Some New DBS Details

BeardyWilderness

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the song playing on this video is 'Too Late'. . . :D

Lol i wrote tha first ! Haha

And i also reported that he sang too late in one of the videos, for some reason a few people didn't believe me, even though you can clearly hear him sing ' Too late ' :lol:

I'm on fire reporting stuff.

LOL that was random. :lol:

lol, that was AWESOME!

But yeah, 'Walking in Circles' seems to be an early favorite. It'll be interesting to see how everyone else reacts once this horribly overproduced, yet great album hits the shelves (or leaks... lol...)

5 weeks??? japanese release is September 30, on October 1 it'll be all over the net, imho, i dont think that later :ph34r: maybe it 'll leak even earlier as it always happens

Yeah i prefer reading reviews after i have listened to the album myself (so i'll come back here later), i remember M2M reviews - my real impression was totally different, the unheard music can't be described in words

Why is everyone assuming every song on the album is gonna be " overproduced " ?

because of fire and my suffering

Not to mention some of the lucky people who went to the listening party also said the album seems over produced.

It just seems like the style calls for it, the way CBI, Fire and My Suffering turned out, I'd only assume the other tracks will have the same "feel" to them. The same "overproduced feel"

Question:

Out of Ashes... better than Minutes To Midnight? from what im reading my answer is yes but someone like Alex Mcmillian should give me his opinion.

It's difficult to compare them - honestly, MTM is more pop/rock; OOA is pure rock. It's a lot more grungey and rough around the edges (even with everyone saying it's "overproduced" - honestly that's a matter of opinion. I think it's just OOA's style). Chester goes all out with his vocals - you want extreme highs, lows, pure screams, soft singing - it's all there.

My favorite songs on there are definitely Inside Of Me and Walking In Circles - hearing the studio version of the latter was just mind-blowing. The lyrics are so powerful.

"Everyone's shut off their minds... so I'll turn on mine."

It's difficult to compare them - honestly, MTM is more pop/rock; OOA is pure rock. It's a lot more grungey and rough around the edges (even with everyone saying it's "overproduced" - honestly that's a matter of opinion. I think it's just OOA's style). Chester goes all out with his vocals - you want extreme highs, lows, pure screams, soft singing - it's all there.

My favorite songs on there are definitely Inside Of Me and Walking In Circles - hearing the studio version of the latter was just mind-blowing. The lyrics are so powerful.

"Everyone's shut off their minds... so I'll turn on mine."

I'll reserve judgement until after I've heard the whole album, but describing what I've heard so far as "grungy" and "rough around the edges" could not be farther from the truth. The three songs I've heard so far have tons of keyboards and other electronic effects, the vocals are very far from natural most of the time, and the guitar, while distorted is about as clean as you can get. The tracks are very polished and the production reminds me far more of HT and Meteora than it does MTM. Given Up and No More Sorrow alone are both rougher than any studio track I have yet to hear from DBS...

I'll reserve judgement until after I've heard the whole album, but describing what I've heard so far as "grungy" and "rough around the edges" could not be farther from the truth. The three songs I've heard so far have tons of keyboards and other electronic effects, the vocals are very far from natural most of the time, and the guitar, while distorted is about as clean as you can get. The tracks are very polished and the production reminds me far more of HT and Meteora than it does MTM. Given Up and No More Sorrow alone are both rougher than any studio track I have yet to hear from DBS...

No no, don't get me wrong - the production is absolutely perfect in my opinion. I'm not meaning rough-around-the-edges as in production-wise, just the style of music. I mean "rough" as in "rocky". When I heard the album every song sounded as perfectly produced as it could be. There are a ton of electronic elements as you mention, and these only serve to enhance the sound laid down by the drums and guitars; icing on the cake if you will.

totally agree my friend also got to go to listening review thing and they said the album is over produced and keyboards are to loud my friend didint like MTM that much but he said MTM is better than out of ashes he said some songs sound like there just filler songs they have put on there to bump the track listing numbers

totally agree my friend also got to go to listening review thing and they said the album is over produced and keyboards are to loud my friend didint like MTM that much but he said MTM is better than out of ashes he said some songs sound like there just filler songs they have put on there to bump the track listing numbers

Uh...Your friend indicated fillers after the first listening?

I agree with you. Linkin Park is definitely heavier than DBS overall.

Chester's best description of this music was when he called it 80's pop/electro pop. That's really what it is, at least from what music has been released already.

I can't wait to hear it. You guys that did are very lucky. :P

Uh...Your friend indicated fillers after the first listening?

he listened to it a few times he went a difrent day he works for a magazien he was doing a review for that witch will be in the mag just b4 the album drops he got to listen to it 4 times then did his review he gets another listen end of september

That has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING.

Everyone keeps saying ''Oh yeah, Howard Benson did a horrible job at producing'' or ''Chester didn't write good lyrics'' or ''It's not heavy enough'' and other comments like that. So I'd like to see those people produce an album, or write lyrics or make music better than what DBS has made with OOA. People should act mature. I could hate DBS and I wouldn't say that it sucks or Chester did a bad job just because I didn't like the music.

Everyone keeps saying ''Oh yeah, Howard Benson did a horrible job at producing'' or ''Chester didn't write good lyrics'' or ''It's not heavy enough'' and other comments like that. So I'd like to see those people produce an album, or write lyrics or make music better than what DBS has made with OOA. People should act mature. I could hate DBS and I wouldn't say that it sucks or Chester did a bad job just because I didn't like the music.

I'm going to assume that the heavy comment was supposed to be referring to my post.

If so you completely missed what I was saying. Linkin Park is heavier than DBS overall. Where did I was it was not heavy enough? You're assuming my standards for good music = HEAVY RAWK!

Newsflash: They aren't. I like DBS, I'm just pointing out facts.

I can like DBS and still point out what is good and what isn't about it.

I'm going to assume that the heavy comment was supposed to be referring to my post.

If so you completely missed what I was saying. Linkin Park is heavier than DBS overall. Where did I was it was not heavy enough? You're assuming my standards for good music = HEAVY RAWK!

Newsflash: They aren't. I like DBS, I'm just pointing out facts.

I can like DBS and still point out what is good and what isn't about it.

Actually, I wasn't calling you out, I've heard people say that everywhere. I guess I'm going to give us defending DBS.

People are naturally going to compare dbs with lp. Of course Chester is one of the best singers of all time and has immense talent, so yes the band is better than the average band out there. When you start comparing it to lp though, it just doesn't stack up to some people which I think you should be okay with because this is just a side project.

My opinion.

The word "overproduced" is non-existant. There is no such thing. Heavily produced, maybe. As GigaScythe said, it's a matter of opinion whether you think it is too produced for you. But if you're going to let something like that block out your enjoyment for the album, then that's your problem.

I'm not going to say anyone is wrong, but people here are basing this off 3 songs you've heard... and they're not even THAT heavily produced. For a rock album, maybe, but in comparison of things you hear on the radio or all these new Kerrang! bands with members who probably don't even know what gender they are themselves, it's fine.

If it's a toleration thing, then well maybe you will learn to live with it. I mean, that little old-school-hip-hop squeek sample played during Petrified used to annoy me, but you live with these things.