Happy Birthday Hybrid Theory!

hahninator

Today is the TENTH ANNIVERSARY of the most successful album Linkin Park has ever made...HYBRID THEORY.

This has been an album that guided many of you into being a fan of the band, and for some has been an album that has changed their lives.

What is your favorite song off of Hybrid Theory and why? How'd you get into Linkin Park - via Hybrid Theory or with another CD?

Stay tuned for another post later today about the CD and the live show.... it should be interesting.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was 10 i got into lp after seeing one of there videos then found out there first album HT was coming out. the day of the release i got both my parents up and got them to take me to the shop to buy HT the day it came out i rember being 10 and blasting it in my room i loved all the songs and got to see them in 2001 my fav songs off HT are with you and runaway. HT is one hell of a album and will always be the album that got me into music

i first heard of linkin park while chatting with some guy on napster. he asked me what bands i liked and i said "limp bizkit", so he immediatly recommended me linkin park's "one step closer". this was on the 25th of november 2000 at 9:13 pm to be exact :).

this song got me into this band at first listen and it was a funny version of the song actually. after the final chorus ended, the bridge started again so it was basicly extended and i always thought that this was the way it should be, until i saw the video for the first time in germany on the 4th of january 2001. this was the first time that i actually saw what the band looked like :D.

this album will always be in a special place of my heart because it was a partner through my teenager years (i was 15 back then...) and it helped me to find many other new bands and extend my musical taste.

i guess my favourite song from this album is "papercut". the second the beat starts it always gets me and the climax is one hell of an epic ending.

i stumbled over this band while they became more well known in the US and i followed them when they started to take over the world. it was an amazing journey which i will never forget and it started with "hybrid theory".

thank you linkin park :)

Posted Image

10 years of great music long live Lp , happy bday hybrid theory :)

my fav song > points of authority

Forfeit the game
Before somebody else
Takes you out of the frame
And puts your name to shame
Cover up your face
You can't run the race
The pace is too fast
You just won't last

this was so meaningful and struck me like an axe on my back and still reminds me whenever i think of those days , way back in 2001 ,11 th grade , things that happened to me and made me overcome and turned me a strong person in heart :)

thnx to lp , if u need to beat down the trash , lets do it right away is the key lp taught me !!!!!!!!

Edited by aravind221

hears a good story......

back in 2005 was the 1st time i listen too LP & i was 10. my cusin got me into Meteora & then Hybrid Theory. but back then i didient really care. when i was 12, my girlfriend gave me her copy of Hybrid Theory too listen too for a week, BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE! XD. now im going to be 16 & i know every lil thing there is too know about Linkin Park, yep every lil thing =)

thank you cuzo & sweetie for getting me into my fav band of all time....

I was 14 and still looking for that band that would make me a great music lover, Meteora started it but after discovering Hybrid Theory I knew that Linkin Park were and are an amazing band.

Papercut and Pushing me away are my favourite's. Brilliant album :)

In 2006 six i discovered a band. that band was Linkin Park. I discovered them from their album Meteora. Then after that i discovered Hybrid Theory! To this day i still love Hybrid Theory! My favorite HT songs are One Step Closer, Papercut, Crawling, and In the End. My favorite out of thoose, right now, is One Step Closer.

Happy 10th Anniversary Hybrid Theory

Actually the first LP song I heard was off of the album Meteora, I've mentioned it before numerous times but surprisingly the song was Nobody's Listening. After hearing Hybrid Theory however, I was hooked for life, thank you for changing and saving my life so many times LP and HT, thank you, have a fantastic 10th birthday!!

The first song I heard from LP was Crawling on MTV in 2001 when the single was just out and shortly after that I bought Hybrid Theory. It didin't took long to be my favorite album and it still is today.

My favorite songs are Crawling & Forgotten (man, that was a hard choice! )

Anyway, Happy Birthday Hybrid Theory! :)