Mike Gives Details on ATS

ChuckCheese

From LPA:

Mike was in the LP Chat just now and gave some minor details regarding ATS. He confirmed that ATS will be 45-50 minutes in length, reiterating "rapping on new album = yes", as well as going on to say that ATS contains "some of the best beats I've / We've ever made, too".

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From LPA:

Mike was in the LP Chat just now and gave some minor details regarding ATS. He confirmed that ATS will be 45-50 minutes in length, reiterating "rapping on new album = yes", as well as going on to say that ATS contains "some of the best beats I've / We've ever made, too".

It has to be longer than 50 minutes. The 6 tracks from the sampler were all over 4 minutes long. The rest of the songs would have to be short. I'm guessing 3 instrumentals (on at begging, one in middle, one at end). But still the other songs can't be like 2 minutes? They said they wanted to make a longer album. Well it better not be 45 minutes. 50 might work.

I'm guessing The Requiem, Robot Boy, and The Messenger are instrumental tracks now that I know it is only 45-50 minutes long.

Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

First, people flipped about the artwork...now, some are flipping out on the length. Let's give the album a listen to before a full condemnation, please.

I think calling it "flipping out" is being a bit dramatic. We're just trying to figure out how 6 songs are all at least 4 minutes and make up 27 minutes of the album, with 9 other songs having to fill up the other 18ish minutes.

As for that, there would have to be 3 instrumentals/short interlude songs that were a minute or less.

First, people flipped about the artwork...now, some are flipping out on the length. Let's give the album a listen to before a full condemnation, please.

haha Yeah, can't wait to hear "Minutes To Midnight were the good old days" from people hahaha!

I think calling it "flipping out" is being a bit dramatic. We're just trying to figure out how 6 songs are all at least 4 minutes and make up 27 minutes of the album, with 9 other songs having to fill up the other 18ish minutes.

As for that, there would have to be 3 instrumentals/short interlude songs that were a minute or less.

And don't forget the Catalyst is almost 6 minutes.

You know there may even be more than 3 short instrumentals. Mike said a while back that this album would probably be shorter.

We got excited when we saw 15 tracks but if there are only around 10 full length songs, and they were all at least around 4 minutes in length, I'd be happy.

I just did the math: and the songs from the ATS sampler equal 27 minutes and 35 seconds. If it is a 50 minutes album there would be 22 minutes and 25 seconds for 9 songs. Only that long for 9 songs. That seems way to short for 9 songs.

The length of the album never bothered me. To be quiet honest when I saw the length of the 6-track sampler it actually shocked me. LP has always been able to create quality songs throughout an album regardless of length so I'm not worried at all with how long ATS is. I just want the album already. And all these previews of The Catalyst are driving me insane

There's also always the possibility that the French article with the review of the 6-track sampler didn't have the track times exactly right...just something to keep in mind.

I think they had the times right. But I don't understand that 6 of the songs equal over half of the length of the album and the other 9 songs equal less than half the length of the album. Seems weird. But we will see when it comes out.

Okay...let's see how the rest of the thread unfolds. I just see it going down the same road as the one about the artwork, where there was a lot of bitching because the aesthetics and style didn't line up with someone's preconceived ideas. People seem to think, or have thought, that with the tracklist of 15 songs/tracks, that it's going to be pretty long, like over an hour or something...some rap and r&b CDs have that many tracks, more, but don't come close to the limit of what a CD can hold. I just hope for those that do go off the deep end, give the thing a listen first when it comes out.

Okay...let's see how the rest of the thread unfolds. I just see it going down the same road as the one about the artwork, where there was a lot of bitching because the aesthetics and style didn't line up with someone's preconceived ideas. People seem to think, or have thought, that with the tracklist of 15 songs/tracks, that it's going to be pretty long, like over an hour or something...some rap and r&b CDs have that many tracks, more, but don't come close to the limit of what a CD can hold. I just hope for those that do go off the deep end, give the thing a listen first when it comes out.

I'm not complaining about the length. It is the longest LP album to date. The thing is 6 of the songs equal 27 minutes, which means the other 9 have to be short. I'm not complaining about the length though and I am happy that it is the longest LP album.