Crawl Back In premiered on Myspace

GoodyLP

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great song. But ultimately, I prefer any live recording any time. In the studio version they tampered a little too much with Chester's voice for my taste, I guess partly due to the bad influence by the JK guys. I'd hoped for a more raw sound.

Still, I like it.

Great song. But ultimately, I prefer any live recording any time. In the studio version they tampered a little too much with Chester's voice for my taste, I guess partly due to the bad influence by the JK guys. I'd hoped for a more raw sound.

Still, I like it.

Bad Influence ? I think not.

JK probably helped get Chester out of the style a little bit that he's used to. His tone changes a lot through this song which isn't something we see in a lot of in LP songs. This song is quite ' raw ' except for the times when his vocals are layered, but it all adds to the effect.

This blows the live version out of the water which I wasn't expecting.

I respect peoples opinions though. JK rock !

Still, I like it.

It always easy to blame someone else for something you don't like.

Anyways I like the live version a tad more, but thats simply caused by the fact which version you heard first. You always get a different opinion on the sound of a song if you heard the live version first.

I just love this song! I already liked the live version but now I prefer the studio version even more. The production is ace in my opinion, and I like the raw vocals of Chester that are really different from what he is doing in LP. He's doing a great job, and in general this is a straight-forward rock song that might surprise a lot of LP fans. One can also definitely hear the JK influence, and I really like the riffs and the different layers and effects of the song.

Now I'm gonna listen to it again and I'm even more looking forward to the album!!

Oh, and I forgot to say that the guitar solo also rocks :D But it's from Amir, so yeah, this guy knows how to rock the guitar :D

Edited by immortalsoul

It sounds good but I personally like the live version better. Technically I didn't hear the live version first. We heard the little snippet of the studio version from the DBS teaser trailer before they ever played it live. Since then I had a feeling I would like the live version because I feel like the studio version doesn't have that authentic feeling to it. While that kind of modified vocal track works for LP songs, I think it hurts DBS songs, for my taste anyways. That being said, it still sounds great and I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.