin Park.

My favorite songs from the album are - Forgotten and Points of Authority.

Been a fan since early 2001, my favorite song of HT is Forgotten, love the music and the lyrics especially mike's line: "and the memory now is like the picture was then, when the paper's crumpled up and can't be perfect again" This album made me get into music and it was the first CD I could listen to without skipping a track because all of them were so damn good.

Still the best LP album until today :) I bought it the day it came out and i was WOW, cause i just known OST and Crawling (there wasnt youtube or smtg back in 2000´s) the album realy blow my mind, and it still does. Every single song is 10/10

my fav is With you and Runaway, too bad that Lp dont play those 2 songs since years....

I love the cd from front to back!

My favorites are...

1.Crawling - I love how the guitars sounds big, the way Chester screams. I wish they added that little rap Mike did on the Crawling demo. Too bad Chester doesn't sound like he did back in 2001. I know he getting older (we all are) but the agressiveness in his voice was what i fell in love with. *pause*

Now he's singing it without that much anger and me personally not getting that 'feeling' i had when he sung it back then. imo

2.One Step Closer - This song gets me amped up. I remember when this came out singing it haha. It was hella catchy

3.A Place For My Head - This one is so heavy i can't put it in words how this song really gets me amped up. Mike rapping with rapid speed, Chester sounding agressive as f*ck.

4. Forgotten - I love how Mike and Chester are going back and forth. I hope they play it again.

5. Runaway/With You - Damnn these songs give me goosebumps. I remember when LP were playing their shows back in 2000 and With you being the opening track and Chester screaming his lungs out. Classic!!

Runaway what more can i say.... please bring it back!

Edited by Michelbeats

Thank you so much for reminding me. I am definitely cranking the volume and listening to this album tonight in celebration. Although it's actually my least favourite LP album (minus Reanimation), it definitely deserves the credit and admiration it gets from fans across the world.

Favourite Hybrid Theory Songs:

1. Papercut

2. A Place for My Head

3. In the End

4. With You

5. Pushing Me Away

BTW @ Michelbeats... have you heard the live recordings for Crawling in 2010 yet? Chester sounds the best he has since 2004 AT LEAST on the song. I actually enjoyed it for once.

Edited by Faint!ntoPieces

I can pretty much guarantee that my story of how I got into listening to Linkin Park is different than anyone else's. I was pregnant with my daughter, and it would have been early 2001, around March or April. One Step Closer was on the tv and my baby started kicking me like crazy. I had heard them countless times before that, and thought they were pretty good, but that definitely caught my attention. I went out and bought the cd after that, and every time that song played she would kick me.

I didn't get to see them live for another 2 years, and I was hooked after that.

Best part of it though, is my daughter still likes them, shes nine years old now and she sings along with me in the car when I play any of my LP albums.

I can pretty much guarantee that my story of how I got into listening to Linkin Park is different than anyone else's. I was pregnant with my daughter, and it would have been early 2001, around March or April. One Step Closer was on the tv and my baby started kicking me like crazy. I had heard them countless times before that, and thought they were pretty good, but that definitely caught my attention. I went out and bought the cd after that, and every time that song played she would kick me.

I didn't get to see them live for another 2 years, and I was hooked after that.

Best part of it though, is my daughter still likes them, shes nine years old now and she sings along with me in the car when I play any of my LP albums.

That's the most incredible story ever ! :D

Pheonix tweeted: Quick update: #hybirdtheory has turned 10... German and Australian dates have been fantastic... Wall Street movie was dissapointing.

My main point to my post is that phoenix tweeted about HT's 10th anniversary

Thank you so much for reminding me. I am definitely cranking the volume and listening to this album tonight in celebration. Although it's actually my least favourite LP album (minus Reanimation), it definitely deserves the credit and admiration it gets from fans across the world.

Favourite Hybrid Theory Songs:

1. Papercut

2. A Place for My Head

3. In the End

4. With You

5. Pushing Me Away

BTW @ Michelbeats... have you heard the live recordings for Crawling in 2010 yet? Chester sounds the best he has since 2004 AT LEAST on the song. I actually enjoyed it for once.

*Edit* Yeah i saw it :)

Edited by Michelbeats

Happy Birthday HT. I recognized Linkin Park with the song "Somewhere I Belong" in 2003 and loved it. Then I became a hardcore fan with that song and the album "Meteora" in 2005. Meteora is still my favorite album. Just with Meteora (In 2005) I heard "Hybrid Theory" and i loved it as much as Meteora. I really have lived with these songs and can't say which is my favorite (Especially from Meteora). But with some hard thinking I say "In the End", "Pushing Me Away", "Points of Authority" & "One Step Closer" are the most favorite from HT.

