Proggy sound

SergSlim

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowadays music reporters are not scholars and I'm not believing at all that 'proggy' tag, I mean, progressive music is too big to encompass in one word and say 'this is what LP's gonna be'. We could be around the dartboard but not on the whole center. I'm theorizing about electronic stuff just because of the last songs we've been able to listen, like Lockjaw, New Divide or things like that. And these songs point to more Joe action on the new LP music. Then it would seem to a common ear just like something 'proggy'.

But hey dudes, I've always said that Radiohead's instrumental stuff with agressive Mike's rapping and Chaz's screaming would be something legendary. They are my best druggy dreams :D

That does sound good and all but all good thing comes to those who wait. Plus i dont think you're allowed to post any official material on lplive.net anyway coz it could get the website into serious trouble including urself, just remember that.

Yeah i know it won't be posted on the site directly but hopefully what happened with out of ashes and LPU 9 will happen again. I still buy the albums anyway.

everytime when i summarize the things we "know" about the sound of the new album, i come to the same conclusion...

i think the new album will sound pretty much like reanimation!

long songs, complex structures (proggy sound), heavy but melodic, electronic, industrial influences, rapping...it's all there in the sound of reanimation^^

personally i wouldn't mind because i love reanimation =)

Edited by Blackened_Deather

Not gonna judge this album from reviews and stuff before the album. It does sound pretty interesting though. I want screaming and rapping, I probably will not enjoy this album if there isn't at least some screaming or aggressive screaming.

Not gonna judge this album from reviews and stuff before the album. It does sound pretty interesting though. I want screaming and rapping, I probably will not enjoy this album if there isn't at least some screaming or aggressive screaming.

without screaming, I will be dissapointed aswell

I never wanted more rapping to be honest. I was content with the amount of rapping on MTM to be honest. I always want screaming on LP music. I don't want the whole album to have screaming, but definitely a few songs.

This album is a make it or break it for me being a fan of Linkin Park. I will ALWAYS respect them as musicians, but I feel they have been letting their fans down like crazy lately.

Chester needs to make up for all the aggression that wasn't in MTM. Legend is waiting...

Edited by Legend

This album is a make it or break it for me being a fan of Linkin Park. I will ALWAYS respect them as musicians, but I feel they have been letting their fans down like crazy lately.

Chester needs to make up for all the aggression that wasn't in MTM. Legend is waiting...

and so is LPxDC

After reading this I can say my excitment is peaking. Waited this long... I can wait a little longer.

Everyone is hoping it sounds like this band or this band... I hope LP has made there own unique sound they call there own. Can't wait!

for me, i want the album to be like aggressive like mike rappin really aggressive likes hes about to kill sumone and really mad but not the lyrics like that also hopefully chester screams more i LOVE his screams.... so amazing.... but if da album isnt like dis its still cool cause everything that LP has made is awesome to me. :D LP4EVER

so proud to be a Linkin Park fan....

The new record has been described in so many different terms that I don't except anything from it anymore. Seriously: genre-busting, proggy, mix between HT and MTM, totally different from HT and MTM, more electro, more rapping, heavy, but heavy without metal,...So I come to this conclusion: If the music is good, I will be happy. If the music is not good, I will be unhappy. Simply that.