Chester Talks New Album

Nameless

The Edge has a report on Linkin Park's achievement in the last ten years, they were named top-selling rock/alternative band of the decade by SoundScan and finishing at #5 on Billboard's overall Artists of the Decade chart, and Chester talks to Launch Daily about Linkin Park's new album out sometime next year.

Linkin Park is now working on its fourth album, and singer Chester Bennington told us they're pushing their sound further than ever before: "I think that the kind of music that we're making, the sounds that we're going for -- I mean, you know, we're playing instruments through pedals that are being then sampled into keyboards and playing those through effects, and running loops and, like, there's so much craziness happening in the studio right now. Some of the beats are super-complicated, the programming is insane, and it's fun."

Thanks to Jas!

The Edge has a report on Linkin Park's achievement in the last ten years, they were named top-selling rock/alternative band of the decade by SoundScan and finishing at #5 on Billboard's overall Artists of the Decade chart, and Chester talks to Launch Daily about Linkin Park's new album out sometime next year.

Linkin Park is now working on its fourth album, and singer Chester Bennington told us they're pushing their sound further than ever before: "I think that the kind of music that we're making, the sounds that we're going for -- I mean, you know, we're playing instruments through pedals that are being then sampled into keyboards and playing those through effects, and running loops and, like, there's so much craziness happening in the studio right now. Some of the beats are super-complicated, the programming is insane, and it's fun."

Thanks to Jas!

Man, can't wait to hear how this sounds and turns out for the final product.

Remember how ,I think it was in hybrid odyssey, that joe was all proud that the band doesn't loop anything. What happened?

They also used to not do guitar solos. Times just change, it's a new album.

One that needs to come out soon.

I'll believe it when I hear it. They hyped up MTM a lot as well.

We'll, they said it would be something new, different sound, and so on.. weren't they right? They didn't say "That's the best fucking release ever". And MTM is epic for a lot of LP fans, so if the hyped it up, they were definitely right. :P

I'll believe it when I hear it. They hyped up MTM a lot as well.

It's your opinion....I personally loved Minutes To Midnight and I still do. It's my favorite LP album to date and I've been an LP fan since Hybrid Theory so yeah. I think this new album has the potential to be something amazing, possibly better than MTM for me. I just hope we don't have to wait outrageously long, I was kind of hoping for a PR10 but who knows at this point...

...well....is this line means they might be like MTM once again? Or just some stupid sentence from the reporter?

I think he needs to be careful with his words @@!

I'm assuming English isn't your first language. If it's not, then it's understandable why you can't understand that lol. All it means is that it's the album that comes after Minutes to Midnight.

I saw some posts of some of you are not that happy Rick is producing the album again

Though i thought Rick did a great job by pushing their creativity, example the donna donna's Mike and Chester doing on songs and experimenting with instruments.

so my question is, Who would you like to see producing the next LP album ?

Also i'm wondering wich bandmember will crack the code on naming this album

I'd like to see Mike produce the whole thing himself.

The donna donna thing is just great, Rick did an excellent job with that. You can even hear it on What I've Done - "na na na na, na na na na" etc. I really like that idea. It worked out for "Japan" too! I really think that's a great way to do melodys...the LOATR/TLTGYA demos really bring it out. I hope that is included in the next CD process.

I'd like to see Mike produce the whole thing himself.

The donna donna thing is just great, Rick did an excellent job with that. You can even hear it on What I've Done - "na na na na, na na na na" etc. I really like that idea. It worked out for "Japan" too! I really think that's a great way to do melodys...the LOATR/TLTGYA demos really bring it out. I hope that is included in the next CD process.

I agree with you.

He's has gained lots of experience throughout the years. I think he'll share production credits along with Rick again.

Maybe it could be brought up at the next chat session if Mike going to produced the LP album in the future.

I agree with you.

He's has gained lots of experience throughout the years. I think he'll share production credits along with Rick again.

Maybe it could be brought up at the next chat session if Mike going to produced the LP album in the future.

I think that's a great idea too...I would be more than glad to see mike produce an album all by himself