New Album Update : Five Finished Songs

ThePretender

Mike always keep us up-to-date with their progress with the new album, and this time he writes about 5 finished songs:

At last count, there were upward of 60 tracks on the "band" hard drive. Obviously, they're in all states of completion (except "finished"). Well, 60 is a big number, and focusing down on all of those to try to get them finished sounded terrifying not to mention silly; a good chunk of those are probably not really our best stuff anyway. So we narrowed down to 20. These 20 aren't all going to make the album, they're just the best songs we've got so far.

Of the 20, we're trying to focus on 5 right now, and get them finished. The work has been going exceptionally well--I think all the guys are more focused than ever. I don't know for sure, but I would bet that the average song length on these is around the 4-5 minute mark; a bit longer format than our usual stuff. We're really enjoying being in the studio right now, trying to be as creative and adventurous as we can, while letting our sense of songwriting, rhythm, and melody guide the way through the chaos.

Source here

Excited? Thoughts?

Edited by AndOne

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best news in 2009. They heard our response finally!! We had been fussing for longer songs. They are doing it!! Five songs finishing :lol:

Tell the world to get ready to bow down to Linkin Park as they launch another single with new formats and style! I am patient! Do it properly so that we enjoy it.

I don't know if this is good or bad news, I would have thought they'd have more than 5 songs completed by now. Also the 4-5 minute thing isn't necessarily a good thing cause the songs on the mtm that were that length such as sotd and tltgya were lame.

TLTGYA was one of LP most epic song they've ever written. SOTD was a pretty darn good one. not lame at all