Mike Gives Details on ATS

ChuckCheese

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeeeeeeh. I'm a little disappointed, simply because that means less music. I do hope it's at least a bit over 50 min, though.

Prolly gonna be 10 full-length tracks or something, cause the first track, last track, Jornada del Muerto (remembering off the top of my head, if I fucked up the spelling then sorry) and Robot Boy at least seem like instrumentals.

Eeeeeeeh. I'm a little disappointed, simply because that means less music. I do hope it's at least a bit over 50 min, though.

Prolly gonna be 10 full-length tracks or something, cause the first track, last track, Jornada del Muerto (remembering off the top of my head, if I fucked up the spelling then sorry) and Robot Boy at least seem like instrumentals.

I agree

Hey guys, when is the next album coming out after A Thousand Suns? COME ON LP, HOW LONG UNTIL THE NEXT ALBUM AFTER A THOUSAND SUNS!? A THOUSAND SUNS IS HOLDING UP THE NEXT ALBUM! OMG! HURRY UP AND COME OUT A THOUSAND SUNS! DAMNET! This is making me so angry that I hope the only track on ATS is a song called "Holding up the new album". Ok, needless to say, but I'm just joking about all this. I just thought of that because Phoenix said on his twitter that someone asked when the next album after ATS was coming out. HE LUL'D.

Since when does the length of an album make it good or bad?

+1. It doesn't. Meteora is really short but really epic.

Also I have a question. Does anyone know when albums usually go up for Pre-order on Itunes? Is it like a week before it comes out? Do you think the pre-order on Itunes will come on begginning of September or sometime during August? Cause when that get puts up for preorder we can see how long each track is.

Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

+1. It doesn't. Meteora is really short but really epic.

Also I have a question. Does anyone know when albums usually go up for Pre-order on Itunes? Is it like a week before it comes out? Do you think the pre-order on Itunes will come on begginning of September or sometime during August? Cause when that get puts up for preorder we can see how long each track is.

I'm pretty sure it's one week for some of the lesser bands, but usually they have a "countdown to _____" and that starts when the first single comes out. Usually. It could be anywhere from one week to a month. My guess is when the single hits but don't quote me on it. Unless I'm right :P

And to all of those saying people are "flipping out" or "complaining" I'm sorry but I truly feel like if only 10 of the 15 are actual songs I will be a tad disappointed (pending that those instrumentals are ten seconds long. If they are full and wholesome then no complaints). I agree, quality over quantity any day of the week. I thought Wake was a decent opening, and so was foreward (my only exception of a BA short instrumental), and session & C4TI were amazing. But having more than two or three instrumentals seems like it might water down the album. Again, certainly quality over quantity. But those phone calls on Reanimation? kinda annoying. My iPod's shuffle was getting pissy with me.

Edited by Cbass

robot boy does seem like an instrumental but mike said back then that robot boy was the highest rated song from the bunch they were working on and gave it a 'A'. Must be some instrumental to be that good.

I think the best beat he's ever made was the beat for "The Hard Way". If he thinks he's made something better, i wanna hear it now! lol

I TOTALLY agree with you. HELL. I love that song!!!!!!!!!

I think the best beat he's ever made was the beat for "The Hard Way". If he thinks he's made something better, i wanna hear it now! lol

Me too, and that rap part at the end of And One, that's brutal for me.

I'm thinking Jornada Del Muerto may be some kind of weird interlude or something...idk why. And Robot Boy and the two other instrumentals songs probably.

Problably Robot Boy is a Mr Hahn electronix mix.

Edited by wesleyhahn

Wow, guys, what's wrong if it will be 50 minutes? On the first second I read that there will be 15 track, the first thing that came to my mind was "Fuck yea, 12 tracks + 3 not-full-lenght ones!" I actually adore those small tracks and once in the forum (I don't remember where) I mentioned that it will be cool if they do track like 30 Seconds to Mars' 100 Suns - A beautiful , almost 2 minute song. What's wrong with it ? Probably we will get an intro, an outro and one track like this. Awesome!

And I won't put money on betting the robot boy will be Mr. Hahn instrumental. Do you guys remember that post in Mike's blog when they were listening to demos and Robot Boy got the highest rating? I doubt they will talk about an instrumental this way.

/my50cents

Edited by feelthless

Wow, guys, what's wrong if it will be 50 minutes? On the first second I read that there will be 15 track, the first thing that came to my mind was "Fuck yea, 12 tracks + 3 not-full-lenght ones!" I actually adore those small tracks and once in the forum (I don't remember where) I mentioned that it will be cool if they do track like 30 Seconds to Mars' 100 Suns - A beautiful , almost 2 minute song. What's wrong with it ? Probably we will get an intro, an outro and one track like this. Awesome!

I agree with this

I cannot wait for it, it's cool we get more then 12 tracks!

Edited by Jesper

Why are people saying "aaaaaa stop freaking out stop bitching" when no one's made a single freak-out post?

All the posts related to the length have been like "that's kinda disappointing" and things like that.

Also i didn't kno the bit about RObot Boy, that's interesting.