New Album: Mix between MTM & HT!

vyonizr

From Chester's Twitter:

@ChesterBe: So here's the question. Does the record suck? Is it good but peole just don't care? Or is everybody downloading illeagaly? Honesty please...

@justinmabee: i would have bought it. I did do a review, and let a lot of ppl know about the record...@ me for a link.

@ChesterBe: thanks for the info. Appreciate it

@justinmabee: no prob Chester. Can't wait for the new LP record.

@ChesterBe I myself. Promise that the new LP is fucking insane. Complex. Heavy without metal. Strong hiphop. Mix HT and M2M. Melodic

Sounds great! Thoughts?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure I'm going to like this album if it's going to be heavy hip-hop/electronic. I don't like music without a lot of guitar generally. Oh well. I'm glad I have DBS to listen to then.

o______O we havent even heard anything.... How are you already disliking the album??? :blink:

o______O we havent even heard anything.... How are you already disliking the album??? :blink:

Just from what all the band members said so far about the album and this statement saying heavy hip-hop...I like the rock side of LP more than the hip-hop side.

Just from what all the band members said so far about the album and this statement saying heavy hip-hop...I like the rock side of LP more than the hip-hop side.

OK, fair point, but lets just wait to see what it actually sounds like and form our on opininons then, who knows, you might like it.. *shrug*

Chester words makes me believe that he doesnt likes MTM... I'm happy that the word HEAVY has appeared in the description of the new album, that's what i want!

Seconded. Linkin Park know how to make good heavy music. they should stick more to it.

btw I dont get it..who exactly promised that M2M and HT mix? cos that is not chester's comment It's someone called Echofon who replied to justinmabee

Edited by VavourasLP

Regarding Chester on the DBS comments, I usually don't bash the members of Linkin Park because they do a lot of great things. I have always respected them, but I think this is just a ploy to get people to buy more DBS CD's. Assuming the following according to today's recording and marketing standards, Chester doesn't just go and put the CD on the market by himself, he has people that market the music, promote it (which I think the promotion was horrible for it), a producer - he knows it sounds good. It's catchy, it's appealing to the masses, I don't buy the "poor me" facade.

What sticks out more to me is how he mentions, not word for word, "We can't really think to make more music if people are downloading it for free, it doesn't accurately reflect what people think." Yes, a true statement, but he went from wondering if the album sucked to persuading people to go buy it. If he wanted true thoughts on how the music actually was in itself, he could have asked just that..."What did you all think of the DBS album? Positivity and negativity is all welcome."

No one likes to see bickering, but I also don't like to see you all falling for something as simple as this because look at what you're doing already.

"Wow, I feel really bad for him...I'm going to go buy this CD."

Strategy accomplished. :lol:

Music is not free, you shouldn't download it illegally.

You realize this. I'm sure a lot of people download music instead of paying money. Sadly, it's much easier to do that now.

But don't act like this guy is emotionally depressed. He played an entire concert with a broken arm, he's not a wimp.

Now for the new album, I agree with a lot of you on the "heavy" hip-hop aspect. I believe Hybrid Theory and Meteora had a LOT of those influences. Minutes to Midnight was lacking that in my opinion.

Edited by rav0k

Seconded. Linkin Park know how to make good heavy music. they should stick more to it.

btw I dont get it..who exactly promised that M2M and HT mix? cos that is not chester's comment It's someone called Echofon who replied to justinmabee

Echofon is a Twitter client. He used it to reply to Justin.