History

hahninator

Well, it's Friday and not much is going on in the LP world. Hopefully Mike posts his VMA score on his blog like he said he might...maybe that'll be today?

Anyway, I was going to ask a few questions to those of you who wanted to reply.

How did you first discover LPLive? When did you first visit? Why did you first visit and why do some of you keep coming back? We've obviously gathered our own little community and I was interested in hearing about everyone's history with the site and how you all discovered LPL.

I heard about lplive from a polish page.... it had a setlist and then it said credits to lplive.... i clicked on the link and i was like oooo nice site..*adds to favorites* then i just kept coming back since it was better.... more news, the setlists ofcourse and so on :)

My first visit took place in 2006 I think, back when the site's address was hahninator.sotrix.net ^^ I don't remember how I discovered the site perhaps I found the link on a "Polish page'' as luki said and ofc. I've been with this site since then, initially because of setlists but then the site began to provide different rares so I liked the site even better and so on....

Well, it's Friday and not much is going on in the LP world.

Dead By Sunrise is playing in Las Vegas tonight. ;)

I first discovered LPL when you and I were brainstorming the idea of a comprehensive Linkin Park live guide before it even existed. :lol:

How did you first discover LPLive? & When did you first visit? Why did you first visit and why do some of you keep coming back?

I can't remember exactly, but I discovered it a long time ago. I'm thinking I saw a link to it from the LPA. All I remember is trying to find some news on Linkin Park. I wasn't really interested in the concept of LPL at the time. I remember there being a really basic page and a cutenews on it. I also remember the old phpBB forum that the website had. I tried to stay as active as possible on the forum, putting my input wherever I could. At that time, I still dont remember even using the actual website. I started using the website for information once the forum was upgraded to an IPB. Thats when I realized how badass and HUGE LPL really was.

I keep coming back because LPL is always up to date, and the quickest, for LP related news. I've helped out LPL in the past tons, with all the forum work I've done, and I keep visiting for any other opportunities I can to help.

Been here since before there was a here.

"Yo, we're gonna do this one beginning to end Reanimation-style just for you guys... It's called P5hng Me A*wy."

'nuff said>

Shh :P You're the reason I even fucking got into this stuff, lol

Dead By Sunrise is playing in Las Vegas tonight. ;)

I first discovered LPL when you and I were brainstorming the idea of a comprehensive Linkin Park live guide before it even existed. :lol:

Second show in a row I almost 100% forgot about DBS. Texas show was completely forgotten until 2 hours beforehand and I would've missed the Vegas show for sure. Goodness, lol.

Yeah you, Nick and Jonas were here before we even created page #1 B)

I found a link to hahninator.sotrix.net on LPA forums.

The site was made of .txt files at that time. lol

A little bit later I started to spam And One's and SergSlim's email with CB info that was missing in the guide.

Later I became a staff member O_o

I found a link to hahninator.sotrix.net on LPA forums.

The site was made of .txt files at that time. lol

A little bit later I started to spam And One's and SergSlim's email with CB info that was missing in the guide.

Later I became a staff member O_o

Oh shit. I remember the text files. Maye I have been visiting a lot longer than I thought I did.

I think i found lplive probably about a year ago.I was looking for lp fan sites that have material on concerts and audio and all that stuff.Then i saw lplive in google and i thought yeah lets see what they have there:P.Till that time,everyday i am visiting the site like every 3 hours to see what's fresh and new.You always keep me up to date and bring the fans together,thats the spirit! :rolleyes:

I've been visiting this web site for one year and a half..but I remember that the first time I entered hear was thanks to a link someone posted in the Linkin Park Spain forums, where I could see the Linkin Park setlist played in Madrid in 2003. Since that day, I think I visit lplive every day lol.

Edited by davidkyoku

For me it started when I decided to sort out my video and audio collection of LP bootlegs. There were no DVDs or FLACs, only some files from Linkin-Inside.

But I found out that there were some mistakes in dates, or something else. I tried to figure out the exact date of the shows.

If I remember correctly I asked Mark if he knows where I can find such info. I'm not sure if he gave me link to the first Live Guide which was on some other old fan site (I don't remember its link) or he gave me link to hahninator.sotrix.net.

I'm also not sure if it already existed as a text version at that time.

Then I started sending Mark lots of To-DOs but he was so lazy sometimes that I literally spammed him with them, and then I just asked if I could fix them on my own, if he can't do it :) That's how I became STAFF on the txt version of the site.

I think I visit this page since May 2008. My story is quite funny because I saw the NY MSG show on Youtube and wanted to see it in a right order. So I opened a topic in the German forum http://lpr.ya-music.de. Someone answered this site here has all setlists of every show and so I went here.

