Some New DBS Details

BeardyWilderness

Thanks for the review but I disagree on your reviews for the songs that have leaked. Such as you saying crawl back in is not repetitive, and my suffering sounds better than it did in 08.

Edit: Also I think you used the word amazing about 10 times to describe the songs.I don't see you giving the songs any negative feedback, yet they all didn't get perfect scores. Could you elaborate on what you didn't like?

Yeah, THIS POST!

And yeah, from I have heard so far, the production on the album was horrible. Why did they choose that guy anyway? I know he's done production in the past, but seriously, I could have done a better job, lmao...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do release some acoustic tracks, I think everyone here will be satisfied. I doubt they'll just use the acapella from the original recording and make the music acoustic, although, TDG and 10 Years have both done this. I'd like an in studio acoustic performance or something.

EDIT: Also, hopefully since they are supposedly playing the whole album live, we will get live rips of all the songs that way we can have the album live. We already have CBI and we will have MS in HQ live so there's a start. I think all the DBS songs are great live EXCEPT for Fire. I honestly prefer the studio version...I just hate the vocals for Fire live.

Edited by Geki

Wilderness, thanx a lot for the review, very interesing but for me its hard to figure out how it all sounds :P well in a couple of weeks we'll hear it, not so long to be waiting

btw on the pic where's Hayley with her sheet, the guy is GigaScythe?

ill use some of the other interview Cos it describes the album well

1. Fire

A good start to the album. The loud keyboard sounds weird and doesn't fit the song .distorted guitars fit the song well and make it what it is. The more times you listen to this song the more you discover. The harmonies in this song 6/10

2. Crawl Back In

Awesome guitars in this song but don't like the distorted guitar in the beginning sound like they forgot to mix that bit in the studio.Its a perfect first single.The guys pull it of so well live they make it sound better.

8/10

3. Too Late

Palm muted guitar intro is so so. Chester's singing style is OK, The final chorus sums this song up with some keyboard by Fu that sounds out of place and mixed way to loud

5/10

4. Inside Of Me

Whoa-oh chorus! like allot of bands now do nothing new there something catchy for a crowed to sing along to live. The "underwater" feedback vocals take away from Chester's voice and i think it would have sounded better with clean vocals. but all in all a listenable rock song 7/10

5. Let Down

I finally get to hear the studio version of this song, after the 2005 acoustic version.love this song and the lyrics but i find they have added to much to this song and took away from it preferred it acoustic good harmonies and backing vocals.

7/10

6. Give Me Your Name

Not much to say about this song other than a sleazy love song that he should keep to him and his misses

2/10

7. My Suffering

Changed from the screaming demo played live a while back, but still has a good sound to it.The screaming part of the chorus is good but the producer has drowned it out to much. Nice solid rock song

8/10

8. Condemned

Old school rock style song. Waves of distorted guitars during chorus, which are very energetic. The amazing scream returns! Unexpectedly, the screaming progresses, reaching higher and higher halfway through the song witch sounds weird,

but it fits well. This is very different for Chester.

8/10

9. Into You

The bass catches me most of the intro, surprisingly, as compared to the picked guitar. The way Chester flows with his vocals are unique, melodic and powerful. The bridge is, one of the better ones on the album 5/10

10. End Of The World

The name instantly catches my intention. The industrial feel is like a julien-k song, and the lyrics are media and politics bast. During the bridge, a quiet session fades to a harder, heavier loud part, which is a perfect warm-up for a decent solo.

7/10

11. Walking On Circles

Okay, this is the BEST song on the album! The acoustic verses, the punchy chorus making this song perfect! Progressive solo leading up to the final chorus, 9/10!

12. In The Darkness

Sounds like there's some "beat-boxing" in this song, or humming, as part of the drum beat. found this song boring and flat.

4/10

lyrics and ideas were all there but cant help but feel like the producer has ruined a potentially awesome CD

this is only a quick review my in depth review is going to be in my college mag so once iv typed it up ill post it here

Edited by rugs77

I wouldn't expect a full UK tour, but I'd expect more than one tour date for the whole of the UK...maybe 3 but the whole UK doesn't revolve around london even though many bands seem to think so. I know obviously bands do come further north, however london is excessively expensive to travel to and from not to mention gig tickets and accomodation...

Eh, it's not like we aren't familiar with "overproduced" anyways. We ARE Linkin Park fans after all. :lol:

Lol, I was thinking that as well... but that's why I love live recordings so much. At least MTM wasn't as bad as the first two production wise... But this is horrid, at least everything sounded right on HT and Meteora... on the DBS songs I have heard, some things just seem too high or too low in the mix.

EDIT: Actually, this really pisses me off... I hate when some producer comes in and takes an otherwise great song, and has to ruin it by putting his "special" touch all of it. Fuck that.

Edited by Cyro

Oh my God, this sounds awesome! Now I'm even more excited for the album *laughs*

"Walking In Circles" really seems to be epic. A progressive rock solo, and also epic background vocals in the chorus (by Ryan?)? This sounds AWESOME!

I'm also looking forward to "Inside Of Me," "Let Down" (OMG, another Amir solo *laughs*) and to that industrial-influenced song!!

It's also really cool that they want to do acoustic versions of the songs. Maybe they'll release it as a kind of unplugged session that might also be aired on TV? That would be brilliant!

Oh, and I can't wait for them to come back to Europe. I'm sure if they are playing a show in London, they are also gonna play one show here in Germany around the release of the album. Or maybe they will be performing at an MTV show or stuff. Anyway, I'm looking forward to anything by DBS that is to come, and I'm counting down the days to October 9th!