My favourite song of this album is Papercut. It is an LP classic to me. It has all the elements of LP that attracted me to them. It is also the perfect marriage of rock/rap song LP has ever made. The flow is awesome. Of course My December even if it was a b-side, and Pushing me Away, Point of Authority with Crawling also being one of the best songs from the album.

It would have been my favourite album if the band hadn't made A Thousand Suns.

Happy 10th birthday Hybrid Theory!

The first song I heard was In the End at a football game in 2001 and I went home and immediately downloaded it using napster, when it was free and illegal yes haha. But in 2002 my friend showed me Reanimation and I had to have it, so that was my first Linkin Park CD but without HT that wouldn't have been possible.

My favorite songs are 'A Place for my Head', 'By Myself', and 'Points of Authority'

I cant believe its been 10 years!

It doesn't feel like it's been ten years already...that went quick.

I liked Linkin Park from the moment I heard One Step Closer, and I would have been 12 years old at the time. Hybrid Theory is the one Linkin Park album where I can say I love every track, but my absolute favourite would have to be Pushing Me Away.

I know it's not the greatest album ever made, but it's honestly my favorite...all-time by any band/artist EVER. I just have such a personal connection with this album, and it's been with me during the good/bad times growing up these last 10 years.

I still listen to this album to this day. Maybe not start to finish ( which i've probably done a million times, but a track or 2..or 3 here and there). It's not just an album for me, it's just a part of me. It's really hard to explain and this might sound odd, but i've never made such a connection to something like this before musically but it's just "been" there for me the last 10 years. I went from moving from Los Angeles to Canada, to moving out of the house and living on my own. During those plane rides, bus trips, to work, days when im down, days when im up, etc Hybrid Theory has just been there with me during those experiences. Once again I know it sounds odd, but no album has done that to me. I've connected with this album on so many levels, from emotionally, to it's power/energy, to it's vulnerability, etc. It's just been a part of my life in a way.

Favorite song on the album is "Papercut". I honestly think THIS is Linkin Park at it's finest. It's just so catch, unqiue, the guitar riff is awesome, Mike/Chesters performance was awesome, and that bridge is just an orgasm. I can rap/sing this song backwards. First time I heard it live was in 2007, and it was honestly such an awesome moment for me being at the pit at my first LP show hearing my fav song played live in front of by my favorite band.

I got into Linkin Park after Hybrid Theory was released. A HT commercial was playing on MTV with a video snippet of One Step Closer and the tag line HT is in stores now. I wasn't even into rock at all, but that chorus was just so catchy. I just wasn't into "that" kind of music, so I didnt buy the album or anything to have any desire to hear the record.

My sister ended up buying the album and played it religiously. I hated it at first ( ha!), mainly because this ISN'T my type of music. She ended up buying Frat party at the pancake festival and i watched it with her, saw all the videos, etc and still didn't have a desire to hear the album because once again this wasn't my type of music at the time. I kept saying that over and over for literally years. When Meteora came up, my sister bought the album again and played Faint and Breaking the habit for me. I fell in love with those 2 songs, then one day behind her back I played Hybrid Theory and Meteora start to finish, back to back and was just blown away. I officially became a SUPER fan in 2004.

Around 2006ish, I started to visit LP websites, and the rest was history. LP was part of my daily routine. If not hearing a track, at least checking for updates on websites.

I can honestly admit that Hybrid Theory has been an addiction for me years now in terms of music I listen too. I'll hear a new album by X artist for a few days, then when I get bored and have nothing to listen to...back to Hybrid Theory aka old faithful when I want to listen to something good to jam too lol It's just a cycle, hear something else, get bored of it, back to Linkin Park. I don't tell people that, and a lot of people don't even know how big of a fan I am of that album, but yeah easily my favorite album ever. I cant' even rank the songs in order of how much I liked them. I view the album as a unit, which is kind of ironic because thats what LP was going for with ATS, but Hybrid Theory is MORE of an expeience to me top to bottom then ATS. ATS is purposely made that way, whereas HT just IS for me. Thats what makes the 2 different, and why I prefer HT. For example, when Papercut ends im already humming or thinking about One Step closers guitar riff automatically, or when A place for my head ends, im already preparing myself for Chester screaming " from the top to the bottom", etc etc, the album just flows really well together. It just feels like a runaway train that can't be stopped once Papercut starts until Pushing me away ends. There's NO fillers on this album, or any moments on the album where the energy dies for me. I can care less about the negative stigmas attached to nu-metal, the creativity and freshness of HT was incredible. It opened doors for other genres of music for me as well, amazing what just ONE album can do.

Happy bday!

Edited by thesungoesdown