LPU 9 - Fav Song?

hahninator

Across the Line because i havent heard it before and Breaking The Habit because i'm hoping to hear more strings on it, but i'm sure all the songs will get enough of play time except drum song i guess

Don't expect too much from the string parts in ANY song! The demos won't have live strings, only keyboard and MPC tunes. That means everything will sound a bit less "organic" than in the final versions ;-)

BTW I'm waiting for "across the line" and "drawings" ;-)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was putting the CD together I would have included a re-mastered "She Couldn't" and Chester singing "No Roads", but that's just me.

Out of what they're actually giving us, I'm most looking forward to "Across The Line", if only because the last "exclusive" song we got (QWERTY) was such a badass track, and I'm hoping they keep it up. Really interested to see if Mike's vocals are on a the MTM demos, too.

I'm pretty much excited for all of the songs; I friggin' love demos. But, if I had to choose two, I'd say "Stick N' Move" and "Across The Line." The former mainly 'cuz I loved the Xero tracks, and a version with Chester would be sick. As for the latter, it's a new song (to the public, at least), and I'd like to hear how a full version of "Japan" sounds.

First of all, why is it that people assume that we'll be getting a Chester-sung-version of "Stick N' Move"?:huh:

I am looking forward to "Across the Line": because it's a new song. I am curious to see why it was never originally finished and why it was cut from the final selection.

Second of all, I am looking forward to the "Drum Song": this song is to date the only epic song LP has written. It is beautiful, and under-appreciated by the fanbase simply because it isn't your usual run-of-the-mill LP song. I would like to hear what it sounded like in its demo phase.

Edited by arbiter

First of all, why is it that people assume that we'll be getting a Chester-sung-version of "Stick N' Move"? :huh:

I am looking forward to "Across the Line": because it's a new song. I am curious to see why it was never originally finished and why it was cut from the final selection.

Second of all, I am looking forward to the "Drum Song": this song is to date the only epic song LP has written.

:rolleyes: ............ :lol:

I'm not going to answer yet, simply because we have no idea what songs are on the CD. We all get so excited for a song and then comes all of the complaining about it not being on the CD.

For the Hybrid Theory songs we might, I'm thinking Papercut, the "real" One Step Closer demo, and Pushing Me Away. I doubt Cure For The Itch will be on it.

I'm not guessing on the others, but I'll be happy with what we do get.

First of all, why is it that people assume that we'll be getting a Chester-sung-version of "Stick N' Move"?:huh:

Well I'd say it's a safe assumption seeing as Mike didn't "sing" LP songs until really Minutes To Midnight, and this was 9 years before that. Highly doubt Mike is singing the full song himself on Stick N Move.

I'm not going to answer yet, simply because we have no idea what songs are on the CD. We all get so excited for a song and then comes all of the complaining about it not being on the CD.

For the Hybrid Theory songs we might, I'm thinking Papercut, the "real" One Step Closer demo, and Pushing Me Away. I doubt Cure For The Itch will be on it.

Did you totally miss the entire LPU 9 tracklisting news? You seem totally out of the loop and have no idea what you're talking about it, lol. The tracklisting was announced on the LPU days ago.

Wtf? The tracklisting is confirmed by Adam (LPU) and Mike himself.

Well I'd say it's a safe assumption seeing as Mike didn't "sing" LP songs until really Minutes To Midnight, and this was 9 years before that. Highly doubt Mike is singing the full song himself on Stick N Move.

I'd also think that Linkin Park as a band wouldn't put out a demo that doesn't consist of their current lineup. It's safe to assume it's the Chester version we never heard.

Did you totally miss the entire LPU 9 tracklisting news? You seem totally out of the loop and have no idea what you're talking about it, lol. The tracklisting was announced on the LPU days ago.

Yes, I did miss the track-listing news.

A-Six (A.06) would be great to hear in full length.

Faint, Breaking, Figure.09 will be awesome. Thanks to "unburying" the Meteora demos.

We already have a By Myself demo. Super Xero. I am sure this one will way better.

As for Stick And Move, we all know that came from Xero. I was hoping for a Papercut demo, but will never happen.

Speaking about demos, New Divide would be cool to hear as a demo.