A long time, I was a reader because I could get any information I was interested in. Setlists from the Summer European Tour and so on... Then, I decided to register here and I love it.

Just an awesome site with great people. :)

I didn't find out about this site that long ago, but glad I did. It's the only LP website I frequently visit for LP news because it's so up to date. I used to visit LP Fuse for my LP news, but that's turned into a ghost town. And I can't remember exactly how I found this site actually.

I knew LPLive a few years ago when I was visiting the website Linkin Park 77 which became Linkin Park Revolution. I firts visit the website because I wanted to know many things about their live, which songs they played & if I could find audios & videos in HQ. Your website was so complete that I decided to come back again & again.

Edited by Malou

I found it in may 2007 I think, when I searched for cool LPsites and posted on LPProjekt and followed LPA for news. I then discovered LPL via google I think, when I searched for setlists of the 2007 tour. It was even before or short after the LP show in Hamburg in 2007. I stuck to it because I loved searching for old setlists and then see if I can hear the shows with special moments and songs and stuff. I downloaded stuff from linkininside and stuff.

I used to visit lptimes a lot last 2 years for news but atm I'm mostly visiting LPL and - ift it wasn't down for some reason - ETP-forums. But I'm not following it as addicted as before because I'm not mostly listening to LP anymore (I started listen to bands like Alter Bridge or Shinedown, who gave me the best fuclin time at a concert ever some weeks ago, go and see them if you have the chance!).

I trade LP though, so the site is really important to me ^^

Im not sure how I found the site...I think I came here over blackchester and then signed up...that was in late 2007 I thinkt...for a while I wasn't really active but then finally came back here and now Im checking LPL out every day a few times ...great community :)

I remember I've found a link to hahninator.sotrix.net somewhere in the middle of 2007 on bazinga!, but I didn't visit the site regulary. Then after few months in 2008 I saw a lot of credits to lplive.net, I checked that site out and thought that it was like really huge what they did. Since then I'm visiting this site very often.

Now I visit LPLive to get the newest news from LP world and to discuss them with a lot of smart people. Since Stuttgart I think me and Mark, Jonas and others became friends(or good acquaintance, call it however you want)(I dunno if they feel the same way) and its really awesome to know people who have at least the same passion for a band like I do.

Well, one day before LP @ Stuttgart 2009 my friend told me about this site. He was checking out the previous setlist because I wanted to know If DBS will attend.

I was like "Okay, there's a site called LPLive... whatever, good to know..."

Few days later, on the train to Gräfenhainichen, I met two guys who seemed to know almost everything about LP. Suprisingly they turned out to be the Site Owner himself AndOne other guy... don't remember his name ;D

The first thing I did after returning at my friend's home was signing up to LPLive and since then I keep coming back to read latest news and occasionally discuss LP topics. It's a good site, very informative - almost always reliable. I rather post things in here than on LPU or another Forum.

Edited by Jacrid

Fact: I used to help provide news on your old website (Cure for the Itch). Then you started LPLive and I got buried in the dirt with the claimed "Meteora demos in Joe's backyard". :(

Fiction: I found LPLive advertised on the back of LP's tour bus in Oklahoma City.

Conclusion: Shit happens, enjoy the media.

My first visit was in 2007 when I was searching setlist and tracks from PR, for warm up for gig I was to attend in NY. The site was well done and i kept reading it, today I'm still checking it more times a day.

Keep Rocking !

How I discovered LPLive... I remember myself downloading tons of LP's live videos from youtube at 2007. I was listening to Linkin Park for a long time (first song was 'Lying From You' in 2004 or 2005) but I wasn't so familiar to the music/bands world... I was just hearing some songs I used to like from some bands. But you know growing up, Linkin Park touched me so much, I felt a part of myself in their songs, their style. So I wanted to enter deeper to LP world. And so I started searching everything related to LP, like videos, songs, lives, interviews, rare stuff, pics etc. In this search I discovered some LP fan sites, the 1st I found was 'Forfeit The Game. com' at March 2007. Later I found 'LP Live . net' which was WOW! This fansite has every LP live date, tons of news and a very awesome forum! So I started checking 'LPLive' for LP news. Some time after the first Linkin Park concert in Athens,Greece, June 25 2008, I signed up to the 'LPLive' forum and guess what... I found the Athens,GR concert in mp3!!!! 'LPLive' is the most AWESOME LP fansite with 100% reliable news and a very helpful forum!!!! I check 'LPLive' every day! Thank you for this awesome fansite!!!

Edited by Eddie