New Album Update : Five Finished Songs

ThePretender

Fuck the live shows with 1 new track, and 1 older track played. I demand a single from the first bunch of tracks done! Even if they're not on the album they can be promo singles!

I would completely replace the setlist ... All songs are played on the tour over the summer, I would give away and replacing them with other songs...sorry for my bad english <_< :P

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at Breaking the Habit, Mike had been trying to write that song since the HTEP days, but it had never come out the way he wanted it to, then one day he decided to put lyrics to the instrumental song Drawing and 2 hours later, he had BTH written.

sure thing, but BTH does not fall in this rewrite category im refering to. mike tried to write this song for 5 years, but what does that mean? did he want to write a song about this theme or did he have a melody in mind and couldn't form it right. either way does not fall in the endless rewriting scheme. having an IDEA and work on that one afterwards is a totally good thing. but linkin park talks about whole songs. rewriting whole songs might lead to good things but still won't specifically lead to a better song, just to another one. there is always a reason for the creation of a song in the first place and by constantly changing and reworking every aspect this reason gets lost.